Aaron Donald retires

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He restructured last night to help Rams cap so he might of decided to retire earlier yesterday but the restructure gives him more. If he retired then the cap hit would tank Rams.
Very nice of him to do. Will LVE follow suit?

Motorola

Reaction score
But they just restructured his contract 3 hours ago
He will be back before the season begins
He restructured last night to help Rams cap so he might of decided to retire earlier yesterday but the restructure gives him more. If he retired then the cap hit would tank Rams.
When the notion of leaving the game enters a player's mind, many make the decision deliberate and final...while others are unsure - thus waffle \ go-back-and-forth on the choice.

Motorola

Reaction score
End of an era. One of the best I ever saw play his position. Sad to see a talent like that go.
Better Donald leaves the game a year or two early, if his heart and mind aren't 100% committed - than to hang on when the player has deteriorated - especially physically.
A sizable list of NFL Greats who lingered - despite being mere shells of themselves for many fans to pitifully watch (Johnny Unitas and Jerry Rice to name a couple).

Adreme

Reaction score
Better Donald leaves the game a year or two early, if his heart and mind aren't 100% committed - than to hang on when the player has deteriorated - especially physically.
A sizable list of NFL Greats who lingered - despite being mere shells of themselves for many fans to pitifully watch (Johnny Unitas and Jerry Rice to name a couple).
Jerry Rice being able to play 20 NFL seasons (and having an option to play a 21st but did not want to be a number 3 WR) is still one of the most impressive things I have ever heard in all of sports.

1942willys

Reaction score
Seen better:Bob Lilly Merlin Olsen and Manster
I hate to say it but Mean Joe Greene as well

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Aaron Donald had multiple sacks against every NFC team, except for 1:

screenshot-2024-01-25-at-73740-am.png

0 sacks vs Philadelphia, where Jason Kelce started every game of Aaron’s career

ghst187

Reaction score
He's only been talking about this for a few years now, I'm sure Philly could have signed him for one last run lol
I won’t be shocked if Philly or SF talk him off the couch. Either before game 1, or just before the playoffs. Their FOs are savvy.

Motorola

Reaction score
I won’t be shocked if Philly or SF talk him off the couch. Either before game 1, or just before the playoffs. Their FOs are savvy.
If Donald gets a TV gig and it good at it - that shrinks the possibility of him getting lured back into the league.
We know one of the sports media networks\outlets (national, regional, or local) will give Donald a tryout.
He might even get offers to become a coach at the pro or college level.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Understood. Just hate to see guys go is all.