A Little What If

visionary

Reaction score
Lets say the Cowboys make the NFC championship game or SB or win SB after that JG is a free agent. I kinda wonder if maybe he says enough of this bs with Jerry and Stephen I want my own team and takes a deal with another team. I could see Washington being open next year wonder how my Snyder would pay to steal Jerry’s boy. Just something I thought about Jerry might want to keep JG but JG might see greener pasture.

Let me put your mind at rest

We’re not winning a SB with jellyfish Garrett

Now you can start worrying about something that matters like: how fast does grass grow

Flamma

Reaction score
Sean Payton had 3 7-9 seasons with Drew Brees.

I'm willing to concede. I am mostly Cowboys centered and often ignore other similar situations because I simply don't care about them.

JBS

Reaction score
Hahaha is this a joke or what?

Garrett tired of this BS? What BS? Are you joking me? This team has treated this guy like a legend and he has never delivered anything to this team..he should be thanking his lucky stars he works for the Jones family bc nobody else would keep him around this long..the premise of this thread is embarrassing

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
What if all this happens and Kellen Moore is somehow the young dynamic play caller who sparked the dominant season? Some team will be after him. Do you keep JG and let Moore go? Let JG go and promote Moore? What ifs are fun.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Lets say the Cowboys make the NFC championship game or SB or win SB after that JG is a free agent. I kinda wonder if maybe he says enough of this bs with Jerry and Stephen I want my own team and takes a deal with another team. I could see Washington being open next year wonder how my Snyder would pay to steal Jerry’s boy. Just something I thought about Jerry might want to keep JG but JG might see greener pasture.
There is no way Jason Garrett walks away from Millions of Dollars and Daddy's love to make Garrett his Tom Landry.

cern

Reaction score
Jg will latch on to the cowboys cash cow like an Alabama tick on a dog's ear on a summer day. No way he leaves of his own volition.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sean Payton had 3 7-9 seasons with Drew Brees.
no way/////................................SEan Payton is GREAT!!! He is a SB winning coach. If only we had him in Dallas, we could have won a couple of SB titles already.......smh

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Hahaha is this a joke or what?

Garrett tired of this BS? What BS? Are you joking me? This team has treated this guy like a legend and he has never delivered anything to this team..he should be thanking his lucky stars he works for the Jones family bc nobody else would keep him around this long..the premise of this thread is embarrassing

Its a joke... I mean, only if we played hardcore with our coaches like The Cards, or the Raiders, or the Bucs, or the Browns or............... if only we didnt tolerate those ****** coaches and replaced them like those guys. Wed be so much better for it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In any of those scenarios Jerry extends Garrett. And Garrett takes it.

There’s been an understanding and bigger plan for Garrett all along. And why Jason has been suking up like a guy who knows he’s safe and going to inherit the ranch which in this case is VP or GM when Jerry croaks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ultimately, Jerry doesn’t want a HC who could come in and have immediate success taking credit away from him and why Garrett is perfect for his agendas to prove he can build a championship contender and win without a HC like Jimmy.

Jerry tried winning back to back championships but didn’t like it not receiving the credit he was pursuing. We can’t have a HC with a bigger EGO than our owner and GM. And why we’ve had Puppets ever since except for a brief period needing support for a new stadium after 3 straight 5-11 seasons.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In any of those scenarios Jerry extends Garrett. And Garrett takes it.

There’s been an understanding and bigger plan for Garrett all along. And why Jason has been suking up like a guy who knows he’s safe and going to inherit the ranch which in this case is VP or GM when Jerry croaks.

Yes, bigger plan. Time to promote him to the front office, and get him the heck out of the way. Win-win. Jerry saves face and Garret keeps cashing checks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, bigger plan. Time to promote him to the front office, and get him the heck out of the way. Win-win. Jerry saves face and Garret keeps cashing checks.
Unfortunately I don’t think Jerry’s ready to give it up just yet. Especially when he thinks he’s so close to finally winning one without a proven HC so he can receive the credit he didn’t with 90’s team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In reality, he's been at this for so long, it will fall into the blind squirrel finding a nut category.
Ironically some believe he’s not as involved making all the decisions anyway so he might not receive all the credit he’s been pursuing.

I’m not sure if he’d finally pass the Baton if we win another one but I’d like our chances better. My hunch is we won’t win another one as long as he’s GM and Garrett’s HC.

cern

Reaction score
What has Garrett ever done that would qualify him for a front office position. Ours is most ably run by will mcclay and stephen.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The talent makes the coach a winner just as much as the other way around. If the talent for the Cowboys gets any better than it is now, potential coaches will be beating the doors down to get an opportunity to coach them. It works both ways as far as coaching and team talent is concerned when it comes to winning and how far it could progress. So far, for the last 20 years, imho, the Cowboys have had neither the best talent nor the best coaching to get them to the Super Bowl. I'm hoping that situation changes sometime during the limited years left in my life. In other words, quit screwing around, Cowboys! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Interesting thought.

There’s no better coaching gig than coach of America’s Team as a Super Bowl champion. And he loves the Jones family as much as they love him. There are no greener pastures for Red.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
In reality, he's been at this for so long, it will fall into the blind squirrel finding a nut category.
and thats what jerry haters will say... well after so long eventually you are going to win a SB. Well I can say that about all those "Great," coaches out there right now that have a whopping 1 sb win. Jerry has done a great job assembling talent. If we win, it will not have been a blind squirrel scenario..