CFZ Aaron Donald is the missing Piece!

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys lost several one score games in the divisional round. Their last two divisional round losses to the Packers was by one score. Just in the last two seasons, they lost one score games to San Francisco in the divisional round. We’re not close to getting over the hump.
Any one score game is close.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
That’s why we got Gillmore and Cook. Two really good players who will help improve the team over last year. And that’s why they added mazi because they think he can be more than just a run stuffing NT. I wanted a guard myself because this team is better when they can run the ball. But if he can impact the passing game as well as stuff the run that’s huge. He’s not AD and likely never will be. But we don’t need him to be an alltime great. Just not a realistic expectation for any player. But he has the physical traits to be a major impact player and Quinn may just be the perfect coach to get it out of him
I don’t think it’s a stretch to think the defense can be better than last year with the additions we’ve added as well as getting most everyone back. On offense we are certainly better at WR than last year. If the oline can stay healthy we very well could be better on offense. Not necessarily stats wise but effectively managing games
You have to play the games but the D to me looks pretty nice. I’d love to have a proven guard and that could be an issue but then again they may be right about the guys we do hsve
I think the Cowboys were really savvy with the trade moves they made.

I’m just saying that they shouldn’t let worrying about re-signing Diggs/Lamb/Parsons get in the way of injecting even more talent into the club in the immediate future.

Feels like we’ve just done that over and over already, and the team is always only an A- at best.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Any one score game is close.
You might want to try following the discussion, me and the other poster weren’t talking about close games. We’re talking about getting close to winning a championship. He thinks we’re close and I don’t. Getting close is reaching title games. The Cowboys have been struggling for more than two decades to get past a divisional round playoff game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Cowboys lost several one score games in the divisional round. Their last two divisional round losses to the Packers was by one score. Just in the last two seasons, they lost one score games to San Francisco in the divisional round. We’re not close to getting over the hump.
I understand being pessimistic as a Cowboys fan, but saying we are not close to getting over the hump after the draft and FA we just had.

I think we are at least close. How close we will find out.

If we can find a way to get 1 more top DT we will be close to the top of the hump!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You might want to try following the discussion, me and the other poster weren’t talking about close games. We’re talking about getting close to winning a championship. He thinks we’re close and I don’t. Getting close is reaching title games. The Cowboys have been struggling for more than two decades to get past a divisional round playoff game.
If you make the divisional round and lose a close game to the Whiners, a team that was capable of winning the Superbowl, if they don’t lose their QB, and then you have a strong draft filling needs, and a strong FA filling more needs. I say we are now ready to contend for a title.

In other words, WE ARE CLOSE!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
How can you be close when you haven’t been past the divisional round of the playoffs in 30 years? The Cowboys didn’t even win their division last year they were a wildcard team. Our defense started off great with a tremendous pass rush and began to fade as the season went on. We got beat by two rookie QBs. We’re going to have a tough time getting past Philly the next several years. We’re having trouble getting past San Francisco in the playoffs regardless who they have at QB. We’re not close! Go check out all the power rankings and see how close everyone thinks we are. Lol
Tampa Bay with Tom Brady wasn’t in the top 10 in the Power rankings half way through the season when they won the Superbowl!
That’s why they play the games and don’t relia on Power rankings, etc. LOL

You’re such a huge follower of Power rankings. What is Dallas # 10 in the Power rankings.

I think they are closer to #1 than #10. What do you think Mr. Power Rankings?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I understand being pessimistic as a Cowboys fan, but saying we are not close to getting over the hump after the draft and FA we just had.

I think we are at least close. How close we will find out.

If we can find a way to get 1 more top DT we will be close to the top of the hump!
We have no idea what this draft or offseason will bring. There’s some that don’t like our draft. Drafts don’t guarantee anything. The two players we signed in free agency should help but they’re not long term answers. Cooks has bounced around and Gilmore only signed for one year. You think we’re close and I don’t so we disagree. I hope for the best every season, but it’s hard to feel optimistic with the Cowboys. Fans like you think they’re close every year. We’ll be getting close when we finally win a divisional round game and reach a conference title game.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think those 4 words say it all. You actually started a thread and finished telling Jerry to go get the best non QB in the league like the Rams are just going to do that. Why not get Mahomes too while we are at it. He sure would help us to get a SB. And part of why we got Haley was because he took his junk out in team meetings and pissed in a teammates sunroof. I don’t think Donald did that yet.
So a football fan on a football blog cannot speculate about trying to improve his team even if it is unlikely.

