A Dak extension cannot have a no-cut, no-trade, guaranteed dollar deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also for Dakclub Football 101 doesnt include things like game management: time of possession, consecutive 3 and outs, you know complementary football. Their arguments requires all of us other fans not watch the game or can’t remember how the game actually progressed ie where the turnovers happened, when they happened, not capitalizing on turnovers with great field positions and settling for field goals, etc. These are important facts that the stat sheet doesn’t tell you.
To be fair, fans, who do not account for all four quarters of a game, do not exclusively follow Dallas. It is a tendency shared by fans of teams throughout the sport, inside and outside the NFL. Other sports fans do the same thing following their teams. Heck. Fans are not the only sports enthusiasts who regularly do it also.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your problem is that I am right 99% of the time
Countless times, Lucy has swiped the football away just before the kick attempt. Legs fly up into the air. Gravity eventually takes hold. The back of the head is the first thing to hit, sometimes so forcefully the ground shakes upon impact.

Brain bounces within the skull like egg yolk inside its shell. Damage is inevitable.

It's CTE, Charlie Brown.

stiletto

Reaction score
He doesn't even deserve the money he's gotten, so he definitely does not deserve a raise.
He's only going to change his contract if he gets more money. Why would he take a paycut? No player ever does that. It's not his fault his agent put Jerry/Cap boy over the barrel.

morat1959

Reaction score
No. If he'd started with any other team he'd already have been out of the NFL and just a memory by now- and not much of a memory. He just isn't that good.
You know what I think about Dak but I think he’d be a backup on some team in the league. He stills reads like his pre draft analysis. When he stopped running, like lots of others over the years, his game was gone. That’s the only reason he had success in college. He’s never been a passer. He processes way too slow.

morat1959

Reaction score
INT - “We want Lance”

Fumble - “We want Lance!”

Incomplete pass - “We want Lance!”

It’s going to be impossible to ignore. The fans will make sure if it. Lance might suck, but he’s an unknown commodity. That’s more than can be said about Dak.
This one made me laugh.

morat1959

Reaction score
I know the reality of the situation.
The point of this thread is to reinforce the notion that Jerry cannot afford to get on the hook and tie up the franchise's future any longer.
Dak is not the guy.

IF the Cowboys extend him and tie the future of this franchise to him for 5 or 6 more years, you might as well start watching another sport. The Cowboys are done.
I just don’t think we can carry him to the dance.

Carnes

Reaction score
This has to be Jerry's priority.
Any new deal has to be without guarantees. If Dak can't cut it, the Cowboys cannot mortgage any more of the future on him.
I think it should give them the option to release him this season if he can't cut it.
Actually it can have whatever Jerry and Dak decide on.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Na, you have enough emotions to cover a few others. Same with Brokeback. Super feels!
Looks like you need a rescuer too? :laugh: :lmao:
You just can't quit each other.

Great forum content though!
Funny how some like yourself can't quit Dak it would seem.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
never Underestimate the rare ability of him to “Command the Huddle”…..it’s paid off in spades so far
I hope Jerry pays him. Maybe he can go back and get a master's or whatever is after a master's for his workforce leadership. You can't teach that, but you can get a degree in it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t see any way Dak don’t buckle under the pressure this season. It’s just what he does.

If he gets extended then Jerry has given up completely on winning.
Don't expect Jerry to roll the dice. He will probably extend Dak barring something catastrophic.

Yeah, last year Dak was awful against the 49ers. People keep saying Dallas chokes every year in the playoffs. Dallas doesn't choke, they're losing to better teams. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat. Lost to the teams that were better than them. Just because it's Dallas doesn't change that fact.

Purdy and Garoppolo are not great QBs. They are ok, mainly bus drivers. But they play for a more talented team with better coaching.

exciter

Reaction score
This has to be Jerry's priority.
Any new deal has to be without guarantees. If Dak can't cut it, the Cowboys cannot mortgage any more of the future on him.
I think it should give them the option to release him this season if he can't cut it.
Nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.