A Trade Down Mock

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
JPM;3762949 said:
Hos, how do you compare O'Dowd to Wisniewski ? To be honest I haven't seen USC this year.

O'Dowd is the better athlete, Wisniewski is the better technician. Neither are 1st round material. Certainly not rated as highly as the blue chip centers that have come out in previous years: Pouncey, Mack, Unger, etc.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
BAT;3763035 said:
O'Dowd is the better athlete, Wisniewski is the better technician. Neither are 1st round material. Certainly not rated as highly as the blue chip centers that have come out in previous years: Pouncey, Mack, Unger, etc.

I'd say Wisniewski is as good a prospect as Unger, he didn't really get close to the first round himself

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3763051 said:
I'd say Wisniewski is as good a prospect as Unger, he didn't really get close to the first round himself

Unger was projected as 1st round talent by many publications. He was ranked ahead of Mack by some scouts. And that draft had a half dozen quality centers. In either case, neither Wisniewski or O'Dowd are considered blue chip prospects.

They are both solid 2nd to 4th round projections.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
BAT;3763255 said:
Unger was projected as 1st round talent by many publications. He was ranked ahead of Mack by some scouts. And that draft had a half dozen quality centers. In either case, neither Wisniewski or O'Dowd are considered blue chip prospects.

They are both solid 2nd to 4th round projections.

but he didn't go in the first round or the top of the second (and hasn't really set seattle on fire). You can't say that Aaron Rogers was a blue chip QB prospect, since he went in the 20s. Yeah some publications rated him higher than Alex Smith, but if you're a blue chip prospect, you don't get passed that many times.