Why are you on this thread?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tampa Bay with Tom Brady wasn’t in the top 10 in the Power rankings half way through the season when they won the Superbowl!
That’s why they play the games and don’t relia on Power rankings, etc. LOL

You’re such a huge follower of Power rankings. What is Dallas # 10 in the Power rankings.

I think they are closer to #1 than #10. What do you think Mr. Power Rankings?
We don’t have Tom Brady a QB. Tampa came on at the end of the 2020 season and go hot entering the playoffs. The Cowboys are never hot entering the playoffs. They’re playing the best football by mid season and start to fizzle out.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They have Hankins and Smith at the 1 tech along with Bohanna. They also drafted Fehoko and have Osa, Golston and the one from OU at the 3 tech. Hankins, Smith, Osa, and Fehoko are locks to make the team and Golston probably will.
It has improved I think, but I would like one more proven DT through a trade. A top 10 DT type. Non of those guys are at that caliber, yet.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We don’t have Tom Brady a QB. Tampa came on at the end of the 2020 season and go hot entering the playoffs. The Cowboys are never hot entering the playoffs. They’re playing the best football by mid season and start to fizzle out.
Never say never!

Why do you watch, you already know what we will do?

Isn’t it nice to know it all?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
isThat’s why we got Gillmore and Cook. Two really good players who will help improve the team over last year. And that’s why they added mazi because they think he can be more than just a run stuffing NT. I wanted a guard myself because this team is better when they can run the ball. But if he can impact the passing game as well as stuff the run that’s huge. He’s not AD and likely never will be. But we don’t need him to be an alltime great. Just not a realistic expectation for any player. But he has the physical traits to be a major impact player and Quinn may just be the perfect coach to get it out of him
I don’t think it’s a stretch to think the defense can be better than last year with the additions we’ve added as well as getting most everyone back. On offense we are certainly better at WR than last year. If the oline can stay healthy we very well could be better on offense. Not necessarily stats wise but effectively managing games
You have to play the games but the D to me looks pretty nice. I’d love to have a proven guard and that could be an issue but then again they may be right about the guys we do hsve
Wouldn’t you love to add AD to the rotation. With our DE’s coming off the edge?
With a dominant D there is less pressure on Dak. He can relia on the D, the running game and a little play action now and then. We can win a Superbowl with Dak if he only needs to drive the bus.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'd trade Diggs for Donald today, and I LOVE Diggs on this team. It would leave us thin at corner, but imagine having guys like Micah, Lawrence, and Williams coming off the edge, Hankins or Mazi demanding double teams, and Donald creating chaos across the interior line.

Our safeties and linebackers are good enough and fast enough to swarm the ball on short passes. Anything intermediate or long is out of the question because the pocket will collapse 80% of the time. Is it necessary to have an all-pro corner with that kind of lineup?

Running up the middle would be impossible, and good luck getting to the edge with that speed on the field.

Diggs is due a big contract, and I'd imagine Donald would warrant about the same, if not a little more. Well worth the additional investment for what he brings to the table.
One of the few fans who understands how truly dominant this D can be with a dominant DT.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you make the divisional round and lose a close game to the Whiners, a team that was capable of winning the Superbowl, if they don’t lose their QB, and then you have a strong draft filling needs, and a strong FA filling more needs. I say we are now ready to contend for a title.

In other words, WE ARE CLOSE!
I've read that for years, about multiple teams, and that's generally not the case. You either get there or you don't.

The NFL is a year-to-year league. Half of last year's playoff teams won't make it this year - it's been that way for a while.

Two things have been consistent in Dallas for 27 years: never getting beyond the divisional round and the two guys running the front office. I'll believe it if/when I see it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Never say never!

Why do you watch, you already know what we will do?

Isn’t it nice to know it all?
I’m not saying they’re never going to do it. I never say never with the Cowboys but until they start getting deep in the playoffs, they’re not getting close. Whenever they reach a conference title game, I’ll start believing.

rambo2

Reaction score
It has improved I think, but I would like one more proven DT through a trade. A top 10 DT type. Non of those guys are at that caliber, yet.
I can't see them bringing in another one after they just signed Hankins and drafted 2 more. Osa isn't a bad player and they like Golston.