A tidbit/rumor to share

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
McClay has done an amazing job .
Richard has done an amazing job .
Marinelli's defense is at the top of the league . So Marinelli has done an outstanding job .

... and then there's the player's buddy who earns 6 million dollars per year as HC , so he can be buddy buddy with the players and the owner .
... and then there's Linehan giving us one of the worst Offenses in the League .
... and then there's the F.O. who have mercilessly defended this coaching staff .

It is my understanding that Richard might be gone , Linehan might be gone , McClay's job depends on what the family friend HC wants to do ...

So if Garrett stays , we lose our only good coaching staff ?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes,,,er,,,I mean No, I never thought he'd unleashed that in an overtly intentional damming fashion,,,but,,, was it ever so insightfully tellingo_O
Maybe, but I'd have to hear him say he meant that JG isn't good at designing plays, or deciding which ones fit his personnel. I find it hard to believe someone who started as a backup QB, became an OC, then a HC (okay, we all know HC position was a gift from JJ) isn't capable of being an "X's and O's" guy.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Steve Dennis, part of DAC radio 103.3 Dallas.....Dennis and Cowlishaw has been talking about this for over a week. This exact senario.

Promote Garret to GM

Promote Richard to head coach

Bring in a OC that can work with Dak and maximize the offense after letting Linehan go.
:clap:Hell lets be honest, yea Jason still a young guy but his age as a coach are dog years. Just read where even Bengals are keying in on Rams young offensive assistant Zac Taylor. The above FO and coaching restructure would be perfect for this team going forward. Hats off to Jason, Stephen, and Jerry. With the exception of maybe a couple more players, they've built this team right where you want it. Now let's get some fresh young blood in here to take it over the top.

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Good luck convincing Garrett to leave the field for the front office. I get the feeling, he loves being on the field pushing guys after they make a big play.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But I'm told that there's talk that Jerry might make an unprecented move to keep this train going. It's been talked about the possibility of promoting Jason Garrett to the GM role and naming Kris Richard the team's head coach. It would quiet any talk of why Jones won't hire a GM and allow the team to keep a coach that the entire organization loves. Garrett would work with Will McClay on the draft and get a raise and everybody wins.

Jason Garrett off the sidelines on gameday. Hallelujah!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
:clap:Hell lets be honest, yea Jason still a young guy but his age as a coach are dog years. Just read where even Bengals are keying in on Rams young offensive assistant Zac Taylor. The above FO and coaching restructure would be perfect for this team going forward. Hats off to Jason, Stephen, and Jerry. With the exception of maybe a couple more players, they've built this team right where you want it. Now let's get some fresh young blood in here to take it over the top.

BTW.....As GM when the hell is Jerry going to have time for his $250M new toy (LOL)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Maybe, but I'd have to hear him say he meant that JG isn't good at designing plays, or deciding which ones fit his personnel. I find it hard to believe someone who started as a backup QB, became an OC, then a HC (okay, we all know HC position was a gift from JJ) isn't capable of being an "X's and O's" guy.
That would be some pretty unprecedented stuff right there.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren't just a football team anymore. They have substantial real estate holdings (the stadium and the Star), merchandising, handling concessions and ticketing, among other things. The traditional management structure of a professional football team probably doesn't really fit them anymore. When Stephen takes over, he's probably going to be the CEO not the GM and there may be more than one person filling the traditional GM role.

Mannix

Reaction score
------Have you seen what some of the other team's are hiring for their head coaches?

I also saw who Green Bay fired after coaching rings around The Clapping Carrot for the last 9 years.