A Touch of Hostility...Week 16

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jjktkk;3763346 said:
Probably because Cowboys fans were expecting a Super Bowl contending team, and now you expect fans to be happy with the Boys giving great effort, but losing to a bad team.
I don't expect fans to be happy. I do expect them to grasp the concepts of the game and respect how hard it is to win. Many here don't. It is utterly freaking pathetic. This a fantastic game that is cheapened far too often by unwitting commentary.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile;3763426 said:
I don't expect fans to be happy. I do expect them to grasp the concepts of the game and respect how hard it is to win. Many here don't. It is utterly freaking pathetic. This a fantastic game that is cheapened far too often by unwitting commentary.

YOu mean like when team loses, the team didn't have enough heart? Because you know, all you need is show enough heart or effort to win a game. ;)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hostile;3763426 said:

The only thing pathetic in this thread is you grandstanding about how hard it is to win a football game, and talking about the perfect straight line formation Garrett was able to get the team in for the national anthem, to try and find some positive out of the embarassing loss we just had to the Cardinals.

Bottom line again.. you have to find a way to win. We haven't been doing that consistently since Garrett took over, despite being in a position to win pretty much every game. You especially have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat. We couldn't even do that against a terrible team like the Cardinals.

The week before we barely squeeked out a win over a terrible Skins team too. These are not things that show me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Garrett will be a highly successful HC.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Hostile;3763426 said:

The problem is that alot fans may not have played the game at any level, so they cannot appreciate the how hard it is physically to win. Fair or not, the NFL is a bottom line business. Ws and Ls.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3763436 said:
Bottom line again.. you have to find a way to win. We haven't been doing that consistently since Garrett took over, .

We're 4-3 under Garrett where before we were 1-7

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jjktkk;3763455 said:
The problem is that alot fans may not have played the game at any level, so they cannot appreciate the how hard it is physically to win. Fair or not, the NFL is a bottom line business. Ws and Ls.
Oh I know most have not played. There is no way they can make the comments they make when they have zero respect for the game, athletes, coaches, or anything to do with it beyond wins and losses.

Until this thread I did not know the 1993 Cowboys were a disappointment. We lost games to the 4-12 Commanders and 6-10 Falcons. Forget that we won the Super Bowl. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to. To me that means we screwed up losing to the Bills and Dolphins too.

I swear the silliness multiplies.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Hos, I know it's kind of early but have any of your sources indicated that the losses (assuming we also lose to the Eagles) have swayed Jerry's affinity for JG?

I am so worried that Jones, yet again, will find a way to screw up a good thing (young coach, home grown, detail oriented, smart) for a retread who will bolt (just like Parcells) after three-four years thereby starting the whole coaching search over again.

Hostile;3763479 said:
Oh I know most have not played. There is no way they can make the comments they make when they have zero respect for the game, athletes, coaches, or anything to do with it beyond wins and losses.

Until this thread I did not know the 1993 Cowboys were a disappointment. We lost games to the 4-12 Commanders and 6-10 Falcons. Forget that we won the Super Bowl. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to. To me that means we screwed up losing to the Bills and Dolphins too.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hostile;3763479 said:

Yes because if you don't agree with Hostile, you have zero respect for the game.

:rolleyes:

Bottom line.. two poor efforts in a row, against two bad teams. Not something most good coaches allow to happen.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hostile;3763426 said:

im sorry i dont "grasp" the concept of a team playing poorly this season but should wipe the field with a team like the cardinals. If dallas played like vs the packers ur statement would hold water, but the cardinals, no. If you want to say its hard to win vs the cardinals in their state, then i guess thats u. But to me this team shouldve won easily.

sorry i dont "grasp" the concept of this team still performing as bad as it did with wade.

I like garrett as a coach, i just dont see the love affair for him when he hasnt accomplished anything. He still produces the same lackluster offensive schemes week in and week out.

Sure he might be a good coach, but nomatter what u say and these posters eat up like absolute fact. I dont see any difference in this team from week one to now.

