Aaron Rodgers anyone?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If anyone cares to look up what the cap hit would be for GB to trade him we can end this debate there.

You right he's isn't going anywhere ...........for at least a year, maybe two but make no mistake, drafting Love clearly put him on notice. As Peter King said, they can let Love sit a min three years before looking at the 5th option decision that would pay him like $21M. Do you wanna let sit for 3 years, start for 1 and pay $21M.

What's interesting about this move is why wait until the 2021 draft for a QB. To make it now with your elite QB in the middle of a recently extended deal, knowing it going to tee him off. Why wait to shave another year off his Roger contract .....no harm, no foul. The fact, they did this now tells me something the HC and GM have decided, the hell with his ego/feelings we are moving on as soon as we can get out this deal with min financial impact. My guess, this will blow open within the next couple of years.

dckid

Reaction score
The team isn’t willing to make Dak the highest paid player in the league. They’re sold on him but not for the kind of money he’s looking for. Aaron Rodgers is better than Dak but his best years are behind him and there’s a lot of reports that he and McCarthy didn’t have a good relationship. You can’t build a future with an aging QB especially one who didn’t see eye to eye with McCarthy.
Ok. I understand what you are saying. All I am saying is always look to improve your team. We are not tied to Dak. We could move off of him very easily and Aaron Rodgers is a very nice choice.

dckid

Reaction score
Define good? Was Aikman's career 61.5% completions, 165 TD's/141 INT's good? Or is he not held to the same standard that Dak get's here? But i'm guessing Aikman didn't have any flaws by Dak haters here. Big shock. And I followed Aikman's entire career.
Three Superbowls. What is wrong with you? Ailman was a perennial pro bowler. Let’s not confuse the issue. Rodgers would be an upgrade over Dak. Period

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Apparently some here have been living under a rock.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-with-former-packers-coach-mike-mccarthy/amp/

Hey, who follows GB?

But maybe that will put the kibosh on the Rodgers to Dallas talk. For those who didn't click the link, the title is:
Aaron Rodgers apparently had toxic 13-year relationship with former Packers coach Mike McCarthy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok. I understand what you are saying. All I am saying is always look to improve your team. We are not tied to Dak. We could move off of him very easily and Aaron Rodgers is a very nice choice.

You’re not going to improve your team by bringing in an aging QB and reuniting them with a head coach that they didn’t see eye to eye with. The last two seasons McCarthy and Rodgers spent together were losing seasons. That was not a good marriage.

dckid

Reaction score
You’re not going to improve your team by bringing in an aging QB and reuniting them with a head coach that they didn’t see eye to eye with. The last two seasons McCarthy and Rodgers spent together were losing seasons. That was not a good marriage.
I guess signing Manning after two neck surgeries and the Colts cut him was a mistake by the Broncos.
If Jerry wants a SB then a move like this will put him over the top.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys,
Yes this is just me spitballing here. Don’t just shoot me down. What would it take to get Rodgers in Dallas.
I don’t see how this Jordan Love situation is going to get any better. Teams don’t draft rookie QB’s in the first round to sit in the bench. It’s too much of a financial benefit to ignore. The Packers have already paid the bulk of his contract. I would offer a first and third and have 5 good years of Rodgers.
Rodgers will play past 40 where better to end his career than Dallas. He will have the weapons and yes I know it did not end well with McCarthy but they did win a SB together @ Jerryworld.
Guys this is the time to pounce when you see weakness. We are not tied to Dak. The cost for this year will not be anymore than what we pay Dak.
Yeah! What's the worst that cold happen?

sports-fails-gifs-bike-ramp.gif

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Define good? Was Aikman's career 61.5% completions, 165 TD's/141 INT's good? Or is he not held to the same standard that Dak get's here? But i'm guessing Aikman didn't have any flaws by Dak haters here. Big shock. And I followed Aikman's entire career.
I would define good by “better than average”.
I don’t think dak Prescott is better than average. Bc he throws really ****** passes and he can’t take anything the defense doesn’t give him.

Im aware why you brought up Troy aikman. Lame tactic. It’s 2020

basel90

Reaction score
Accuracy isn't an upgrade. Last 2 seasons - Rodgers 62% completions. Dak was off late last season only because of the bad shoulder.
all players have some sort of injuries , aaron's accuracy is far superior than dak. don't pay too much attention to stats , many of dak's numbers were in garbage time or comeback attempts . Pus dak had a much superior supporting offensive players.

jnday

Reaction score
This is a silly argument. Aikman played under a totally different set of rules. Those rules didn’t protect the QB and they didn’t limit the defense from physical play. To make the comparison is being unrealistic due to the huge changes in the game.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Rodgers/MM relationship is by far not the reason this cant happen.

The cap hit would be absurd for GB.

See....THAT is why I have NO clue why Jerry is so hesitant on a short term deal w Prescott.

Longer the term, the more guaranteed money, the more impossible it is to get out of for the team.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Guys,
Yes this is just me spitballing here. Don’t just shoot me down. What would it take to get Rodgers in Dallas.
I don’t see how this Jordan Love situation is going to get any better. Teams don’t draft rookie QB’s in the first round to sit in the bench. It’s too much of a financial benefit to ignore. The Packers have already paid the bulk of his contract. I would offer a first and third and have 5 good years of Rodgers.
Rodgers will play past 40 where better to end his career than Dallas. He will have the weapons and yes I know it did not end well with McCarthy but they did win a SB together @ Jerryworld.
Guys this is the time to pounce when you see weakness. We are not tied to Dak. The cost for this year will not be anymore than what we pay Dak.
You do realize they did the same exact thing with Farve?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Guys,

HELL NO...…………...I dont want that POS anywhere near my team.

I would rather just lose every game and draft the Clemson kid next year if we are moving on from Dak.

dckid

Reaction score
This is a silly argument. Aikman played under a totally different set of rules. Those rules didn’t protect the QB and they didn’t limit the defense from physical play. To make the comparison is being unrealistic due to the huge changes in the game.
Of course! Dak ain’t half the QB Aikman was.

dckid

Reaction score
all players have some sort of injuries , aaron's accuracy is far superior than dak. don't pay too much attention to stats , many of dak's numbers were in garbage time or comeback attempts . Pus dak had a much superior supporting offensive players.
Agree 100%.
Jerry strike while you have the chance.