A Dak extension cannot have a no-cut, no-trade, guaranteed dollar deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The defense allowed 230+ yds rushing and 3 tds. Plus, Aaron Donald murdered the O-line... but dont let a little thing called facts get in yall way. So, yep all Dak's fault...
Did I say it was "all Dak's fault"?

Here's a fact for you. After one good opening drive the offense crapped the bed the entire rest of the first half and half of the third quarter.

If Dak could have put together even one more drive in those first three quarters it would have helped the struggling defense and made the difference in what ended as a close game, after the typical too little too late flurry in the 4th. But no, he missed on every opportunity he had, and he had opportunities. He could have been a difference maker, but he wasn't. The Rams knew exactly what they were doing when they forced the game on to his arm.

Go ahead and blame everyone but Dak though.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Did I say it was "all Dak's fault"?

Here's a fact for you. After one good opening drive the offense crapped the bed the entire rest of the first half and half of the third quarter.

If Dak could have put together even one more drive in those first three quarters it would have helped the struggling defense and made the difference in what ended as a close game, after the typical too little too late flurry in the 4th. But no, he missed on every opportunity he had, and he had opportunities. He could have been a difference maker, but he wasn't. The Rams knew exactly what they were doing when they forced the game on to his arm.

Go ahead and blame everyone but Dak though.
Or blame everyone and Dak, I laugh at how many glass houses get wrecked on this forum... " you blame everyone but Dak" .. "You blame no one but Dak" and the rant goes on.. I mean its totally possible the defense played like crap AND Dak didnt do enough to overcome it... I know crazy stuff. The Rams and EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL would do that to EVERY team they could no matter who the QB is.. acting as if Running for over 250 yards in a game is a "Dak" special rule on how to win makes you look like you have an agenda, wether you do or not. "They forced the game on his arm" give me a break the defense forced the game onto Dak's arm when they let the Rams control the clock and eat yards rushing...but yeah Dak lost the game by not scoring enough points also.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Would love to have a no-trade clause but most of the time that is not going to help your cap as the signing bonus is where most of the dead money comes in.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the incentives are high enough there could/should be escape clauses for poor performances.
It's rare that a contract is fully guaranteed, so there typically will be a team out without having to pay the full amount.

But if your talking about it being year by year from the first year with the team able to walk away at any time without consequence, that's not how it works with any QB. That's just a one year deal.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's rare that a contract is fully guaranteed, so there typically will be a team out without having to pay the full amount.

But if your talking about it being year by year from the first year with the team able to walk away at any time without consequence, that's not how it works with any QB. That's just a one year deal.
Thats a Franchise tag.. exactly.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Or blame everyone and Dak, I laugh at how many glass houses get wrecked on this forum... " you blame everyone but Dak" .. "You blame no one but Dak" and the rant goes on.. I mean its totally possible the defense played like crap AND Dak didnt do enough to overcome it... I know crazy stuff. The Rams and EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL would do that to EVERY team they could no matter who the QB is.. acting as if Running for over 250 yards in a game is a "Dak" special rule on how to win makes you look like you have an agenda, wether you do or not. "They forced the game on his arm" give me a break the defense forced the game onto Dak's arm when they let the Rams control the clock and eat yards rushing...but yeah Dak lost the game by not scoring enough points also.
This is what happens when you let your emotionally driven agenda control your thoughts.

Yes, it's football 101. Try and take away the opponents strength and force them to play to their weakness. Every team does it. It worked perfectly for the Rams. Dak could not force them to respect the passing game, until it was way to late.

Fact.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
It takes a TEAM to reach and win a SB.

Football 101
He’s had that and it away. He had a great oline, he had the running back. Hell they gave away a top pick for Amari, he had ceedee, his defense gave him turnovers. He squandered it and now we are suppose to put a team around him when he’s taking a huge chunk of salary cap? There’s a reason why most QBs win on there rookie deal and its bc money can be moved to other areas of the team(also if posting reply on QBs who won superbowls most recent exclude Brady and Stafford bc Brady took less and no way should we leverage our entire future like the rams). Before you say he didn’t have a defense that’s bc we put all all the money on the offensive side of the ball and defense outperformed their salaries over last few years. Sorry this was all said last year and year before but Dak has worn out his welcome. Every time I see your comments you have an excuse and then manage to infer things like Aikman wasn’t that good. Fact is Aikman was number 1 pick for a reason, he won three SB, were the 90s great, hell ya, but Dak couldn’t hold Aikmans jock strap, those are facts. Tell your boy Dak that to stay he better make it to nfc championship or no extension. We like everyone else want to see some form of progress and regular season stats mean squat. Now back to the point, no QB will sign any contract as ludicrous as this.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score

**If the defense could have stopped the run even one drive in those first three quarters, it would have helped the offense and made the difference in what ended as a close game, after the typical too little too late flurry in the 4th. But no, they missed on every opportunity they had, and they had opportunities. They could have been a difference makers, but they weren't. The Rams knew exactly what they were doing when they continously ran the ball down our throats...

