Aaron Rodger over Dak in Pro Bowl is Ridiculous

superonyx

Reaction score
You're hilariously missing my first point on this.

The first issue with QBR is that it isn't transparent.

Don't know what you do for a living, but it's clear you must not work much with data.

Assuming any formula is a good formula or better than nothing, is clear evidence of not understanding data.

QB rating for example isn't a perfect formula. It doesn't take much into account, particularly strength of schedule and context, but it does factor in some of the most important data points in its formula.

As I said earlier in the thread, the Packers are 11-3 and Rodgers has a 12:1 TD to INT ratio. Dak has 2 more touchdowns overall than Rodgers but has 11 interceptions compared to 2. Dak has been largely able to pad his stats in losses, while Rodgers does not have to. It is clear as day that Rodgers is having an MVP type year here. He's been largely flawless. QBR and even QB Rating, clearly aren't reflecting that nearly enough because they both weigh things inappropriately.

In the case of QB Rating, we can see clearly statistical anomalies. TDs, yards, completion percentage, against prevent defense or when trailing by large figures have no differential. There is no strength of schedule consideration.

We could forever go through the fallacy of stats in football. How does QBR account for the strength of an opponent? Is it based on yards or points?

The Cowboys are #1 in yards on offense in the league, yet they are 5th in the league in points scored. When you consider their schedule, it is even worse. The defense has a similar stumble in yards and points. Largely because the inverse of stat padding is also true for a defense.

When you look at the context you understand why we are 1-6 against teams with winning records.
So what you should have just said is "I don't like Dak and I love Rodgers and even though I have barely watched any packers games I know that Rodgers has to be better so any stat that shows otherwise I dont agree with."

You have no clue about the amount of data I work with. You don't have the exact formula of how this stat works yet you say you don't like it. What you don't like isnt the formula. You don't agree with the results so you feel the need to bash a formula you only know very little about.

Rodgers highest rated games of the season were over the Giants, Raiders and Broncos. He threw for 422 yards in a bad loss to the Eagles where they were playing from behind.

You Dak bashers live in your own reality where you need to pretend only Dak plays against bad teams and every other QB plays against the best teams every week. The packers played Washington, Detroit twice, Giants, Raiders, Bears twice, Chargers ect. So Rodgers played his best games against these bad teams. He crapped the bed statistically against the good teams.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
and I would add that his top running back has over 350 yards less rushing than Zeke does (and people are complaining non stop on this board about how Zeke isn't "carrying his load" this year). Which would lead us to conclude that AR has significantly less help than Dak.....

One other stat that clearly jumps out on that list--
AR, 24 TD 2 INT
Dak, 26 TD, 11 INT.

When your TD are almost identical but you have 5 times as many INT's as the other guy, it isn't hard to make an argument for Rodgers.
Anyone who is "pissed" about this perceived slight is probably looking at it more emotionally than rationally.
Rodgers has receivers that don't lead the league in drops. To counter every argument you have, Dak leads the league in catchable passes. 80 percent of Daks interceptions have came on tip passes because Daks receivers couldn't catch the ball and/or defense mugging the receiver like against GB...... I'm not even including hail Mary's too end the game that resulted in picks

Rayman70

Reaction score
SAW THIS THREAD AND I HAD TO RESPOND. Yes, I AGREE 100%. But here is the blessing. DAK WILL BE EXTRA MOTIVATED. That's how he rolls. He is classy and will not say anything..but will allow his play to speak. Sunday will be interesting.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Rodgers has receivers that don't lead the league in drops. To counter every argument you have, Dak leads the league in catchable passes. 80 percent of Daks interceptions have came on tip passes because Daks receivers couldn't catch the ball and/or defense mugging the receiver like against GB...... I'm not even including hail Mary's too end the game that resulted in picks

How about Randall Cobb? I hear people complaining sometimes about "perfect" passes he drops.

Was he a "drop machine" in GB like I hear the Dak bots claim he is now?

If not, why not?
Coincidence? Suddenly forgot how to catch routine passes?

superonyx

Reaction score
How about Randall Cobb? I hear people complaining sometimes about "perfect" passes he drops.

If not, why not?
What is a Dak bot?
A cowboys fan who also likes the players on their favorite team? Or is this some attempt to be divisive and find stuff to fight with people over the internet.

Is this the kiddy stuff you kids fight about on the internet? Like the xbox vs PS, android vs apple, ford vs chevy for the older folks.
Or are you insecure about people having different opinions than you have so you need to put people into a box for your own ego?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

If not, why not?
When we traded for Cooper all I heard from you guys is how he is a drop machine. He dropped 1 pass last season with Dak.

Coincidence? Suddenly he is catching routine passes?

