A reminder that Dak can play QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He shows flashes and has all the desired intangibles, but let's be honest, he would benefit tremendously as understudy to an accomplished veteran for a couple of years.

Maybe but you're talking about a guy with the best rookie season ever and one of the best starts to a career in NFL history so I think playing is the best thing for him because he's clearly ready for it.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Go watch him throw the ball on the Jacksonville Defense from early december. He looks better than all of them with inferior talent against the leagues best defense.

His body of work is not quite on the same level as the young QBs mentioned; we'll take your advise and keep an eye on him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
His body of work is not quite on the same level as the young QBs mentioned; we'll take your advise and keep an eye on him.

more sarcasm.

Go watch him throw the ball and run the offense against the jags. Best defense in the league.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some of you have convinced yourselves that Dak is just an awful QB. I thought I would post some videos from this past year that show Dak can play this position at a high level.

This guy is off to one of the best starts in NFL history and some of you on here act like he is garbage. We are lucky to have him.

He does have some accuracy issues but they are all things he can fix with better footwork.

Anyone fan of the Cowboys that thinks Dak is garbage might as well go hide under a rock. Dak has no accuracy issues. Fake news.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Don't want to dump on an all-time Cowboy , but being forced to use a past-his-prime TE on any and every 3rd-and-medium/long , is not helpful to any QB...........................I can run faster than Jason Witten right now while carrying a mule on my back , and I'm 15 years older.....................

starcity214

Reaction score
I agree but how many QB's are getting better results then Dak is getting?
13-3 & 9-7.

They didn't make the move for Wentz. That is what will hurt them.

They can still play at a very high level with Dak though. It's just going to take us being a better all around team. We will need a AFC north brand of football. A seahawk brand of football.

When all you have is "we won 22 games" you know the player you're defending sucks..

I guess Byron Jones is better than Landon collins..

I guess Twill is better than Larry Fitzgerald..

I mean, we won with them right?!

People keep going back to 2016 when the league had no idea how to defend the guy and half of us didn't know who he was...
There's tape now. He's been figured out. He's a one trick pony. If random fans like me know that Dak is scared to go deep, you can bet that all defensive coordinators know this also..that's why we keep seeing stacked boxes and Beasley and Witten being doubled..

It all goes back to Prescott being a one trick pony..

If Dak can't learn to throw deep this off season, our season is over before it starts.

plymkr

Reaction score
No different than you pulling out a handful of highlight plays and acting like they alone prove that Dak is a franchise QB. Watch Wentz and Goff play the position compared to him....THOSE are what franchise QBs look like. THOSE are the guys that can become better with some coaching and lots of time spent working on their mechanics/reads. Dak looks nothing like them while playing the position and is far behind them in terms of growth. Saying coaching will make him a franchise QB is asking for a miracle. You have Dak supporters in this thread actually quoting base completion percentage as if that proves that Dak is far more accurate than Wentz, who slings the ball all over the field regularly instead of checking down every single play. What's even worse is the Dak supporters telling themselves that all of the Dak hate is only due to people not letting go of you know who, instead of facing the reality that they don't know how to evaluate an NFL QB even at the most basic level.
No one had these complaints about Dak last year. It's not a coincidence that Dak's play suffered when Zeke was suspended and Tyron got hurt. Garrett couldn't, or wouldn't, adjust his scheme to help the LT position and the organization didn't think Zeke would be suspended. None of that is Dak's fault.

Dak is the man, the offense regressed due to several factors. Dak didn't play as good as he did last year but to say he isn't a franchise QB at this point is premature.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You must be stuck in 2016 cause i saw plenty of accuracy problems in 2017. I don't think he is garbage he just needs time

Sure, when you get sacked 8 times and the Oline forgets how to block. More pressure=less accuracy. Simple formula.

Its like you Romo cry babies act like everything was the same. Looks like your going to be a miserable guy for along time. Dak will be the QB for the next 10 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When all you have is "we won 22 games" you know the player you're defending sucks..

I guess Byron Jones is better than Landon collins..

I guess Twill is better than Larry Fitzgerald..

I mean, we won with them right?!

People keep going back to 2016 when the league had no idea how to defend the guy and half of us didn't know who he was...
There's tape now. He's been figured out. He's a one trick pony. If random fans like me know that Dak is scared to go deep, you can bet that all defensive coordinators know this also..that's why we keep seeing stacked boxes and Beasley and Witten being doubled..

It all goes back to Prescott being a one trick pony..

If Dak can't learn to throw deep this off season, our season is over before it starts.

Poor guy. Dont watch the games then.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one had these complaints about Dak last year. It's not a coincidence that Dak's play suffered when Zeke was suspended and Tyron got hurt. Garrett couldn't, or wouldn't, adjust his scheme to help the LT position and the organization didn't think Zeke would be suspended. None of that is Dak's fault.

Dak is the man, the offense regressed due to several factors. Dak didn't play as good as he did last year but to say he isn't a franchise QB at this point is premature.
NO one can be that stupid. They were just Romo cry babies waiting in the wings for a bad stretch. Probably Eagle trolls.

condoin125

Reaction score
No one had these complaints about Dak last year.
Except that some of us definitely did....there were only a few of us (at least on my original board) and we were called worry warts, romoholics or not true fans of the team. The complaints are definitely more numerous and louder this year because lots of other people have caught up with our way of thinking.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
NO one can be that stupid. They were just Romo cry babies waiting in the wings for a bad stretch. Probably Eagle trolls.
And they were yelling about him last year in the middle of our winning streak. Put a bunch of them on ignore. They were driving me crazy. lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And they were yelling about him last year in the middle of our winning streak. Put a bunch of them on ignore. They were driving me crazy. lol

I already have. Put about 5 of them on ignore already. Since they seem to have a board for everything under the sun, then need a board for Dak hate so that the main board doesnt get mucked up with all these trolls. I can see cutting up people that suck. But to constantly cut up a great young QB like Dak is trolling.

condoin125

Reaction score
Ok man whatever but I’m just calling it how I see it. Theebs is out here making claims that his rookie year was the ceiling and thinks other QBs are better because they have a nicer spiral and then says “NFL level throws” without explaining what he means by that.

Everyone was fawning over Carr just a year ago and now look at him with basically the same team. Does Carr suck now? Has he hit his ceiling? Can he not make those NFL throws? Well theebs would say he can because the ball looks pretty coming out his hand.

It’s cognitive dissonance. Holding Prescott to these standards but then not exercising those same rules on other QBs.
I don't know about Carr to be honest. I've tried to analyze his game but I can't figure him out....I don't know if he's for real or not. I'm obviously not an NFL scout so I'm making analysis at my level (wherever that falls) but it's obvious to me that Dak is not the guy. I would have loved for him to be....to get that lucky again like we did with Romo and find a gem? Would have been amazing.