A Little What If

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Washington could go ahead and take Garrett now, so us Cowboy fans don't suffer with Jerry winning his 4th Superbowl.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What has Garrett ever done that would qualify him for a front office position. Ours is most ably run by will mcclay and stephen.

Takes orders and be a yes man, and does whatever he is told. The perfect employee. I would jump for joy if Garrett got a job in the executive arena. Anything but away from football and the game day situations.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jerry built that team that won those super bowls? :facepalm:

You apparently know very little about how the cowboys operated under Jimmy Johnson. Any fool who calls himself a fan of the team should know that Jimmy had control over player personnel. It was written into his contract and the break up happened when Jerry tried to pry personal away from him. Jimmy built those teams.
Crediting Jerry with building those teams is either ignorance or just plain lying. The past 23 years have been the worst stretch in Dallas Cowboys history , and the only common denominator is Jerry Jones.
Did I say Jerry built the team? Still living in the glory years of the 70s when the rule sof the game were so ridiculously different, that comparing then to today shows real ignorance of the game we have today. There is a reason there is no packers of the 60s, Steelers and Cowboys of the 70s, Niners of the 80s, and Cowboys of the 90s today. Yep, we have 1 outlier due to a great QB... other than that, teams bounce up and down. SB one year, crap the next. Crap one year, SB the next. I guess it is due to the great geniuses they have running those teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did I say Jerry built the team? Still living in the glory years of the 70s when the rule sof the game were so ridiculously different, that comparing then to today shows real ignorance of the game we have today. There is a reason there is no packers of the 60s, Steelers and Cowboys of the 70s, Niners of the 80s, and Cowboys of the 90s today. Yep, we have 1 outlier due to a great QB... other than that, teams bounce up and down. SB one year, crap the next. Crap one year, SB the next. I guess it is due to the great geniuses they have running those teams.
Actually we’ve had several Elite QB’s who have driven more consistent SB contenders in Cap era with the exception of a few Generational defenses.

These Elite QB’s may have only 1 or 2 SB wins but they have been to multiple SB’s and or Championship appearances.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Actually we’ve had several Elite QB’s who have driven more consistent SB contenders in Cap era with the exception of a few Generational defenses.
These Elite QB’s may have only 1 or 2 SB wins but they have been to multiple SB’s and or Championship appearances.
Uh oh... better watch out... you are sounding like me in disguise. SEVERAL ELITE QBS that keep there teams in contention....ahhhhhhhhh
so what your saying is if you have that great qb, you are likely to be in the upper echelon of teams with a legit shot at a title? Hmmmmmm, Ive heard that a time or two..lol
Its nice jabbin you in good fun when I get the chance:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have said that is this team does not play well and challenge for a SB then Garrett should be fired why then would I want to see him leave should this team make it to the SB? I have no man crush on Garrett nor do I hate the man. If Dallas achieve a championship then it would also mean his regular season record would be very good and his post season record would also be above 500.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha is this a joke or what?

Garrett tired of this BS? What BS? Are you joking me? This team has treated this guy like a legend and he has never delivered anything to this team..he should be thanking his lucky stars he works for the Jones family bc nobody else would keep him around this long..the premise of this thread is embarrassing
Lol, that's what I was going to say.

A Super Bowl changes things, of course, but I'm not sure he'd even get a college HC gig, let alone another one in the NFL, if Dalllas didn't win it.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Lol, that's what I was going to say.

A Super Bowl changes things, of course, but I'm not sure he'd even get a college HC gig, let alone another one in the NFL, if Dalllas didn't win it.
I could see him coaching at Princeton. He's royalty over there.

Other than that, I think he'd be a quality QB coach in the NFL.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

None of that is an excuse or even a partial explanation for ZERO super bowl appearences in 23 seasons. So, lets lower the bar. I'll take one super bowl and then a down year over decades of mediocrity.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
With insane happiness?

Legitimately though, if Garrett even gets to a Super Bowl, Jones signs him to a lifetime contract during the bye week before the game.
unfortunately, this is the likelier scenario.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lets say the Cowboys make the NFC championship game or SB or win SB after that JG is a free agent. I kinda wonder if maybe he says enough of this bs with Jerry and Stephen I want my own team and takes a deal with another team. I could see Washington being open next year wonder how my Snyder would pay to steal Jerry’s boy. Just something I thought about Jerry might want to keep JG but JG might see greener pasture.
This would be the dream scenario. Someone thinking they are getting one over on us while only making for a better tomorrow. Sweet dreams indeed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe it is a common misconception that Garrett would not get other HC offers, if he was available. Don't know if it's 5 as Booger stated but he would get a couple.

The perception is, from some here, that he's been under coaching the talent and that is the reason they do not have a ring. That he's a bungler on the sideline and will undermine any of his team's attempts to win. They'll never win the big one because of him.

Tell me what these HC's have in common: Gary Kubiak, John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, Pete Carroll, Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Brian Billick, Dick Vermeil, Mike Ditka, Barry Switzer and Doug Pederson. The each won 1 SB and they did it with talent and 3 of them with 3 of the best NFL D's in history and none of the 3 were from the D side.

It is asinine to say they can't win with Garrett, if they execute the plays properly. Was it Garrett's fault that the D couldn't stop a back up RB in LA? On one hand he gets credit for his team laying it all out for him and on the other will never win it all? Do you know how ignorant that sounds?

