A Quick Review of Stephen Jones Stupid Quotes over the years

Sydla

Reaction score
We have found puppets for coaches under this dysfunctional ownership. Shouldn’t be too difficult to find gophers for GM’s.

But that kind of refutes your point then. Any person who would come here to be a gopher isn't a legitimate GM. So in reality, even if he hired some guy and called him GM, the power structure would be the same. Stephen would be calling the shots like he and his dad do now.

Just hiring a guy and calling him a GM doesn't solve the problem if the GM actually isn't given real control and power like most other GMs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But that kind of refutes your point then. Any person who would come here to be a gopher isn't a legitimate GM. So in reality, even if he hired some guy and called him GM, the power structure would be the same. Stephen would be calling the shots like he and his dad do now.

Just hiring a guy and calling him a GM doesn't solve the problem if the GM actually isn't given real control and power like most other GMs.
I never said legitimate GM. That’s an adjective you added.

It could be no different than our coaching situation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
@Sydla

Let’s assume Cheapskate Son assumes identical role as Jethro who was directly unaccountable to anyone else.

Now assuming the three kids inherit equal ownership , what happens if the team and franchise is struggling ,will the other two siblings hold him more directly accountable ? Have you even considered these scenarios ?? Or are you assuming Jethro is going to leave controlling interest to him instead of his other children.

I’m not sure you’ve thought all of this through. And why it’s more likely with equal ownership he’s going to take a different role at least on the face than his daddy. That doesn’t mean he can’t still run day to day operations as Pres. But he’ll have gophers and puppets he can hold more directly accountable publicly and fire them .

He won’t place himself in position where his two siblings could join forces and fire him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have tolerated the Joneses for 30 years. They get richer and richer. It won’t change.
That’s fine . And while the Cowboys remain the Dallas areas most favorite franchise their owner remains the most hated sports personality. It’s a love/ hate relationship.

It’s really not that unusual for fans or patrons to support a business or product without supporting or liking the ownership and or how they run the business we patronage.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
And when Jerry didn't have Jimmy, what happened?

So when people say Jerry built three SB champions to defend his run as GM, that's disingenuous. He's built ZERO SB winners by himself. Shoot, he hasn't even built a team that made a conference title game in 25 years.
The Joneses need to be fired as president and general manager.I just wish we could get together as fans and force this. Stop buying products and paying for games. That is the only way we can get the Joneses out.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rumor has it that Stephen is going to start identifying as a woman to help the cowboys comply with the new Rooney Rules. It will be his most valuable contribution to date.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That’s fine . And while the Cowboys remain the Dallas areas most favorite franchise their owner remains the most hated sports personality. It’s a love/ hate relationship.

It’s really not that unusual for fans or patrons to support a business or product without supporting or liking the ownership and or how they run the business we patronage.
Our fans are cowards. If we got together and boycotted the Cowboys things would change. We need to mess with the money train.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If we collected all of S. Jones' "stupid" quotes over the years, it would be as big as the "War & Peace" novel. LOL :laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
I never said legitimate GM. That’s an adjective you added.

It could be no different than our coaching situation.

Then why would it matter if he hired a GM or not? I mean why even mention he may hire a GM if it means zip?

Sydla

Reaction score
@Sydla

Let’s assume Cheapskate Son assumes identical role as Jethro who was directly unaccountable to anyone else.

Now assuming the three kids inherit equal ownership , what happens if the team and franchise is struggling ,will the other two siblings hold him more directly accountable ? Have you even considered these scenarios ?? Or are you assuming Jethro is going to leave controlling interest to him instead of his other children.

I’m not sure you’ve thought all of this through. And why it’s more likely with equal ownership he’s going to take a different role at least on the face than his daddy. That doesn’t mean he can’t still run day to day operations as Pres. But he’ll have gophers and puppets he can hold more directly accountable publicly and fire them .

He won’t place himself in position where his two siblings could join forces and fire him.

Well yeah, since Stephen is his right hand man, it seems logical Stephen is likely going to get controlling interest of football operations over the other two. You think Jerry hasn't sorted this issue out already?

If anyone hasn't thought this through, it's you. Stephen will run the team as Jerry has. Our only hope is maybe 20 years from now when John Stephen takes over.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our fans are cowards. If we got together and boycotted the Cowboys things would change. We need to mess with the money train.
I waged that campaign when the new stadium was built as a former season ticket holder for 4 decades. Unfortunately not enough fans supported the movement although most of the old season ticket holders didn’t make the move.

