A more detailed article on Kelly

superpunk

Reaction score
Dallas;2031032 said:
Odd. I don't see myself jumping all over Slaton there. I said he should have stayed? Was I wrong for saying he should of stayed? That was me jumping all over him?

What are you trying to spin here Punk? You might should stick to your normal mundane humor posts next time? Just sayin.

I figured you'd have some sort of difference in your criticism of Slaton and theogt's criticism of Kelly.

How good it must be to know everything about these kids and what they should do and where they should go and what to eat and how to run and how to prepare

If you think they're nothing alike, that's all that matters, hon.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Dallas;2031035 said:
I am not spinning anything. I said MK blew it. I still say he goes 1st round. If you are so certain he blew his draft stock. Please PM me. My money and my mouth await. :D

I see this logic...No one can have an opinion on here then, particularly if it comes to being critical of a player from someone's preferred college football program...And, of course, nothing brings a discussion full circle quite like money...Because money makes it right and money somehow is a great reasoning tool in a discussion...Nevermind that theogt's and others points were all well made and documented...Did he bring the wrong shoes?...Yes...Did he run a poor time?...Yes...Did he miss several opportunities to put to rest his speed issue?...Yes...Did he boil over and hurt his image even more?...Yes....Do these issues factor into a prospect's draft position?...Yes

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FCBarca;2031031 said:
Sounds like Okie bias has clouded what is otherwise pretty crystal clear to see...MK has messed up big time, over and over...If this is a discussion about him and his draft chances etc., can't be viewed any other way...This is their audition for their big job...It'd be no different than someone auditioning for their big shot at some Financial firm or an interview for Medical School etc...You drop the ball there, you've blown it...Let's not take a p*ss and tell everyone it's raining.

Moreover, if he can't run good times over and over again, then he's slow...If he missed many opportunities to show he isn't as slow as he's been timed or that he was 'injured' and was slowed by that, then finally does run and STILL shows he doesn't have speed...What else can you draw from it?

Don't let Okie bias enter into it...It is what it is, it's not personal.

Maybe he'll end up being a good receiver but there's no denying he's blown his draft 'stock'...There's no spinning that

On the nosey.

Somebody's doing so much spinning, they must be getting dizzy.

And they can cry and moan all they want about it.

Their hero blew it and screwed up his draft status.

He did.

Nobody else.

And people are free to criitcize his poor choices as much as they want to.

The biggest job interview he'll ever have and Malcom Kelly blows it.

He deserves to get criticized.

rags747

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that the kid screwed up and the coach screwed up as well. The kid laid it out where he wanted to run, he gets there and its totally different from what he had planned. With all the pressure for a good 40 time the kid does'nt need mind games to be played at the last minute.

Try getting all dressed up for an interview at lets say the Corp. Headquarters and at the last minute they decide to hold the interview in the boiler room. It jiust may throw you off somewhat.

These QB's totally script every friggin throw and work out exactly how they decide best to showcase their talents. Why should Kelly be an different.

I have no skin in this game by the way.

ndanger

Reaction score
Dallas;2031023 said:
With no knowledge of his upbringing as you say, you still post this?

How strange. You basically say you havent a clue about his upbringing but refer to his parents a being a problem.

Strange.

I know MK didnt look good yesterday but what gals me is that some of you gtake it so personal. You dont even know the kid or what he's going through.

You sit on the interweb and post on a blasted forum for crying out loud. I wish I could be in MK's position and not here defending him against all of these personal attacks about him.

Yes I am a die hard Sooner fan, but I am also a person first. Is this par the course how we should treat everyone?

It appears so.

Dude. what's your problem? I said I had no knowledge and also said it's my opinion. It's simple logic with me. I can tell you this, if I were HANDED a FREE education at a premier college such as O.U. and had made the comments that were made, my Dad would be upset to say the least.It's not just a shame that he blamed the University for his lack of speed, it's more of a shame that all that FREE education was apparently worthless, judging his lack of proper grammar. I'll give you that I should probably have not commented about his parents and put more on the shoulders of himself and the university.I just know that the parents of today, for the most part , are getting too much of free pass for the way their kids carry themselves.
I am a die hard Sooner fan myself.I am not so blinded by Sooner colors that I refuse to call it like I see it.
The kid was out of line. Showed no respect for the free education he received.If a person is gifted with speed it will show up running in a peanut field.His other football related attributes were enough to get him paid.His lack of respect and his inability to handle a less than perfect situation should cost him money. Again, that's my opinion.

