Abandoning the Run

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
I think they know they not gong to run the ball. With the new receiver. We will be seeing a lot of five wide sets with quick passes. Essentially using the passing game to run the ball.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think they know they not gong to run the ball. With the new receiver. We will be seeing a lot of five wide sets with quick passes. Essentially using the passing game to run the ball.
We started running the ball with Dowdle in the mix and ended up getting penalties and called back. It’s a back breaker on a drive when you start running for 5 to 10 yards a clip and getting confidence and then end up running a long one on 1st down and called back for a 1st and 20 knowing they are going to stack the line..

75boyz

Reaction score
We started running the ball with Dowdle in the mix and ended up getting penalties and called back. It’s a back breaker on a drive when you start running for 5 to 10 yards a clip and getting confidence and then end up running a long one on 1st down and called back for a 1st and 20 knowing they are going to stack the line..
That's what I saw too.

BUT...
They(McCarthy, Schott & Solari) still don't understand how to plan a consistent complimentary running game based on personnel and scheme.

It's what I thought McCheese ran Moore outta town for.

Run the damn ball and rest the defense?

Yeah, right.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They won't abandon it. Even though its horrible, they have to keep it in the game plan. They may need to get creative (haha) and run from some spread out formations as they're not overpowering anyone.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
what new receiver? Bryant? He's a practice squad guy for now.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What I have seen is that Pollard is being used like Zeke was used - run him up the gut over and over and over. Pollard wasn't used like that last season and he was successful, so I don't understand the mindset of trying to turn him in a battering ram like Zeke.

pitt33

Reaction score
This team desperately needs to get the running game going. The coaching staff is putting too much pressure on Prescott.

John813

Reaction score
Bryant hasn't played in half a decade in the NFL. He bounced around minor leagues. It'll be some time before you see him I would guess.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys are top 4 on percentage of time that 2nd downs are a run play...