I’ve been an advocate for forcing the issue financially ever since . The love for our franchise is just too powerful despite everyone’s hate for our owner and embarrassment how he operates .

The good news is we are nearing the end .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well yeah, since Stephen is his right hand man, it seems logical Stephen is likely going to get controlling interest of football operations over the other two. You think Jerry hasn't sorted this issue out already?

If anyone hasn't thought this through, it's you. Stephen will run the team as Jerry has. Our only hope is maybe 20 years from now when John Stephen takes over.
There’s just no indication Stephen will run the Cowboys in the same identical fashion.

And it’s highly unlikely that Jethro would shun his two other children with less interest who have had vital roles in the financial success.

That said Cheapskate Son wouid still oversee football operations. I just don’t believe it will be in the same flamboyant style insistent on being the face of the franchise celebrity football narcissistic manner.

We shall see. Nobody knows for sure . But my hunch is it won’t be the same for the reasons stated . Remember this was Jethro’s dream to be a celebrity football guy not his childrens.

Sydla

Reaction score
There’s just no indication Stephen will run the Cowboys in the same identical fashion.

And it’s highly unlikely that Jethro would shun his two other children with less interest who have had vital roles in the financial success.

That said Cheapskate Son wouid still oversee football operations. I just don’t believe it will be in the same flamboyant style insistent on being the face of the franchise celebrity football narcissistic manner.

We shall see. Nobody knows for sure . But my hunch is it won’t be the same for the reasons stated . Remember this was Jethro’s dream to be a celebrity football guy not his childrens.

No indication? LOL.

See what's happening here is that you are trying to concoct in your head a scenario where this is actually better when Jerry leaves. It won't be. Stephen has shown you his cards. Like his dad, he thinks he's as smart or smarter than other football people. And he'll run the Cowboys football operations pretty much the same way Jerry has.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No indication? LOL.

See what's happening here is that you are trying to concoct in your head a scenario where this is actually better when Jerry leaves. It won't be. Stephen has shown you his cards. Like his dad, he thinks he's as smart or smarter than other football people. And he'll run the Cowboys football operations pretty much the same way Jerry has.
I think Stephen will be worse than his Dad....God help us.

Sydla

Reaction score
Does it mean anything that we hire head coaches ?

No but you are actually undermining your own point here. There is no value to the franchise of the fans if Stephen hires a GM in name only, just like there is no value in them naming a figurehead HC like Garrett.

So I am failing to see your point here. If Stephen hires some GM that has no real power or clout, then why does it matter if a GM was hired at all?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No indication? LOL.

Believe what you will . And I’m not saying it will be better. Just not identically the same .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No but you are actually undermining your own point here. There is no value to the franchise of the fans if Stephen hires a GM in name only, just like there is no value in them naming a figurehead HC like Garrett.

So I am failing to see your point here. If Stephen hires some GM that has no real power or clout, then why does it matter if a GM was hired at all?
It matters because like hiring puppets as head coaches it allows a scapegoat to hold accountable .

The situation with Stephen is different because of two siblings with equal shares who could become unrest with how football operations are doing.

Jethro hasn’t had to be held directly accountable to anyone . Stephen could be. That’s the difference and why I expect a different approach at least on its face .

Ken

Reaction score
Below are just a few of the many, many stupid and moronic comments made by the laziest executive in professional sports, Stephen “Giggles” Jones. In light of SJ’s moronic comments today about “Super Bowls not being won in the off season”, it’s worth remembering two things:
  1. He’s been saying dumb things for years.
  2. We better hope when JJ meets his maker SJ wants to hire someone to run this thing.
Here’s a walk down memory lane with links to the original stories. Each link is prefaced by an SJ actual quote.
This is a very incomplete and short list. It could three times as long, I just wanted to post a few. Is there an NFL executive this arrogantly lazy and stupid? If so, they’re probably fired in short order.

Stephen Jones is a complete embarrassment. I’m not a JJ fan. But at least he earned the right to own this team. SJ’s qualifications amount to DNA. Lord help us if this man ever completely takes over.
Not seeing anything earth shattering here. The Stephen hate is ridiculous.

Need I remind everyone that we would have Johnny Manziel if not for the "bumbling bafoon".