A starting caliber guard will be at 50

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is not what I ever wanted to do but maybe this is the way we should go?

I think OG is the only position we HAVE to have rather than want to have, but in that scenario (which is very possible) I think they would trade down just like they did with Frederick.

If you have Wynn or Hernandez as a top 15 pick but think they will be available at 25, I would definitnely trade down if it meant adding another 2nd or 3rd.

visionary

Reaction score
Dane Brugler has Edmunds at 15 and Vea at 27, there is a good chance both of them are there at 19 because LBs usually drop.

I wouldn't be mad about an OG at 19 because Wynn and Hernandez are listed at 19 and 20 by Brugler and he lists them as guys who could be Pro Bowlers in time - and should be if they play between Tryon and Fred (which is why I think Cooper was overrated).

But there is a small chance one of Wynn or Hernandez drops to 50 and a better than average chance that Austin Corbett is available 81. Corbett is the guy I think is the best value if he is there at 81 (Brugler rates him at 74).

I don't think there is snowballs chance in hell that either Edmunds or Vea are there at 19.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think OG is the only position we HAVE to have rather than want to have, but in that scenario (which is very possible) I think they would trade down just like they did with Frederick.

If you have Wynn or Hernandez as a top 15 pick but think they will be available at 25, I would definitnely trade down if it meant adding another 2nd or 3rd.

Well, that's great but as we've seen many, many times and as I pointed out in my earlier post, you gotta have a trade partner.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Dane Brugler has Edmunds at 15 and Vea at 27, there is a good chance both of them are there at 19 because LBs usually drop.

I wouldn't be mad about an OG at 19 because Wynn and Hernandez are listed at 19 and 20 by Brugler and he lists them as guys who could be Pro Bowlers in time - and should be if they play between Tryon and Fred (which is why I think Cooper was overrated).

But there is a small chance one of Wynn or Hernandez drops to 50 and a better than average chance that Austin Corbett is available 81. Corbett is the guy I think is the best value if he is there at 81 (Brugler rates him at 74).

I hope he's right, but based only on what I've heard and read, most of the so-called "experts" don't seem to think any of those three will be available at 19. As I said, if any of them were to be there and we failed to pick them, I'm not going to be happy (not that anybody cares).

Sydla

Reaction score

Why is OG a "have to have" and say LB isn't a "have to have". We only have 1.5 LBs on the roster right now - Lee and Smith - and we don't really know about Smith. So it is quite possible we may have only one quality LB on this roster right now.

Guys like Wilson and Thomas are JAGs much like Martin and other options we can scrape together at OG. So if OG is a must have, so is LB IMO.