A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My opinion changed. Nothing strange about it. I’m not married to my opinion. I call it how I see it.

If anyone thinks Dak has played his normal brand of football this year then be my guest and believe it.
Dak has played his brand of football, dak has improved every year. dak was good prior to this year. if you failed to see that, then its a "you" problem, not a Dak problem. trying to create a different version of Dak, when its been Dak all along....that's a losing argument..

you lost this argument at hello

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Thats how i read it also...could be wrong though but Catch does have history when it comes to Dak.
Catch has also said Dak is playing top level football this season. He hasn't been a hater this season.

At some point guys need to let it go when they finally change their opinion on a player like Dak. Otherwise, if you keep attacking a guy for finally getting it right it will be harder for others to do the same

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak has played his brand of football, dak has improved every year. dak was good prior to this year. if you failed to see that, then its a "you" problem, not a Dak problem. trying to create a different version of Dak, when its been Dak all along....that's a losing argument..

you lost this argument at hello

Again. I never said Dak wasn’t good. I always said he is a good solid QB.

This year he is more than just good solid. He’s playing as good as anyone in football at his position. That’s a lot different than the past.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.
you know I read this post a second time and it sounds even more stupid than the first time. how much did you have to drink before you came up with this drivel?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not sure i agree with that. Our defense is still this teams weakness we have however managed to offset its issues by taking the ball away. teams are still passing on us at will our rush defense isn't bad though but when i watch the games it concerns me some. That said i do think we are going to continue to progress in a positive manner

I’ll just never agree with anyone that views this defense as a weakness.

If it was 1995 then yeah sure but in 2021 we might as well be Doomsday.

pansophy

Reaction score
Rams aren’t in our league, especially on offense.

Stafford is good, but he’s nowhere near the player the media and everyone else portrays him to be. I mean, the guy had Calvin Johnson and still took L after L, season after season.
By that logic, Dak hasn't been very good either the last few years, which we know isn't true.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again. I never said Dak wasn’t good. I always said he is a good solid QB.

This year he is more than just good solid. He’s playing as good as anyone in football at his position. That’s a lot different than the past.
actually your past comments were Dak is over rated and you were happy Dalton took over and were celebrating a new offense being born...we saw what happened.

this is Dak. there is no different version of Dak. its Dak improving each year and he has been a good QB, getting better and not approaching elite status.

I am sure you will be here the next game we lose blaming Dak. or if we win and he throws for 250 yards, saying he is over rated or something to that effect.

your buddy Khiladi and you are cut from the same cloth.

now, you want to tell us you changed!!! yet you wrote a post that tried nothing but point finger at Dak and setting things up to blame him if we don't win the superbowl...

seriously dude.....get a life

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
actually your past comments were Dak is over rated and you were happy Dalton took over and were celebrating a new offense being born...we saw what happened.

this is Dak. there is no different version of Dak. its Dak improving each year and he has been a good QB, getting better and not approaching elite status.

I am sure you will be here the next game we lose blaming Dak. or if we win and he throws for 250 yards, saying he is over rated or something to that effect.

your buddy Khiladi and you are cut from the same cloth.

now, you want to tell us you changed!!! yet you wrote a post that tried nothing but point finger at Dak and setting things up to blame him if we don't win the superbowl...

seriously dude.....get a life

You’re writing a whiney post like that and you’re telling me to get a life? Lmao

I bet you had tears in your eyes while typing that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there is plenty of truth in everything you are saying. But this isn’t the right approach. Give the guy credit for admitting fault. Even if you don’t like the way he’s going about it. At least he’s willing to come to the right conclusion. Many people aren’t as willing. I give him credit for this thread.

Is he? All I'm reading are bull**** qualifiers where he somehow tries to paint himself to being right.

That's the opposite of what you're saying.

If he simply came out and said 'I was wrong' - with no added nonsense or qualifiers - that would be fine. That's not what's happening here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’re writing a whiney post like that and you’re telling me to get a life? Lmao

I bet you had tears in your eyes while typing that.
I wanted to take this seriously. and then I read the post again and like I said it was more stupid the second time around.....I thought I could take you seriously...but its hard

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
our pass defense is ranked 29th...is that a weakness or not?

Nope. Yards mean nothing.

It’s impossible to see every part of the game that’s relevant and what isn’t and when those yards came. Context is needed.

Maybe opposing offenses should focus on points because all those yards have got us to 5-1.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But will he set up this same logic with Stafford, Rodgers, Josh Allen, Mahomes (Without a good defense), etc.... so making it so that they and only they can take the blame and fault if their teams fail to make to or win the Super Bowl? Or this just something where he is setting it up for only Dak to be held responsible, while the other QBs will be allowed to have their coaches, other players and team mates take or share responsibility and blame, if their teams don't win it all?
Like Ronnie correctly added earlier. This is about trolling Cowboy fans about Dak. It’s really all these type of fans talk about.

Notice they aren’t trolling other aspects of Cowboys football.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
our defense is a strength? really. our pass defense is a strength...really...being 29th in the league is being strength? if you count from bottom up perhaps
Well, at least a few players on defense are a strength...That's all you need...just a few players...Yup.

pansophy

Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.
The numbers don't really support your point. While our defense is better than last year, it was historically bad last year and could only improve. The defense is giving up a red zone TD 70% of the time and is ranked 23rd in the league, and 20th in points allowed per game. It's debatable whether that is good enough to win it all, and frankly, without Diggs' turnovers are we really sitting here at 5-1? If we keep getting those turnovers then maybe the defense is good enough, but can we really count on getting turnovers every week?

Dak is more than good enough to win. Playing incredibly well. I'd love to see the Red zone offense improve a bit more, we were ranked in the 20's a few weeks ago but now are tied for 9th. Hard to be too critical when we are 1st in scoring offense.

Point is when I say I'm worried about the defense and whether it is good enough for us to win the super bowl, it isn't code for "Dak isn't good enough". I'm actually worried about the defense, the chunk plays we continue to give up, and our red-zone defense. We need to start forcing more FGs because right now it seems more like turnover or TD when teams get into the red zone.