Aaron Rodger over Dak in Pro Bowl is Ridiculous

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You can go to ESPN and see pass rush win rate. It's just as easy as going to FO, which just crunches sack and pressure numbers to come up with their OL pass rankings.

Then post the ESPN link, why go to a Twitter rando who has his blog behind a paywall? And I'm not exactly big on ESPN's stuff either, but at least they TRIED (and failed) to explain their formulas

You can also read about how they go about ranking pass blocking here: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/glossary#asr

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Then post the ESPN link, why go to a Twitter rando who has his blog behind a paywall? And I'm not exactly big on ESPN's stuff either, but at least they TRIED (and failed) to explain their formulas
Because it displayed all the teams next to each other in a nice format.
You don't like it since it's better than the source you used and it doesn't comply with your agenda. Sucks to suck.

Being able to see how often the OL beat their man for 2.5 seconds gives full responsibility to the OL. Just crunching pressures and sacks includes the QB at that point.

You failed, they didn't.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Because it displayed all the teams next to each other in a nice format.
You don't like it since it's better than the source you used and it doesn't comply with your agenda. Sucks to suck.

Being able to see how often the OL beat their man for 2.5 seconds gives full responsibility to the OL. Just crunching pressures and sacks includes the QB at that point.

You failed, they didn't.

I asked for the better source - I have no idea who you posted the tweet of, I've never heard of them - I then go to their site, and it's blocked behind a paywall. I have no idea about their credibility, I have no idea who the person is, I have no idea how they go about adjusting or determining anything. I posted a link to the site I used, I have even provided you with their explanation about how they go about ranking pass blocking (it's more than what you're suggesting)

I have even asked you to provide me a link to ESPN's pass blocking stats. Which, I can't actually seem to find outside of individual performances (Both GB and DAL have 2 offensive lineman ranked highly by ESPN)

You provided one link thus far, and that was to a Twitter rando.

EDIT: Since you couldn't do it, here it is where they rank O-Line pass block win rates https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

So now, it's down to two conflicting sources. (one that I had to provide for you, because laziness) - Now, you can go ahead and post me where ESPN explains how they go about this.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It doesnt make it a bad one either.
It takes game situations into account. Show me where its not good.

Tell me how it takes game situations into account. How you weigh something matters just as much as whether you weight it or not.

Would you rather have 1 lb of gold or 1 lb of a rice? People mistake QBR as a good weigh measurement system without knowing how it measures things.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I asked for the better source - I have no idea who you posted the tweet of, I've never heard of them - I then go to their site, and it's blocked behind a paywall. I have no idea about their credibility, I have no idea who the person is, I have no idea how they go about adjusting or determining anything. I posted a link to the site I used, I have even provided you with their explanation about how they go about ranking pass blocking (it's more than what you're suggesting)

I have even asked you to provide me a link to ESPN's pass blocking stats. Which, I can't actually seem to find outside of individual performances (Both GB and DAL have 2 offensive lineman ranked highly by ESPN)

You provided one link thus far, and that was to a Twitter rando.

EDIT: Since you couldn't do it, here it is where they rank O-Line pass block win rates https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

So now, it's down to two conflicting sources. (one that I had to provide for you, because laziness) - Now, you can go ahead and post me where ESPN explains how they go about this.

It was literally in the link you gave lol

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ushing-stats-analytics-explainer-faq-how-work

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Did you actually read the edit or speed read as usual? You also did this with FO, their "adjusted sacks" are not just determining the sack in general - they are factoring in everything from yards/distance to quality of opponent.

But if you thought so highly of the ESPN data, you would have posted that initially rather than some no-name behind a paywall. You're lazy, dude. We're done here.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Did you actually read the edit or speed read as usual? You also did this with FO, their "adjusted sacks" are not just determining the sack in general - they are factoring in everything from yards/distance to quality of opponent.

But if you thought so highly of the ESPN data, you would have posted that initially rather than some no-name behind a paywall. You're lazy, dude. We're done here.
Lol don't lecture me on reading as you didn't read the link I just gave. You're lazy.

You lost. I accept your white flag

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
Everyone thinks Rodgers is the one Dak should have replaced. I say Brees. He missed 5 games and his team didn't miss him at all. Which says more about the team than the player

superonyx

Reaction score
Tell me how it takes game situations into account. How you weigh something matters just as much as whether you weight it or not.

Would you rather have 1 lb of gold or 1 lb of a rice? People mistake QBR as a good weigh measurement system without knowing how it measures things.
Read up and you will gain an understanding. Read what makes up QBR and then come back and we can discuss the flaws and why they should or should not be ignored.

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo...-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

Qcard

Reaction score
I usually don't start post but this really has me pissed. Aaron Rodgers is behind Dak in relatively EVERY Category/STAT they keep for NFL QBs and he beats out Dak for the Pro Bowl. Now I know its sometimes a popularity contest and I know that if its close then you go with the all pro. Maybe its about the winning record, but don't tell me DAK hasn't outplayed Aaron Rodgers this season. I aint crying but this is some BS. Dak has nearly a thousand more yards passing.

Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
2 Dak Prescott DAL QB 340 519 65.5 37.1 4,334 8.4 309.6 26 11 204 39.3 62 61 13 18 99.3
11 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 300 474 63.3 33.9 3,463 7.3 247.4 24 2 157 33.1 74T 47 12 32 100.4
Aaron Rodgers has Prima Nocte over Cowboy's QB1 until the franchise grows a pair against that "Bad Man"

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Everyone thinks Rodgers is the one Dak should have replaced. I say Brees. He missed 5 games and his team didn't miss him at all. Which says more about the team than the player

His team didn't miss him at all?
Pretty strong statement.....

Bridgewater started 5 games and played most of the 6th game (vs Seattle) after Brees got hurt very early in the game.
In 3 of those 6 games, they scored at/under 13 points as an offense (half the time, scoring 13 or less points).

In the 8 games that Brees played all/most of the snaps, they were under 26 points only 1 time and were over 30 points all but two of those games.

Brees is amazing. I cannot see how anyone would be of the opinion that he's window dressing, or that he "isn't missed" when he's not on the field.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why not?

Zeke is second in NFC in rushing. What’s your criteria?
Zeke is 3rd, btw
anyway......
  • McCaffery was a runaway, by far, best this year. Dude will end up with well over 2000 yards
  • Dalvin Cook has been pretty great too
So those where the two easy choices

My guess is the debate was between
  • #2 rusher Chris Carson of Seattle and #3 rusher Zeke...
They were about equal, but I think Zeke has been better with more TDs and far less fumbles.