He's not my first choice as HC but to say they can't win it all is ludicrous. And to say he wouldn't get another HC gig is to ignore the Norv Turner's and John Fox's of the NFL. Garrett has a better record than either of them and what you might not have been noticing is that he knows how to network. It was Garrett that gave the speech regarding reviewing the PI calls and the affect on the integrity of the game that got the owners to their feet. As a person representing a franchise, he gets as high marks as any HC in the league and higher than most.

Do you think every owner will ignore where he coaches and who he works for and the fact he's led his team to divisions titles 3 of the last 5 seasons and the last one from a 3-5 hole and the second one of those was with a 3rd string QB that they only had a few weeks to prepare? Think every GM and owner didn't see that Linehan situation go down, the perception is he's been forced to have a rookie OC because the owner wants it. Think Booger being the braggard and showoff that he is hasn't thrown that around at owners' meetings. He is perceived as being the most hands on owner in the NFL and not just in the GM arena.

Take a look around at teams like NYJ, NYG, WAS, ATL, CAR, TB, TEN, DEN, MIA, JAX that could all be looking at coaching changes and if you think that some wouldn't accelerate their guy on the 3:10 to Yuma because Garrett is available, you haven't been paying attention.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I feel very comfortable I’ll be on the right side of history with Coach Garrett. And it’s probably the 2nd or 3rd best decision Jerry has made in his era.

Only bad news for Jerry is if they reach their goals Garrett might end up getting more credit but Jerry should get credit for standing by him even if it’s not always for the right reasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m one of Jerry’s biggest critics but I applauded him early in his era with Jimmy and again for Bill. And if Garrett turns out to be the best Puppet for our dysfunctional situation under Jerry then Jerry should be applauded for it despite whatever his ambitions and intentions were.

I’ve maintained for years that Garrett while not our ideal HC is probably about as good of Puppet as we could have hoped for and I still feel that way.

It’s beginning to look like he’s much more than that. I’ve received much criticism for my support of him over the years and Never wavered. It’s comforting to see others see and feel as I have . I think there’s probably many more out there but have shied away because of the very vocal minority who continue to bash him and others who’ve supported him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Uh oh... better watch out... you are sounding like me in disguise. SEVERAL ELITE QBS that keep there teams in contention....ahhhhhhhhh
so what your saying is if you have that great qb, you are likely to be in the upper echelon of teams with a legit shot at a title? Hmmmmmm, Ive heard that a time or two..lol
Its nice jabbin you in good fun when I get the chance:)
Yea , I just never believed Romo was one of those guys. Yes, he elevated those around him and we can win with him but not HOF ability. He made us playoff contenders but with the team around him not serious SB contenders which wasn’t all his fault.

And why I’m so doubtful Dak is enough to elevate us. Not having that HOF caliber QB makes a difference IMO. If not you need something else to elevate you.

Big_D

Reaction score
Hahaha is this a joke or what?

Garrett tired of this BS? What BS? Are you joking me? This team has treated this guy like a legend and he has never delivered anything to this team..he should be thanking his lucky stars he works for the Jones family bc nobody else would keep him around this long..the premise of this thread is embarrassing

Another 12 years and good things will happen. lol The next Vince Lombardi.. Give it time.

Big_D

Reaction score
no way/////................................SEan Payton is GREAT!!! He is a SB winning coach. If only we had him in Dallas, we could have won a couple of SB titles already.......smh

LOL they already had Drew Brees which throws your entire crap premise out the window. Like 3 trips to the championship round and a Super Bowl win isn't any better than the crap coach here today. Your argument is truly embarrassing, time to find a new sport. I guess all we need is Drew Brees now. A QB who lost one wild card game in 5 years before heading to New Orleans. He didn't need a coach either.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
LOL they already had Drew Brees which throws your entire crap premise out the window. Like 3 trips to the championship round and a Super Bowl win isn't any better than the crap coach here today. Your argument is truly embarrassing, time to find a new sport. I guess all we need is Drew Brees now. A QB who lost one wild card game in 5 years before heading to New Orleans. He didn't need a coach either.

And Peyton manning was exactly .500 after his first 4 seasons.
And Michael Jordan won jack I believe in his first 6 seasons..... HOF QBs dont normally show up to a playoff team in year 1, and they arent playoff QBs in year 1. So yeah, my arhgument is plenty good about HOF qbs putting you pretty much in contention in most years.
Payton had 3 straight 7-9 seasons with one of the greatest QBs to ever play. How is that possible.. I mean he is such a great coach.

Big_D

Reaction score
And Peyton manning was exactly .500 after his first 4 seasons.
And Michael Jordan won jack I believe in his first 6 seasons..... HOF QBs dont normally show up to a playoff team in year 1, and they arent playoff QBs in year 1. So yeah, my arhgument is plenty good about HOF qbs putting you pretty much in contention in most years.
Payton had 3 straight 7-9 seasons with one of the greatest QBs to ever play. How is that possible.. I mean he is such a great coach.

Sean Payton had 6 playoff wins with a championship before those 3 7-9 seasons. Your argument gets lost when HOF QBs don't start out that way or don't need coaching or surrounding talent to actually get there. Like Michael Jordan and Payton Manning, the pieces had to come together first. They were great players, but not the only reason they won.

Hadenough

Reaction score
We will never have to worry about Garrett winning a SB as head coach. He just doesnt have it in him. He over thinks too much and is stubborn in his not wanting to game plan for opponents.