See it works both ways. Dak, O-line AND the defense could've done better.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is what happens when you let your emotionally driven agenda control your thoughts.

Yes, it's football 101. Try and take away the opponents strength and force them to play to their weakness. Every team does it. It worked perfectly for the Rams. Dak could not force them to respect the passing game, until it was way to late.

Fact.
19:44RamsGreg Zuerlein 25 yard field goal03
6:03CowboysAmari Cooper 29 yard pass from Dak Prescott (Brett Maher kick)73
213:40RamsGreg Zuerlein 23 yard field goal76
7:00RamsC.J. Anderson 1 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick)713
3:27RamsTodd Gurley 35 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick)720
310:03RamsGreg Zuerlein 44 yard field goal723
5:20CowboysEzekiel Elliott 1 yard rush (Amari Cooper pass from Dak Prescott)1523
47:16RamsC.J. Anderson 1 yard rush (Greg Zuerlein kick)1530
2:11CowboysDak Prescott 1 yard rush (Brett Maher kick)

Either you understand this or you dont, I'm not gonna argue with someone who doesn't care about facts, carry on

Wangchung83

Reaction score

Fact.
Also for Dakclub Football 101 doesnt include things like game management: time of possession, consecutive 3 and outs, you know complementary football. Their arguments requires all of us other fans not watch the game or can’t remember how the game actually progressed ie where the turnovers happened, when they happened, not capitalizing on turnovers with great field positions and settling for field goals, etc. These are important facts that the stat sheet doesn’t tell you.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
**If the defense could have stopped the run even one drive in those first three quarters, it would have helped the offense and made the difference in what ended as a close game, after the typical too little too late flurry in the 4th. But no, they missed on every opportunity they had, and they had opportunities. They could have been a difference makers, but they weren't. The Rams knew exactly what they were doing when they continously ran the ball down our throats...

See it works both ways. Dak, O-line AND the defense could've done better.
Yea? So? It does work both ways but this thread is about Dak. When he was needed to make a difference he couldn't.

I would also point out that the defense did manage to tighten up and force fieldgoals on those first half drives, keeping the score down, only to be put right back out on the field after a 3 and out.

I would love to watch that game with you.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Also for Dakclub Football 101 doesnt include things like game management: time of possession, consecutive 3 and outs, you know complementary football. Their arguments requires all of us other fans not watch the game or can’t remember how the game actually progressed ie where the turnovers happened, when they happened, not capitalizing on turnovers with great field positions and settling for field goals, etc. These are important facts that the stat sheet doesn’t tell you.
Yup.

It's all about those fantasy football stats for some.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well how many turnovers where there in the game since you watched it and where were they?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s had that and it away. He had a great oline, he had the running back. Hell they gave away a top pick for Amari, he had ceedee, his defense gave him turnovers. He squandered it and now we are suppose to put a team around him when he’s taking a huge chunk of salary cap? There’s a reason why most QBs win on there rookie deal and its bc money can be moved to other areas of the team(also if posting reply on QBs who won superbowls most recent exclude Brady and Stafford bc Brady took less and no way should we leverage our entire future like the rams). Before you say he didn’t have a defense that’s bc we put all all the money on the offensive side of the ball and defense outperformed their salaries over last few years. Sorry this was all said last year and year before but Dak has worn out his welcome. Every time I see your comments you have an excuse and then manage to infer things like Aikman wasn’t that good. Fact is Aikman was number 1 pick for a reason, he won three SB, were the 90s great, hell ya, but Dak couldn’t hold Aikmans jock strap, those are facts. Tell your boy Dak that to stay he better make it to nfc championship or no extension. We like everyone else want to see some form of progress and regular season stats mean squat. Now back to the point, no QB will sign any contract as ludicrous as this.
Do you want me to give you the yearly Oline ranks? You won't like them.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
And why would Dak or any other QB in the league sign a deal like that?

I know many fans hate Dak and want him gone, but stuff like this is straight out of make-believe land.
To be fair it's the deal Kirk has been taking

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Your problem is that I am right 99% of the time; you just don't like it.
Just because you don't like my opinions or analysis doesn't mean they are wrong. We know Dak is not the answer; he's proven that.
Math is hard.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Perhaps you should read the things your victim that you are trying to rescue has been spewing and then your reaction to a comment not directed at you in which you felt the need to respond.....and then you will appreciate the irony of you calling anyone emotional.
Na, you have enough emotions to cover a few others. Same with Brokeback. Super feels!
Looks like you need a rescuer too? :laugh: :lmao:
You just can't quit each other.

Great forum content though!

Status
Not open for further replies.