A Trade Down Mock

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
TheCount;3757381 said:
I'm not sure what McGee has done to suddenly deserve to be cut or demoted. I actually think the team is pretty happy with the development he showed in the preseason.

They are bringing him along slowly because they like him, in my opinion.

I think the next time we draft a QB it should be with the idea of picking the next franchise QB instead of spending another pick on a player that'll never see the field.

I think the set up is perfect.

1. Pro bowler w/ 5 years left
2. Crafty vet backup w/ 1 year left
3. Younin whos not a #2 yet but has tons of talent.

A year from now McGee could be ready for the #2 spot and then we can talk about drafting a late round guy to be #3

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3757381 said:
I'm not sure what McGee has done to suddenly deserve to be cut or demoted. I actually think the team is pretty happy with the development he showed in the preseason.

They are bringing him along slowly because they like him, in my opinion.

I think the next time we draft a QB it should be with the idea of picking the next franchise QB instead of spending another pick on a player that'll never see the field.
For me, it is always about getting better. Plus, who knows how long Kitna will stay? If McElroy ended up being better than McGee would that be a bad thing? Especially if we got him in the 6th round?

Brooksey

Reaction score
This was an interesting thread to read. Hos, I'll give you credit...you're a fighter man... right to the end. In this case I think you got owned, but it's okay you have owned many others. You can't win them all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
brooksey1;3757414 said:
This was an interesting thread to read. Hos, I'll give you credit...you're a fighter man... right to the end. In this case I think you got owned, but it's okay you have owned many others. You can't win them all.
I did. Except for the part about me not knowing who James Rodgers is and that he was the Oregon State return man. Note that I offered him a bet with the outcome to be decided upon passing a lie detector test, and he tucked tail and ran. Who runs away from money?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;3757395 said:
For me, it is always about getting better. Plus, who knows how long Kitna will stay? If McElroy ended up being better than McGee would that be a bad thing? Especially if we got him in the 6th round?

In the 6th, I'm pretty much open to anything reasonable. I'm not criticizing the pick in your mock at all, but we did spend a 4th on McGee afterall.

Bringing in another QB, assuming we're keeping Kitna another year means McGee has to be exposed to the practice squad or cut and we still have no clue about him really.

I'll also admit I'd like to not have yet another pick form 2009 go down in flames, the draft was already bad enough.

Patton

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think this would be a bad haul, but trading down in the first...I just can't get behind it. I know no good would come of that.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Hostile;3757395 said:

In theory, we could spend a 6th or 7th on a TE and get better, but what's the point, it's unlikely. Not saying that McElroy can't be better than McGee, but we drafted him knowing he's a project, so there's no point in trying to replace him with another guy who won't see the field.

FWIW, if we had the worst record, I would draft ALuck and churn McGee off the roster, but it seems to me atleast that if we draft a QB, we're just going to hope we can sneak them on the practice squad

DFWJC

Reaction score
That's really solid all the way around...

except McElroy. I don't see it, but I've been wrong before.

O'Dowd may be gone by the mid 70s.

dogberry

Reaction score
The rule is to take a QB every year.

Are Ball and Ratliff the only starters taken after the fourth round by the Cowboys?

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3757426 said:
I did. Except for the part about me not knowing who James Rodgers is and that he was the Oregon State return man. Note that I offered him a bet with the outcome to be decided upon passing a lie detector test, and he tucked tail and ran. Who runs away from money?

Lol, yeah, you certainly threw down the Internet gauntlet down didn't you?

I asked you for the details already, you haven't responded. Are you going to fly me out? Are you going to pick me up at the airport? Are you going to pay for my time off work? Lol, please.

Your ridiculous "challenge" is no more impressive than saying to someone on a message board "oh yeah, if you're so tough meet me here in the next 30 minutes" knowing that nobody is going to fly halfway around the country to do so. Nevertheless, Internet commandos like yourself find solice in making such cowardly challenges.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
dogberry;3757686 said:

Are Ball and Ratliff the only starters taken after the fourth round by the Cowboys?

who's rule? GB did that a few years back, but is there any team now that took a QB the last 5 years

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dogberry;3757686 said:

I don't think it's a rule if you make it up. :D

Manwiththeplan;3757710 said:
who's rule? GB did that a few years back, but is there any team now that took a QB the last 5 years

Yeah GB did it and they haven't gotten much of anything for all those extra QB's they got.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
dogberry;3757686 said:

On offense you have Free (4th) and at least at the beginning of the year MBIII (4th).

On defense you have Bradie (4th) and Scandrick ("starting nickel" 5th).

Reaction score
realtick;3757791 said:
On offense you have Free (4th) and at least at the beginning of the year MBIII (4th).

On defense you have Bradie (4th) and Scandrick ("starting nickel" 5th).

Kosier........

Sensabaugh........

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3757484 said:
In the 6th, I'm pretty much open to anything reasonable. I'm not criticizing the pick in your mock at all, but we did spend a 4th on McGee afterall.

Bringing in another QB, assuming we're keeping Kitna another year means McGee has to be exposed to the practice squad or cut and we still have no clue about him really.

I'll also admit I'd like to not have yet another pick form 2009 go down in flames, the draft was already bad enough.
It could also be McElroy on the PS though. I just want to develop QBs and benefit from it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
realtick;3757707 said:
Lol, yeah, you certainly threw down the Internet gauntlet down didn't you?

I asked you for the details already, you haven't responded. Are you going to fly me out? Are you going to pick me up at the airport? Are you going to pay for my time off work? Lol, please.

Your ridiculous "challenge" is no more impressive than saying to someone on a message board "oh yeah, if you're so tough meet me here in the next 30 minutes" knowing that nobody is going to fly halfway around the country to do so. Nevertheless, Internet commandos like yourself find solice in making such cowardly challenges.
It's real simple, make the bet worth my time and I will take care of your expenses because I have no fear whatsoever of losing the bet. But I absolutely will not take you at your word.

Or you could simply accept the fact that I do know who James Rodgers is and drop that issue. That is your call.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dogberry;3757686 said:

Miles...UDFA
Free...4th round
Kosier...7th round by Detroit
Gurode...2nd round
Davis...1st round by Arizona
Colombo...1st round by Chicago
Witten...3rd round
Roy or Dez...1st round by either Detroit or Dallas
Romo...UDFA
Gronkowski...UDFA
Barber...4th round

Spears...1st round