A Quick Review of Stephen Jones Stupid Quotes over the years

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I see post like this are you saying he is a greater football guy or team builder than Jimmy and Tom?
No, I'm saying that Jimmy was better than Landry.

Jimmy Is Michael Jordan. Landry is Pippen.

Jerry hired Jimmy and fired Landry. Greatest decision in sports history.

@Bobhaze
@Bohbaze
@Bobhaze

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Free Agency has become a necessary part of the process. They seem very prepared to overpay their own players, but will refuse to overpay other players around the league? Specially considering some of the I’ll advised contracts they hand out? Stephen’s philosophy makes no sense at all.

Across the league, players get over paid in free agency. He is correct in that.
Does that mean he should only bottom of the barrel bargain bin shop? No.
Does he overpay for homegrown players? Often times yes. Sometimes inexplicably bad contracts. But you at least have history with the person. If the person gets the contract & then coasts, majority of the blame has to go to the player.

All I'm saying is that overall his sentiment about overpaying for FA's is correct in my opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, I'm saying that Jimmy was better than Landry.

Jimmy Is Michael Jordan. Landry is Pippen.

Jerry hired Jimmy and fired Landry. Greatest decision in sports history.

@Bobhaze
@Bohbaze
@Bobhaze
In a 5 year span not many in NFL history were better than Jimmy. But the full body of work and impact to the Cowboys not to mention his innovation to the league would go to Landry.

We could argue there wouldn’t be an iconic brand like the Cowboys Jethro would have been interested in buying without Landry.

Big_D

Reaction score
Across the league, players get over paid in free agency. He is correct in that.
Does that mean he should only bottom of the barrel bargain bin shop? No.
Does he overpay for homegrown players? Often times yes. Sometimes inexplicably bad contracts. But you at least have history with the person. If the person gets the contract & then coasts, majority of the blame has to go to the player.

All I'm saying is that overall his sentiment about overpaying for FA's is correct in my opinion.

Everyone in the NFL is overpaid. This insinuates that 31 other teams can’t possibly have an upgrade over your current situation. His resume and results on this philosophy speak for themselves..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This insinuates that 31 other teams can’t possibly have an upgrade over your current situation.

I would say it more accurately indicates that the production \ pay combination of most free agents is not what they consider to be good value.

Again, I think they have missed the boat on some players who I considered to be reasonable value signings. Heck, some that proved to be downright bargains. But they have also avoided some bad mistakes. Which is what drives their thought process IMO.

For me it comes down to the player evaluation more than the ideology. If you get the evaluation right, should be pretty easy to slot the $ value.

raven55

Reaction score
lil jerry is all of the above and then some he's like a politican that's done nothing and feels like he has done everything

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Jerry was the owner and general manager. He gets the credit. He hired Jimmy. Fans need to act like Jimmy brought the Cowboys back on his own. Jerry and Jimmy did it together.
They might have done it together, but Jerry on his own has done squat!
Until that changes expect more of what we’ve had for the last 26 years.