A Cowboy Thanksgiving Problem

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Yeah, but you're the Grandmother, which means you get what you want! :laugh:

If only... at 51 and all the sibs close in age, and dinner is NOT at my place... but they KNOW it's Thanksgiving so it's football, plus that military nephew of mine is going to be there and he's a Cowboys fan (fell a long way from his parent's football tree...) and since its at his parent's home (my brothers), we definitely will win this debate this year, but I usually do anyway :flagwave:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Sounds like someone else's problem to me... I have Directv and just watch it on my phone if it's an issue, but usually it isn't. Those who don't like it simply leave the room. Which they have every right tho do. I won't stop em.

That's cool. I just recently had cable installed, and just found they have an app that allows me to watch anywhere I go...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I honestly do not remember the last time I missed a Cowboys game. Before I make plans, I always make sure it doesn't interfere with my plans. The Cowboys have been in my life, almost as long as a family...

My last job, for 23 years I called in sick on Turkey Day, MNF, TNF if the Cowboys were on...lol
I use my vacation days for the days after a later game, so I can stay up and watch it.

Xelda

Reaction score
I am truly sorry about your situation ES, but this has turned into some enjoyable reading. I'm not getting extra opinionated since you've got to live with the repercussions.

ESisback

Reaction score
I am truly sorry about your situation ES, but this has turned into some enjoyable reading. I'm not getting extra opinionated since you've got to live with the repercussions.

Naw, it’s OK! Don’t know why I was worried about it. They don’t care when I bring strippers...

Vomit

Reaction score
I don’t know if this is the right place for this, but I need advice. My wife and daughters are planning a family dinner at my stepdaughters house—probably 18-20 people. My brother and I have a long standing tradition of watching the Boys on Turkey Day. Here’s the problem: all the relatives hate football! We’re scheduled to eat at 3. The game comes on at 4. If we try to watch it there, everyone will flip, and I’m the jerk for letting “stupid football” ruin everyone’s holiday. If we eat quick then go home to watch, I’m a jerk for leaving a family celebration they worked so hard on for “stupid football”! Either way, I lose! Advice?
Advice? Drink heavily. Works for me!

GMO415

Reaction score
Act like cousin Eddie, they will never invite ya back :lmao2:
200.gif