CFZ A compliment to Jerry Jones

Kwyn

Reaction score
You're happy with mediocrity?
I think one of the frustrating things we see on this board is that everything another team does is something we should have done.

Everything we do is something no other team would even consider.

If you look at some of the most regular critics of the team and look at drafting, free agency and trades, the resources required to pull it all off would be along the lines of 3 firsts, 3 seconds, a half dozen thirds and fourths, trading our top five players and spending double the cap. Every year.

I really don’t even think I’m exaggerating (much).

There’s a huge amount of irresponsibility and intellectual dishonesty here on the daily.

The reality of how much the front office “misses” is far closer to 5-10% off the standard NFL front office than the 100% that the critics would argue.

I just tire of the never ending ending bellyaching that just makes me envision a 75 year old retiree sitting on his porch in midlothian, a cooler with a twelve pack next to him trying to hunt and peck to create a response here at the CZ saying “I hate Jerry Jones! Bill Bates for Ring of Honor and Long live Tom Landry!”

Ok. That’s my rant for today.

Hunted and pecked every keystroke.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If Tush was based on a single technique.. Why aren't teams doing it? 12 win seasons, sure that's great, BUT we still lose to the same teams. Those teams happen to be in the playoffs. Let's have a gut check. We beat Eagles once last year with their backup QB. We beat Tampa with a beatin down old Tom Brady. We can demolish teams who play a certain way. We also lose to teams who also play a certain way. Usually has something to do with a good oline. Right now, we seem to be great at paying bad players and selling Jerseys.
It will get refined. Teams still playing catchup.

Look at how Purdy got hurt. He didn’t know how to run it and got smashed. Hurts doesn’t do that.

I expect, if it continues, to see “squats” as big a QB combine metric as accuracy in the future. (Jk).

shabazz

Reaction score
Send your request down to the Valley, plenty of 'unaffected ears' down there who love the Cowboys...as if Jerry plays it safe even having to control picks and recover cap deficiencies...and let's see you lead the way with your grand number...27 or 10 or just Jerry, or one's fed up...tell us all how to play by play change all and prove it without just throwing out another insultive quote.

Do LEAD the way...after claiming instead Jerry is no leader other than bad...waiting now.
I shall endeavor to let a single stat plead my most humble point with a stat that should insult every Cowboys fan.

5-12 in playoff game since 1996 and not a single conference game.

Perhaps Jerry should merely try to emulate Mr Howie Roseman and actually address roster deficiencies before the trade deadline…..but pshaw, Jerald is quoted as saying his roster is just fine as is.

Hard to argue with success though even if it was over a quarter century ago.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I shall endeavor to let a single stat plead my most humble point with a stat that should insult every Cowboys fan.

5-12 in playoff game since 1996 and not a single conference game.

Perhaps Jerry should merely try to emulate Mr Howie Roseman and actually address roster deficiencies before the trade deadline…..but pshaw, Jerald is quoted as saying his roster is just fine as is.

Hard to argue with success though even if it was over a quarter century ago.
Your statistics don't attempt to do anything but insult Jerry. In doing so, you miss all the good playing by all the Dallas Cowboys through that as well. If that is YOUR legcy, I'll just leave you miserable and choosing to be only that in perspective....

In judging wars, one just doesn't narrow down into single highlight films of how it was fought. Unless an Air Force and the criteria of 5 confirmed kills, team is the most important pictures. Not every units wins all engagements...yet they are still forged in fire. Mature a bit on team development, leadership, and actual growth.

Right now, there isn't a damn thing wrong with this team. They can go on the battlefield and win...not insult fans, but fight and win!

Blow the foam off one's beer before one crys in it. :thumbdown:

I have a new name descrption for just that perspective: Beer Blowers!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Let's go Jerry, let's pick up another win...move up, and make DeMarcus Wares entrance onto the Wall of Honor a grand experience for DeMarcus!

cowboyed

Reaction score
The credit and criticisms should not all be gifted to Jerry. Jerry as well as being the owner of the team is the unabashed team spokesman and ambassador on anything Cowboys. It makes 80 year old Jerry look like he is fully in charge, but not really.

Upper management & operations is a 4-cylinder engine consisting of Stephen Jones, McClay, McCarthy and Quinn. More player horsepower and torque is needed. This vehicle needs a driver who can read a road map and has great vision.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
The credit and criticisms should not all be gifted to Jerry. Jerry as well as being the owner of the team is the unabashed team spokesman and ambassador on anything Cowboys. It makes 80 year old Jerry look like he is fully in charge, but not really.

Upper management & operations is a 4-cylinder engine consisting of Stephen Jones, McClay, McCarthy and Quinn. More player horsepower and torque is needed. This vehicle needs a driver who can read a road map and has great vision.
There is much more quality staff fully contributing as well...continue getting informed on status. The team added a large number of sophisticated members to the team this very off season. That includes coaches as well.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The last time I ever gave Jerry the benefit of the doubt was when Parcells was here.
Continue your rooting for failure, that really isn't impressive as a final stance. The team is a good team here and now...play around with a Jerry angle. I don't care how many just lose Jerry's one adds to any such picture. Really.

GO Cowboys!:starspin: You are biased in the present...that part has to be seen play out. Period. Then a fan decides what happened here and now. Not in the past..
beer head blowers and crying in one's beer doesn't do the trick for this fan. You do your thing. I'm still a fan.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
According to some; this team is always one player away. While the Jones crew has done well in the draft, they have not done so well with knowing when to make a move, or on how to utilize talent. Also, any player that is added to the team, immediately takes on the dry, uninspired culture of the team.

Philly is great at making moves and building a roster, but second place is no place at all. The Cowboys have time, but they need to take some risks. Is 28 years long enough to see that what they are doing, does not work? This team is always in the pack, but by the end of the season, they are who most believed them to be.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is the current picture this week:

The Dallas Cowboys are back from their bye this week and first up in their run up to Thanksgiving Day is a home contest against the Los Angeles Rams.

It has been about a month since Dallas last played at AT&T Stadium given that they had two straight road games before their bye. Fans will surely enjoy seeing the likes of Dak Prescott, CeeDee Lamb, Tony Pollard and other offensive stars all while hoping the offense returns to proper form.

Defensively the Cowboys have been great this season as cornerstones like Micah Parsons, DeMarcus Lawrence and DaRon Bland have all played well to this point. This week presents a new challenge as Matthew Stafford comes to town and Puka Nacua is giving the Rams a great receiving threat opposite of Cooper Kupp.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...s-cowboys-vs-los-angeles-rams-2023-nfl-week-8

The Cowboys have won their last 8 home games going back to 2022.

I can't agree with posters rooting for Jerry just to fail....get current on what is actually happening and not kiddie bumper cars on failure.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The last time I ever gave Jerry the benefit of the doubt was when Parcells was here.
I was stoked about Bill being hired as well. At least I was until the truth behind his hiring was leaked. What's hilarious about the 'leak' is that it came from drunk Jerry himself.