Oh about that sittin' on the web thing, pot meet kettle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys have to remember he isn't even a professional and your expecting him to act like one.

Hes never even worked with a public relations person in the NFL and from everything I heard hes a pretty good guy.

I kinda like to see the kid has a pulse because I never heard 1 word from the guy the entire time he was at Oklahoma.

The media asked him the questions and he answered and it gets turned into him whining.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But hes a 21 year old that thinks he just lost millions because he was mistold something.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2031183 said:
You guys have to remember he isn't even a professional and your expecting him to act like one.

Hes never even worked with a public relations person in the NFL and from everything I heard hes a pretty good guy.

I kinda like to see the kid has a pulse because I never heard 1 word from the guy the entire time he was at Oklahoma.

The media asked him the questions and he answered and it gets turned into him whining.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But hes a 21 year old that thinks he just lost millions because he was mistold something.
He didn't lose squat. It was never his.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2031183 said:

I don't see it that way.

I see where he cost himself.

On the bright side, if he's as good as you guys think, he'll earn it all back in his second NFL contract.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
stasheroo;2031197 said:
I don't see it that way.

I see where he cost himself.

On the bright side, if he's as good as you guys think, he'll earn it all back in his second NFL contract.

Im not even sure he still wont be the 1st guy taken.

He is just a better receiver than all these guys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
superpunk;2031209 said:
I make a motion to keep OU fans out of Malcolm Kelly threads.

I hope your not reffering to me because I hate OU more than anyone on this planet.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2031202 said:
Im not even sure he still wont be the 1st guy taken.

He is just a better receiver than all these guys.

We'll have to wait a few weeks to see if you're right.

Personally, I'll take Sweed.

But that's me.

FCBarca

Reaction score
superpunk;2031209 said:

No kidding...The sensitivity levels are bordering on mental :cool:

ndanger

Reaction score
superpunk;2031209 said:

I could have sworn I called him out.He embarrassed me as a Sooner fan.

So you gonna make a motion for Longhorn fans in Jamaal Charles threads? J/K

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Galloway is talking about this now. He says he talked to a pro scout who was at the workout, and he said he didn't hold the tantrum against Kelly at all. He said Kelly was a really good kid who just had a bad moment, and he understands the disappointment of the guy.

So Galloway asks, would you draft him around the bottom of the first round, then? And the scout says, "Are you ******* kidding me? I said I wouldn't hold the attitude against him. He'll be lucky to go in the 3rd round now."

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2031268 said:
Galloway is talking about this now. He says he talked to a pro scout who was at the workout, and he said he didn't hold the tantrum against Kelly at all. He said Kelly was a really good kid who just had a bad moment, and he understands the disappointment of the guy.

So Galloway asks, would you draft him around the bottom of the first round, then? And the scout says, "Are you ******* kidding me? I said I wouldn't hold the attitude against him. He'll be lucky to go in the 3rd round now."

:laugh2:

KC10Sooner

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2030513 said:
I think he should complain more, it will make it better. This guy deserves this. Serves him right for not playing for UT. After reading this it actually puts me against drafting this kid.

Give me a freakin break....

I didn't realize that every kid in the state of Texas is required to go to UT.

What an idiotic comment.

The kid needs to get his head on straight and quit "venting" in public before the draft, but he doesn't "deserve" this because he wasn't a Bonghorn

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
"Schmidt said scouts will add .1 to .15 seconds to a 40 time, depending on the team, if they perceive a track to be too fast.''

I don't like Kelly in the first round, and never had, but Schmidt is ridiculously off if he thinks that scouts add an entire tenth to a tenth and a half to a 40 time.
Kelly was wrong for acting like a petulant child in front of NFL personnel people. However, the strength coach put this player in a bad position because it leaves room for doubt. This is not to say that Kelly would have ran faster on a different surface, but the combine's surface in Indy is considered "fast" by many standards.