And yes Cobb dropped passes in GB too

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I usually don't start post but this really has me pissed. Aaron Rodgers is behind Dak in relatively EVERY Category/STAT they keep for NFL QBs and he beats out Dak for the Pro Bowl. Now I know its sometimes a popularity contest and I know that if its close then you go with the all pro. Maybe its about the winning record, but don't tell me DAK hasn't outplayed Aaron Rodgers this season. I aint crying but this is some BS. Dak has nearly a thousand more yards passing.

Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
2 Dak Prescott DAL QB 340 519 65.5 37.1 4,334 8.4 309.6 26 11 204 39.3 62 61 13 18 99.3
11 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 300 474 63.3 33.9 3,463 7.3 247.4 24 2 157 33.1 74T 47 12 32 100.4

laughable that anyone would even question Rogers over dak. And with the packers sitting at 11-3 and cowboys laboring at 7-7. Lol

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What is a Dak bot?
A cowboys fan who also likes the players on their favorite team? Or is this some attempt to be divisive and find stuff to fight with people over the internet.

Is this the kiddy stuff you kids fight about on the internet? Like the xbox vs PS, android vs apple, ford vs chevy for the older folks.
Or are you insecure about people having different opinions than you have so you need to put people into a box for your own ego?

Sure.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
When we traded for Cooper all I heard from you guys is how he is a drop machine. He dropped 1 pass last season with Dak.

Coincidence? Suddenly he is catching routine passes?

And yes Cobb dropped passes in GB too

You sure?

I keep hearing over and over on here how he's dropping easy catches all the time and "letting Dak down"

Not saying you are saying this, but others certainly are

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So what you should have just said is "I don't like Dak and I love Rodgers and even though I have barely watched any packers games I know that Rodgers has to be better so any stat that shows otherwise I dont agree with."

You have no clue about the amount of data I work with. You don't have the exact formula of how this stat works yet you say you don't like it. What you don't like isnt the formula. You don't agree with the results so you feel the need to bash a formula you only know very little about.

Rodgers highest rated games of the season were over the Giants, Raiders and Broncos. He threw for 422 yards in a bad loss to the Eagles where they were playing from behind.

You Dak bashers live in your own reality where you need to pretend only Dak plays against bad teams and every other QB plays against the best teams every week. The packers played Washington, Detroit twice, Giants, Raiders, Bears twice, Chargers ect. So Rodgers played his best games against these bad teams. He crapped the bed statistically against the good teams.

Odd you would include the Bears as their D is considered solid at least and Dak was pretty awful against them.

superonyx

Reaction score
Odd you would include the Bears as their D is considered solid at least and Dak was pretty awful against them.
Not that odd. They are a bad team.
AND Rodgers had the 2nd and 4th worst passing games against the Bears this season. Both games he threw for less than 200 yards.

These lies some cowboys fans keep repeating in an attempt to discredit their own QB is getting weird. Pretending they can pull out the performances against bad teams for Dak but not every other QB is disingenuous.

this place just shows that people just need crap to fight over and people to fight with. The lengths people go in order to try to convince someone they don’t even know to like something less is getting sad.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not that odd. They are a bad team.
AND Rodgers had the 2nd and 4th worst passing games against the Bears this season. Both games he threw for less than 200 yards.

These lies some cowboys fans keep repeating in an attempt to discredit their own QB is getting weird. Pretending they can pull out the performances against bad teams for Dak but not every other QB is disingenuous.

this place just shows that people just need crap to fight over and people to fight with. The lengths people go in order to try to convince someone they don’t even know to like something less is getting sad.

They are not a bad team. They are a mediocre team. There defense is certainly not bad (and that's what matters here). So yes, very odd. Especially when you factor in how awful Dak was.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I usually don't start post but this really has me pissed. Aaron Rodgers is behind Dak in relatively EVERY Category/STAT they keep for NFL QBs and he beats out Dak for the Pro Bowl. Now I know its sometimes a popularity contest and I know that if its close then you go with the all pro. Maybe its about the winning record, but don't tell me DAK hasn't outplayed Aaron Rodgers this season. I aint crying but this is some BS. Dak has nearly a thousand more yards passing.

Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
2 Dak Prescott DAL QB 340 519 65.5 37.1 4,334 8.4 309.6 26 11 204 39.3 62 61 13 18 99.3
11 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 300 474 63.3 33.9 3,463 7.3 247.4 24 2 157 33.1 74T 47 12 32 100.4
Eh, if I had a team I'd want AR over Dak any day.
AR has leadership qualities higher than Dak.

superonyx

Reaction score
They are not a bad team. They are a mediocre team. There defense is certainly not bad (and that's what matters here). So yes, very odd. Especially when you factor in how awful Dak was.
Your inability to understand a point doesn’t make the point bad. Just your comprehension. Work on it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Your inability to understand a point doesn’t make the point bad. Just your comprehension. Work on it.
I understand valid points. Your inability to make a valid point, and clear inability to even try to articulate your poor points does noy make them valid.

Keep ignoring all the valid points illustrating why your point is poor. It only makes you look worse.