A Dak extension cannot have a no-cut, no-trade, guaranteed dollar deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again, agree. Although Rush is a downgrade from Dak, the team still managed to win. And Cooper Rush is not very good. If the Cowboys don't extend him until after this season, it means they're considering all options.
I don’t see any way Dak don’t buckle under the pressure this season. It’s just what he does.

If he gets extended then Jerry has given up completely on winning.

bigE79

Reaction score
This has to be Jerry's priority.
Any new deal has to be without guarantees. If Dak can't cut it, the Cowboys cannot mortgage any more of the future on him.
I think it should give them the option to release him this season if he can't cut it.
That no trade clause has got to go..no other cowboy has it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Any new deal has to be without guarantees. If Dak can't cut it, the Cowboys cannot mortgage any more of the future on him.
I think it should give them the option to release him this season if he can't cut it.
You don't sign QBs to deals without guarantees.

That's just insulting and a non-starter.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
The Seahawks and Bucs were weak when they played the Cowboys.
Dak choked the first half away vs the Packers and only racked up good stats when facing a prevent defense- which is his normal routine when facing good teams.
I don't recall the Rams game, but I know he lost.
You're guessing...

Seahawks were weak that year?
Packers was in prevent defense the entire 4th qtr in a playoff game?
You dont recall games but you know it was his fault?

Hmm yea Iam done talking to you.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Aren't you a Pittsburgh fan?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The Seahawks and Bucs were weak when they played the Cowboys.
Dak choked the first half away vs the Packers and only racked up good stats when facing a prevent defense- which is his normal routine when facing good teams.
I don't recall the Rams game, but I know he lost.
The Rams game was the same as the Packers game. Choked away the first half and too little too late in the second half.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Your problem is that I am right 99% of the time; you just don't like it.
Just because you don't like my opinions or analysis doesn't mean they are wrong. We know Dak is not the answer; he's proven that.
When he signs his extension the only QB being paid more per season than Dak will be Burrow. Then Lawrence will jump him. But rest assured he’ll be the highest paid QB in the NFC with the most guaranteed money. Whether you think it’s prudent or not makes no difference. And since Hurts got the first “no trade” deal the Eagles ever gave, Dak will get same from Dallas. Dak is a very, very good quarterback. He is going to be paid accordingly. You’re not paying him. Be excited for the season and let Jerry worry about player contracts.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why extend him for another 200 million?

Get TLance ready to play and we are good.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
When he signs his extension the only QB being paid more per season than Dak will be Burrow. Then Lawrence will jump him. But rest assured he’ll be the highest paid QB in the NFC with the most guaranteed money. Whether you think it’s prudent or not makes no difference. And since Hurts got the first “no trade” deal the Eagles ever gave, Dak will get same from Dallas. Dak is a very, very good quarterback. He is going to be paid accordingly. You’re not paying him. Be excited for the season and let Jerry worry about player contracts.
No thanks.

Dak doesn’t need half a billion in cap.

8)

Verdict

Reaction score
Detail?
How about what we've all watched for the last seven years?
He chokes every time the game gets too big and shuts down, forcjng the Cowboys defense to try and carry the team by themselves.
Dak is a chronic slow starter in big/important games. That’s just factual and without any emotion or agenda tied to this statement.

Dak isn’t the worst QB leading an NFL team, but it’s questionable whether he can ever lead us to a SB and he has enough talent around him to get us there.

I think Dak has been supplied with a top tier roster around him this year. Dak has all he needs to win one.

I think Dak better make some serious noise this year (at least NFC title game) or the team will start doing the math on potentially moving away from him. That doesn’t mean that the team WILL move on, but it will be on the table.

Also, as a side note, anyone who thinks that the Cowboys organization isn’t rooting like hell for Trey Lance, is very, very naive. The team is hoping that Lance can be much more than a backup.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak is a chronic slow starter in big/important games. That’s just factual and without any emotion or agenda tied to this statement.

Dak isn’t the worst QB leading an NFL team, but it’s questionable whether he can ever lead us to a SB and he has enough talent around him to get us there.

I think Dak has been supplied with a top tier roster around him this year. Dak has all he needs to win one.

I think Dak better make some serious noise this year (at least NFC title game) or the team will start doing the math on potentially moving away from him. That doesn’t mean that the team WILL move on, but it will be on the table.

Also, as a side note, anyone who thinks that the Cowboys organization isn’t rooting like hell for Trey Lance, is very, very naive. The team is hoping that Lance can be much more than a backup.
Do you believe there is a team in the NFL that would not like one of their back up quarterbacks to develop into a better QB than their current QB1? By 2026 Lance will be QB2 on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He is never going to start a game for the Dallas Cowboys.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
The Rams game was the same as the Packers game. Choked away the first half and too little too late in the second half.
The defense allowed 230+ yds rushing and 3 tds. Plus, Aaron Donald murdered the O-line... but dont let a little thing called facts get in yall way. So, yep all Dak's fault...

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No idea why you keep whining about rescuing others.
From what? You? Lmao. No.
You're emotional that another person disagrees with you.
Discussion forums might be too scary for your temperament.
Perhaps you should read the things your victim that you are trying to rescue has been spewing and then your reaction to a comment not directed at you in which you felt the need to respond.....and then you will appreciate the irony of you calling anyone emotional.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Good thoughts although I am sure that Dak's agent wouldn't agree to all of those demands. As to letting him go after this season, highly unlikely, why, the salary cap as we would have to take a $62 million hit to the cap. Reality is that Dak is most likely extended because we still need to get Lamb, Steele, Biadasz, and Parsons contracts done. There will be some guarantees although a plan has to be in place to replace him in 3 years.
Dallas does not take an immediate $62M cap hit. Look at Over the Cap and you will see a post-June 1st release would mean a $34M in savings for Dallas in 2024.

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak doesn't have to sign any deal he doesn't like. He's got them over the barrel for the next two seasons unless they want to just throw money away.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no such thing as a deal with an established starting QB - or starters at other positions - that doesn't include some amount of guaranteed money. There is no deal without some commitment on both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.