A Suggestion That Might Help Henson...

The Duke

Reaction score
I think that the best thing for Chutch and Henson after a layoff would have been to go to the Canada FL for a year or two and get playing time back. At least Henson should have played in NFLE for 3 off seasons now.

About the relax thing, why aren't all pro players regularly seeing a sports psychologist? You can learn alot and improve mentally even if you have no problems.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Henson may just need...

4bf6822b532efd3b2cc3b42317bd3668.jpg

JUST KIDDING.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
RW Hitman said:
It is time we move on, lets find his replacement as third string QB because right now, that is IMO the only reason why he is still on the team.

You go find Jerry a 3rd string QB who has the raw ability of Drew Henson and you might be on to something.

Give me a break. As Parcells used to say, you can't go to the 7-11 and find a player. You really think there is a 3rd team player with more upside just walking around out there?

mperfection

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
I've got another suggestion, try a different tactic with the player. Try some encouragement.

It seems counter productive to me when your public comments about a player and your actions toward a player all knock the stuffing out of him, and then you privately tell him to relax and stop pressing.
Best quote of the day on this subject. I agree completely!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Henson needs to use this...
smith_629_classic.jpg

It's his only chance against Parcells.

mperfection

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It is not uncommon for some guys to be uptight in practice but when real bullets start flying they step up and excel. That is because they quit thinking too much and just let instincts and natural ability take over. IMO Henson is trying too hard to impress Parcells and is tightening up too much.
Agreed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
I've got another suggestion, try a different tactic with the player. Try some encouragement.

It seems counter productive to me when your public comments about a player and your actions toward a player all knock the stuffing out of him, and then you privately tell him to relax and stop pressing.

Being an NFL QB is all about pressure. I don't know of many who had the head coach powdering their bottoms publically. The head coach doesn't have the time. That is what a QB coach is around for. Getting a good one is what can turn a career around.

Troy Aikman was rarely supported by Jimmy Johnson and didn't turn around until he had a confidant in Turner. That might be Henson's problem. He didn't bond with Lee very well it appears and who knows if Palmer has had that influence.

But make no mistake, Henson has to seize the opportunities himself. Nobody is, or should, pamper him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RW Hitman said:
that may be true,probably is...

It is just that we have been dragging these has been ex-baseball players with some kind of twinge in their throwing style that cannot be changed.

It is time we move on, lets find his replacement as third string QB because right now, that is IMO the only reason why he is still on the team.

That evidently is not what BP is saying or the organization. I think your a bit hung up on the baseball thing. For now I expect things to stay as is and when or if the time comes that they feel he is a lost cause I'm sure they will release him. When talking 3rd string QB I'm not overly concerned

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
A suggestion that might help Henson "relax..."

something%20about%20mary,%20spermascene.BMP

Dom: Alright I think you're all set. So just go clean the pipes and lets go.
Ted: Huh?
Dom: You know clean the pipes.
Ted: What do you mean clean the pipes?
Dom: You choke the chicken before any big date don't you? Tell me you spank the monkey before any big date. Oh my God he doesn't flog the dolphin before a big date. Are you crazy? That's like going out there with a loaded gun! Of course that's why you're nervous.

Sorry if this isn't family friendly enough... Please delete if so and don't make the caning too severe....:D

:lmao: :lmao:

:bow:

cml750

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Being an NFL QB is all about pressure. I don't know of many who had the head coach powdering their bottoms publically. The head coach doesn't have the time. That is what a QB coach is around for. Getting a good one is what can turn a career around.

Troy Aikman was rarely supported by Jimmy Johnson and didn't turn around until he had a confidant in Turner. That might be Henson's problem. He didn't bond with Lee very well it appears and who knows if Palmer has had that influence.

But make no mistake, Henson has to seize the opportunities himself. Nobody is, or should, pamper him.

I didn't mean that BP should pamper Henson. All I am saying is that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that he has been extra critical of almost anything Henson does. Romo and Bledsoe arn't treated like that no matter how bad they do. Anyone who watched the NFLE games knows Henson did fairly well under adverse conditions(ie- no blocking and receivers dropping balls) but all BP could say was "I wanted to see more." I guess Henson could have thrown the ball then ran under it to catch it himself but BP would have still been critical. Face it BP doesn't like Henson and never will. I don't believe Henson will get a fair chance until he is out from BP's shadow!:)

Alexander

Reaction score
cml750 said:
I didn't mean that BP should pamper Henson. All I am saying is that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that he has been extra critical of almost anything Henson does.

