Aaron Rodgers anyone?

conner01

Reaction score
Guys,
Yes this is just me spitballing here. Don’t just shoot me down. What would it take to get Rodgers in Dallas.
I don’t see how this Jordan Love situation is going to get any better. Teams don’t draft rookie QB’s in the first round to sit in the bench. It’s too much of a financial benefit to ignore. The Packers have already paid the bulk of his contract. I would offer a first and third and have 5 good years of Rodgers.
Rodgers will play past 40 where better to end his career than Dallas. He will have the weapons and yes I know it did not end well with McCarthy but they did win a SB together @ Jerryworld.
Guys this is the time to pounce when you see weakness. We are not tied to Dak. The cost for this year will not be anymore than what we pay Dak.
Rodgers set
Love will too

conner01

Reaction score
We'd have to give up half our team to get him and he's old as dirt, I'd rather just go into the season with Dak under the tag.
We couldn’t take his cap hit
And they aren’t cutting him with that hit
If love works out they can move on after next year for just a small 17 mil hit
Today it’s 31m

conner01

Reaction score
We'd have to give up half our team to get him and he's old as dirt, I'd rather just go into the season with Dak under the tag.
Fantasy
He has a 31 mil cap hit this year
He’s not going anywhere

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The situation was different. Rogers was, until the morning of the draft, the consensus #1 pick. There was a big debate between he and Alex Smith but most people thought it would be him. Then he falls all the way to #25 and the Packers grabbed him (much as we thanked our lucky stars and scooped up a falling blue chipper on Thursday).

With Love, they TRADED UP to take Jordan Love. This is a team without weapons. Instead of grabbing him one of the top guys in a deep WR class, they draft his replacement. Then they fail to grab anyone at WR for the rest of the draft when everyone knows they had a big need there.

Rodgers is probably a jerk. But anyone would be pissed if they were him at what the Packers FO did this weekend. It's like they were intentionally provoking him.

It's exactly what I think they are doing intentionally...........

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Guys,
Yes this is just me spitballing here. Don’t just shoot me down. What would it take to get Rodgers in Dallas.
I don’t see how this Jordan Love situation is going to get any better. Teams don’t draft rookie QB’s in the first round to sit in the bench. It’s too much of a financial benefit to ignore. The Packers have already paid the bulk of his contract. I would offer a first and third and have 5 good years of Rodgers.
Rodgers will play past 40 where better to end his career than Dallas. He will have the weapons and yes I know it did not end well with McCarthy but they did win a SB together @ Jerryworld.
Guys this is the time to pounce when you see weakness. We are not tied to Dak. The cost for this year will not be anymore than what we pay Dak.
The trade will never happen but we would Super Bowl favorites with Rodgers,

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would love Rodgers but agreed, we already have one too many d bags on this team. His initials are EE and he likes to carry murses.
You can’t help yourself with Zeke and his man purse. Wait to get to see CeeDee Lamb. He looked prettier then his mother, sister, and girlfriend.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I'd take Rodgers if he came over for 10m per year. That would allow us to get talent that he wouldn't complain about, maybe.

Otherwise, he can be the whiny ***** in GB.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
If it was merely a matter of signing him in free agency, I'd be all over this thought... and mind you, I've been a consistent Dak advocate. But Brady's durability and productivity over time persuades me that Rodgers has 5 more decent years in him, and that's said to be about the length of the commitment we'd be making to Dak.

But it's not, of course (ie, merely a matter of free agency signing).

And the price of trade demand just seems to me to be unlikely to be tempting. I'd rather pay Dak and have the assets we have than to lose assets and pay Rodgers something in the same ballpark.
Trade GB Dak and throw in Cooper Rush for good measure!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Guys,
Screenshot-20200426-200004-Pics-Art.jpg

morat1959

Reaction score
Profoundly dumb idea.

Replace Dak with a guy who is 10 years older and near the end of his career, who has a salty relationship with our new coach (no way he gets fired if Rodgers didn't sign off on that move), who will cost similar money plus the draft picks just to trade for him.

The Never-Dak crowd is really desperate and embarrassing themselves. One day you all want to just rescind the franchise tag and let him walk to spite him or punish him for wanting to get paid. (As if walking into a starting job in New England is punishment.) The rhetoric, for a time, was attempting to claim it's nothing personal against Dak, it's just a fundamental belief that paying big money to a QB is a losing proposition. Which, fine. But then the next day, you all want to give guys near the end of their career the same money just to make it clear that it was never about not wanting to "overpay" the QB position. It was just about your inner discomfort at seeing someone like Dak get paid big money this whole time.

Ugh.

Our fans are the worst.
It’s not about anything you say. It’s about fans wanting to win a SB. We don’t have a snowballs chance in $&@ of winning one with your boyfriend Dak under C.

morat1959

Reaction score
Profoundly dumb idea.

Replace Dak with a guy who is 10 years older and near the end of his career, who has a salty relationship with our new coach (no way he gets fired if Rodgers didn't sign off on that move), who will cost similar money plus the draft picks just to trade for him.

The Never-Dak crowd is really desperate and embarrassing themselves. One day you all want to just rescind the franchise tag and let him walk to spite him or punish him for wanting to get paid. (As if walking into a starting job in New England is punishment.) The rhetoric, for a time, was attempting to claim it's nothing personal against Dak, it's just a fundamental belief that paying big money to a QB is a losing proposition. Which, fine. But then the next day, you all want to give guys near the end of their career the same money just to make it clear that it was never about not wanting to "overpay" the QB position. It was just about your inner discomfort at seeing someone like Dak get paid big money this whole time.

Ugh.

Our fans are the worst.
It’s not about anything you say. It’s about fans wanting to win a SB. We don’t have a snowballs chance in $&@ of winning one with your boyfriend Dak under C.