A Quick Review of Stephen Jones Stupid Quotes over the years

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look forward to you expressing your opinions on the Cowboys.
The Cowboys are my team....Jerry has put some good talent on the field, his weakness is that he doesn't hire coaches and let's them coach....I didn't like Garrett on a personal level, but he was a good coach, JJ handcuffed MM with keeping Moore......that's my biggest concern with him.....I like JJ on a personal level, but as an owner, he needs to take a step back and let his coaches, coach

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys are my team....Jerry has put some good talent on the field, his weakness is that he doesn't hire coaches and let's them coach....I didn't like Garrett on a personal level, but he was a good coach, JJ handcuffed MM with keeping Moore......that's my biggest concern with him.....I like JJ on a personal level, but as an owner, he needs to take a step back and let his coaches, coach
I think that’s the first critical thoughts towards the Cowboys I’ve seen from you. Well done.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. The ignore function on here is pure gold. I started blocking anyone who personally attacks me , and I've discovered I enjoy the board a lot more now. I'm fine with disagreeing , but when they start name calling, its discussion over and goodbye.

Me and KSK disagree on stuff, but it never gets personal. Its just a football opinion.
I never have used the Ignore feature as they might say something nasty about me and I might just agree and want to Like it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that’s the first critical thoughts towards the Cowboys I’ve seen from you. Well done.
I have many more, but like I said before..I've been attacked and, unfortunately, I have become one of them.....I'll try to do better...I really don't mean to be negative, just a defense mechanism....Salud, my friend...you have my respect.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I agree that he's made some odd comments in the last decade or so.

But some of you act like every GM has only made accurate statements their whole career.

Stephen, a college football player and brainiac chemical engineer tops 90% of the people in this forum in both football experience AND IQ.

But that's what social media and forums are for half the time--to make people think they are smarter than they are without having to really prove it.

Go for it

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reality is the Cowboys have won 3 Super Bowls with the Joneses in charge.

You're either clueless or 20 years old.

Neither Jerry or Stephen filled the role then that they do now. Only after Jimmy left was the personnel department hijacked.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And when Jerry didn't have Jimmy, what happened?

So when people say Jerry built three SB champions to defend his run as GM, that's disingenuous. He's built ZERO SB winners by himself. Shoot, he hasn't even built a team that made a conference title game in 25 years.
Whatever the excuses are for both, the fact remains
Jerry won a title without Jimmy...in fact 2 years removed from Jimmy
Jimmy did not win an NFL title without Jerry

And yes, I do realize Jimmy was the main (not only, but main) personnel guy when in Dallas.

fwiw, Jerry did bring in Deion Sanders, Larry Allen, Jay Novachek, and others without Jimmy

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Neither Jerry or Stephen filled the role then that they do now. Only after Jimmy left was the personnel department hijacked.
Jerry hired Jimmy and Jimmy quit on us....YOU are the one that is clueless!

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I am just telling you how the world works. The Cowboys came back to glory because Jerry bought the team. He hired Jimmy. The coach who did nothing for the Dolphins. They did it together but the money man gets the credit. That’s America. Now Jerrah is a billionaire owner of the number 1 franchise of all of sports. Jimmy was here for 4 years of that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And when Jerry didn't have Jimmy, what happened?

So when people say Jerry built three SB champions to defend his run as GM, that's disingenuous. He's built ZERO SB winners by himself. Shoot, he hasn't even built a team that made a conference title game in 25 years.

Jimmy had personnel control written into his contract. Jerry was the GM in name only. He had zero input into building that dynasty and even if you didn't believe that, at some point over these last 26 years you should have figured it out.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just telling you how the world works. The Cowboys came back to glory because Jerry bought the team. He hired Jimmy. The coach who did nothing for the Dolphins. They did it together but the money man gets the credit. That’s America. Now Jerrah is a billionaire owner of the number 1 franchise of all of sports. Jimmy was here for 4 years of that.

Yeah, he must be 20.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not having success is one thing. That happens.

But then getting in front of the media with a grin and an attitude like 'of course this is the way to do it' as if it's some proven formula.....is a bit much to take.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8f4.gif

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Stephen is suppose to be the voice of reason. So why does he say such outlandish things? Well when you dealing with the ego maniac who ran off Jimmy, stupid just rubs off on you.

Big_D

Reaction score
Whatever the excuses are for both, the fact remains
Jerry won a title without Jimmy...in fact 2 years removed from Jimmy
Jimmy did not win an NFL title without Jerry

And yes, I do realize Jimmy was the main (not only, but main) personnel guy when in Dallas.

fwiw, Jerry did bring in Deion Sanders, Larry Allen, Jay Novachek, and others without Jimmy

because without that free agent splash Jerry couldn’t win. If you can’t beat’em, join’em! Welcome aboard Deion. Jersey sales will be through the roof.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I’m exorcising, I’ve got to live long if I’m going to see another Cowboys Super Bowl. Gawd help us.

Exorcising? Are you working with the Catholic church to remove the demons from the Cowboys front office or working out to improve your health?

Flamma

Reaction score
One of the dumbest things Stephen ever said was a few years ago after he was told about Troy Aikman’s criticism of the offense, he said anyone can play armchair QB. I guess he forgot Aikman was a Hall of Fame QB. Lol

That is absolutely classic!!!