I can respect your views because most have merit but anybody who saw them interviews without a man love for garrett or without the hate for garrett saw a man in jones that doesnt know if garrett is the guy to lead this team. He wasnt being coy,he just doesnt know. id say gruden has just as much of a chance to be the next coach as garrett. Whoever it is, i just hope the can field a competent OL and secondary because they are truely embarrassing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LatinMind;3763491 said:
im sorry i dont "grasp" the concept of a team playing poorly this season but should wipe the field with a team like the cardinals. If dallas played like vs the packers ur statement would hold water, but the cardinals, no. If you want to say its hard to win vs the cardinals in their state, then i guess thats u. But to me this team shouldve won easily.

sorry i dont "grasp" the concept of this team still performing as bad as it did with wade.

I like garrett as a coach, i just dont see the love affair for him when he hasnt accomplished anything. He still produces the same lackluster offensive schemes week in and week out.

Sure he might be a good coach, but nomatter what u say and these posters eat up like absolute fact. I dont see any difference in this team from week one to now.

I can respect your views because most have merit but anybody who saw them interviews without a man love for garrett or without the hate for garrett saw a man in jones that doesnt know if garrett is the guy to lead this team. He wasnt being coy,he just doesnt know. id say gruden has just as much of a chance to be the next coach as garrett. Whoever it is, i just hope the can field a competent OL and secondary because they are truely embarrassing.
I'm sorry you don't grasp these things too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;3763489 said:
Hos, I know it's kind of early but have any of your sources indicated that the losses (assuming we also lose to the Eagles) have swayed Jerry's affinity for JG?

I am so worried that Jones, yet again, will find a way to screw up a good thing (young coach, home grown, detail oriented, smart) for a retread who will bolt (just like Parcells) after three-four years thereby starting the whole coaching search over again.
I do not for one minute believe anyone else is going to get this job. I did send a message to someone that I hope he answers, but no, I have never heard anything from anyone reliable to indicate to me it is anyone but Jason Garrett for this job. I wish I could say more, but until I know more I am as in the dark as anyone else here. I do know one encouraging thing, but it is not for public knowledge at this point. It doesn't guarantee anything but it gives me a lot of hope.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
LatinMind;3763491 said:

I'll just say, like most people already know, that there is parity in the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday, especially when one team is playing it's third string backup. There is really no such thing as teams that we should "wipe the field" with anymore. You have to be ready for every game.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PBJTime;3763517 said:
I'll just say, like most people already know, that there is parity in the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday, especially when one team is playing it's third string backup.
Last night both teams were.

Did you know that when Clint Longley beat the Commanders on Thanksgiving in 1974 it meant that George Allen was an awful coach?

True story. Read it here.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
PBJTime;3763517 said:
I'll just say, like most people already know, that there is parity in the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday, especially when one team is playing it's third string backup. There is really no such thing as teams that we should "wipe the field" with anymore.

You mean when BOTH teams are playing their 3rd string backups.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
PBJTime;3763517 said:
I'll just say, like most people already know, that there is parity in the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday, especially when one team is playing it's third string backup. There is really no such thing as teams that we should "wipe the field" with anymore. You have to be ready for every game.

ill say i see the cardinals on a weekly basis. Im sure hostile does or used to. I dont know if he'll admit it, but the cardinals are horrible. they cant run cant throw, and play average defense. But come garrett and the cowboys and they make then look good.

Sorry but if u see the cardinals play u know that its not about parity. but a team(cowboys) who still have mediocre preparation.

Hos?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
LatinMind;3763537 said:
ill say i see the cardinals on a weekly basis. Im sure hostile does or used to. I dont know if he'll admit it, but the cardinals are horrible. they cant run cant throw, and play average defense. But come garrett and the cowboys and they make then look good.

Sorry but if u see the cardinals play u know that its not about parity. but a team(cowboys) who still have mediocre preparation.

Hos?

I don't know if you've paid attention, but we aren't exactly sweeping the league this year either.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PBJTime;3763528 said:
Either way, parity.
The main difference of course is that Skelton has been the #1 guy there for quite a while getting all the reps and training and focus. McGee hasn't been.

But forget that info please. Horrible team we were supposed to BLOW OUT. Ergo the misery and hysteria.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
PBJTime;3763540 said:
I don't know if you've paid attention, but we aren't exactly sweeping the league this year either.

the cowboys have still shown the ability to put up points and play(giants game). Cardinals have shown none of that.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
CATCH17;3762691 said:
I'm starting to think Jerry Wont pass on Fisher.

I hope he doesn't. Fisher has done more with less for years. Team him up with an owner who will give you players and he will produce wins.