A Romo trade idea?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some candiates I see

Browns: They seem to like Kessler, but he is somewhat limited and if the wheels come off they may want to look in another direction. Would be my preference as they have the most draft capitol

Jets: Drafted Hackenberger last year amd while talent he is a huge project. Plus solid QB play makes that team a playoff favorite. I think they are the most likely to be interested in Romo

49ers: Romo is excellent in a no huddle offense and would be able to do alot of things for Kelly. With no immediate impact starter likely in the draft, they may look to add Romo and develop a young QB behind him. I see second most likely after NY

Buffalo: They can get out of Tyrod's deal after this season. If they pick it up they are on the hook for 27.5 million ( although Im sure that can be restructured). I think its far from a guarantee they pick that up. For a new owner that wants to put a playoff team on the field, Romo could be very enticing

Denver: A long shot for me IMO. I think they would have to give up there 1st if any of the fore mentioned teams are interested and I dont see them doing that with Siemian on the roster and have traded up for Lynch last year. I could see them giving up a first if they can move Siemian for a 2nd or even, but I doubt they could

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that will seriously limit Jones options. The teams most willing to trade for him are places that most likely wont be on his list. If a team like Denver knows they are the only horse in the race, I see us getting lowballed. I frankly dont see Jones acting in Romo's best interest. Nor do I think he should. I dont really think Romo would have much issue with that either. He is a pro and understands the buisness of it. I dont see him making an issues of being a Jet, 49er or Bill

We'll probably see, unfortunately. I've been wrong about Jones before, but I'd be shocked to see him let Tony get into anything but the best possible option for him outside of Dallas if he does leave. And that would include lowballing up to and including just letting him walk. Jerry's loyal to his players, and a player like Tony has a special place in his heart. I also think Tony's quietly been very cool in the background about the Dak situation (pure supposition on my part), and that's the kind of loyalty Jerry tends to reward.

Verdict

Reaction score
You guys are all wrong about Romo's salary being high. He would be a cheap franchise QB. A top 5 player when healthy .... His contract is a actually under market value.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You guys are all wrong about Romo's salary being high. He would be a cheap franchise QB. A top 5 player when healthy .... His contract is a actually under market value.

Guessing it's age and injuries that make the contract too high.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If Romo is not traded in the offseason, then he is not getting traded period!

Hardline

Reaction score
Two pages already about something that has zero chance of happening.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Saw ESPN Sunday morning and they basically said three potential suitors:

Broncos, Jets and Bears.
It's all so far-fetched.
I heard Broncos, Jets, Dolphins (if they give up on Tannehill). Arizona being a longshot

Can't really imagine them trading him to a good NFC team like AZ though ( if Palmer hangs it up). Sorry people..but a healthy Romo in Az may very well beat Dallas. Let alone in Denver.

And I can't imagine him agreeing to play at dumpster fires like San Francisco or Chicago--where he'd be back to Dallas 2012 again, running for his life every play and not having the dominant defense to even make that worthwhile.

He's retire before that--heck, Candice would make him retire just so he could walk later in life.:oldcouple:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's all so far-fetched.
I heard Broncos, Jets, Dolphins (if they give up on Tannehill). Arizona being a longshot

Can't really imagine them trading him to a good NFC team like AZ though ( if Palmer hangs it up). Sorry people..but a healthy Romo in Az may very well beat Dallas. Let alone in Denver.

And I can't imagine him agreeing to play at dumpster fires like San Francisco or Chicago--where he'd be back to Dallas 2012 again, running for his life every play and not having the dominant defense to even make that worthwhile.

He's retire before that--heck, Candice would make him retire just so he could walk later in life.:oldcouple:
Dont discount how much a good QB can mean for a team. I could see Romo tearing up in Chicago and them winning the North of he plays 16. He would have a solid OL up there, a very good young HB in Howard and Ashlon Jeffery and Kevin White

endersdragon

Reaction score
I think Denver is the place Romo would try to make work and they have been known to make things like that work before. Denver+ Romo is an instant Super Bowl favorite. Outside of that I think the 3 non-Bradyed AFC teams might make sense. Don't think they keep him in the NFC as that means playing against him on a good team (like Minnesota) or he will just retire to avoid a bad team (like Chicago).

WeaponX

Reaction score
I can't help but think that the Jets may be drafting in the Fournette sweet spot - how's their O-Line look outside of Mangold?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can't help but think that the Jets may be drafting in the Fournette sweet spot - how's their O-Line look outside of Mangold?
Serviceable. Good enough to have an extremely potent offense if they add Romo and Fornette.

Shell is having a solid rookie season at LT.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Denver is the place Romo would try to make work and they have been known to make things like that work before. Denver+ Romo is an instant Super Bowl favorite. Outside of that I think the 3 non-Bradyed AFC teams might make sense. Don't think they keep him in the NFC as that means playing against him on a good team (like Minnesota) or he will just retire to avoid a bad team (like Chicago).
Two teams, Buffalo and NY I think become 11 win teams if Romo is under a full season. Both have alot offensive weapons. Buffalo has a better OL, but the Jets have a more experienced WR corpse and more talent on defense

WeaponX

Reaction score
Serviceable. Good enough to have an extremely potent offense if they add Romo and Fornette.

Shell is having a solid rookie season at LT.
And they have more than serviceable receivers and a pretty formidable defense...if I'm the Jets I make the move