How so? If anything, I have seen more of a lack of concern or even boredom as his reaction. He is "extra critical" of everyone. He will find a flaw somewhere and use it to motivate the player. The thing here is that I honestly believe he hasn't figured out what motivates Henson. And I think he stopped trying a while back. He simply doesn't have time any more.

Romo and Bledsoe arn't treated like that no matter how bad they do.

This is like a sibling complaining about another getting better treatment but not knowing what happens in their absence. Bledsoe already got his abuse and he pulled through. Romo might have as well. Henson hasn't done anything to stop this supposed treatment. That's his problem, not Coach Parcells'.

Anyone who watched the NFLE games knows Henson did fairly well under adverse conditions(ie- no blocking and receivers dropping balls) but all BP could say was "I wanted to see more." I guess Henson could have thrown the ball then ran under it to catch it himself but BP would have still been critical. Face it BP doesn't like Henson and never will. Henson will never get a true shot at being a starting QB until he is out from BP's shadow!:)

He could win the Super Bowl and complain about too many penalties in the game. That's just what he does.

And if you are waiting for this sudden Henson explosion once Parcells is "out of his way", I wouldn't bet on it unless I have been looking at a totally different player than what Henson has shown to date.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
rcaldw said:

If Henson cannot perform without this "encouragement" you are talking about, then he cannot handle the pressure of being an NFL QB...

This is not high-school anymore....! He does not need his little butt patted everyday, because if he does, then he is not mentally capable of playing QB, period...

Good luck to him...but coddling him like a child is not going to do any good...

:star:

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
rcaldw said:

It's called the pressures of the game. If he can't deal with a little helpful critizism from his own coach then what happens when we really need him, when a game is on the line, and the pressures of the game are for real and blasting him from every which angle.

Parcells is not the enemy here. Parcells is simply doing with him the same thing he did with SIMMS in NY...making him twice the man he was before his "beat-down".

Look at it this way; He's not dealing with adversity by himself and rising to the challange...so I guess somebody better get in there and help with that or all this time and money will have been for not.

I would at least like to see a Jason Garratt type come out of this for us in the end. If he can be our benchwarmer for 10 years that's really something great when you come right down to it. As far as him ever being our starter, I think that ship has sailed, and sailed long ago. Hell, Henson's starting to see visions of Christopher Columbus since that ship sailed so long ago.

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
Alexander said:
How so? If anything, I have seen more of a lack of concern or even boredom as his reaction. He is "extra critical" of everyone. He will find a flaw somewhere and use it to motivate the player. The thing here is that I honestly believe he hasn't figured out what motivates Henson. And I think he stopped trying a while back. He simply doesn't have time any more.

I see this, too. Henson has a very "vacant" look in his eyes. Almost like noone is home half the time or he's off on another planet. A common word I bet he's heard a lot during the course of his life.........DUH!

I've questioned to myself in the past if he's a "smoker". He looks like he likes to toke it up. Hell, he looks high in half the pictures he's seen in, just look at his eyes, even bloodshot half the time.

Alexander

Reaction score
GlitzCowboy said:
I see this, too. Henson has a very "vacant" look in his eyes. Almost like noone is home half the time or he's off on another planet.

And if this is the case, this is precisely what might drive Coach Parcells up a wall. He wants smart players who don't have to be overcoached. He had it with Quincy Carter and I don't think he wants it again. Romo is in the same boat, but obviously he doing something better.

His preference is to "not worry" about someone and "trust" them. I believe he isn't even close to getting to that point with Henson.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dr%20phil.jpg

YOU, Toughen up Drew Henson,
Just because others think that
Coach is being a big mean bully,
who is not paying enough attention to
you does not mean you are a wimp.
You show those internet cry babies just how
tough you can be Drew Henson

stuart1.jpg

That's right Drew, you listen to Dr Phil,
Because you are good enough,
You are smart enough,
and dog gone it,
people like you

200px-WillFerrell.jpg

And remember Drew Henson...
You Stay Classy Drew Henson

acheman

Reaction score
Great Odin's raven. That puts me in the mind for some afternoon delight.:laugh2: