Abandoning the Run

DuncanIso

Reaction score
McCarthy has to find a way to get this run game on track, they still have time to get, but it takes dedication (sticking with it).

This OL needs to attack defenses, and that comes with repetition, and then pass blocking will be much easier for them.
We dont have an elite RB.

We went through this in 2015.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I get it, yet they still have to try or Dak will be under pressure for the rest of the season.
I think we are pretty much screwed at this point.

Huge mistake letting Big Mike run the offense.

Bad news for big Mike.

Our next HC currently runs the defense.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think we are pretty much screwed at this point.

Huge mistake letting Big Mike run the offense.

Bad news for big Mike.

Our next HC currently runs the defense.
:lmao2:you might be right.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
They love to run that stupid Shotgun draw with a pulling OG. The play hardly ever gets any push and Pollard is left fighting to get 1-2 yards..........
I agree totally. It was a waste with Zeke and it's a waste with Pollard.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This Oline is not being coached up to their potential. Too fat. Too slow. Don't fire out, stay low and drive. They hold the opponent's shoulder pads because they are simply too slow.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This Oline is not being coached up to their potential. Too fat. Too slow. Don't fire out, stay low and drive. They hold the opponent's shoulder pads because they are simply too slow.
The problem ain’t Solari.

His resume is impressive.

Take a look at who is running the Offense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think they know they not gong to run the ball. With the new receiver. We will be seeing a lot of five wide sets with quick passes. Essentially using the passing game to run the ball.
We need our passing game to set up the run game. Plain and simple. Starting the game against the Eagles, with back to back run plays, setting up a 3rd and long, resulting in a 3 and out was asinine.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
An elite RB makes an OL look great.

A scrub RB does the opposite.
I've never seen a RB that could run through a brick wall. If no initial hole is opened up, that elite RB is going to have a very difficult time making his OL look great. Oh I understand what you're saying, but they still have to create an initial hole. Our OL is not doing a good job of that.

CWR

Reaction score
I think they know they not gong to run the ball. With the new receiver. We will be seeing a lot of five wide sets with quick passes. Essentially using the passing game to run the ball.

They are already under utilizing Cooks. They need to be throwing more screens to our speedsters to supplement the run. Just find a way to get those guys and TP in space.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
That's what I saw too.

BUT...
They(McCarthy, Schott & Solari) still don't understand how to plan a consistent complimentary running game based on personnel and scheme.

It's what I thought McCheese ran Moore outta town for.

Run the damn ball and rest the defense?

Yeah, right.
yep, I thought people were crying about Moore not running the ball. smh and shrugs

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sadly, we are now a 1-dimensional team on offence, good lad. Good passing, low-yardage running game.
I beseech Quinn and his D and special teams to be extra active and help us out on the stretch.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Guess it was not Zeke last year, when he would go for 3 or 2 yards up the middle, on this board it was Zeke has lost it. Now this year when Pollard gets 3 yards and a cloud of dust, it is the OL is terrible, what is it and was it?
Zeke did lose it. There is no denying that. He still sucks with the Patriots.

shabazz

Reaction score
Meh, they'll keep running Pollard into the bollards. Jerry wants his money worth.
He literally rushed just 12 times last game and I don’t think he’s had a 100 yard game yet.

If the “ bollards” means soft and cushy, I’m with you 100%

75boyz

Reaction score
The problem ain’t Solari.

His resume is impressive.

Take a look at who is running the Offense.
I share your opinion on McCarthy.

But I just think Solari sucks as well.
And I remember your post history opinion on Philbin which I also agreed with.
But at the very least Philbin made Steele into something from nothing but now, who knows what to think with Steele.
I think he still ain't fully recovered from the acl.

But back to Solari, he had a good start to his career in the 90s and coached different schemes but for the last 7 years he kinda sucked.
PFF grades for his lines when with the Giants and Seahawks were:
Giants- '16/'17 (20th & 26th)
Seahawks- '18-'21(17, 27, 14, 25)
To include being fired in 2022 and without a job the whole year.

I just cant give him a free pass based off simple name recognition because his current oline is not producing imo.
He feels more like a Nolan hire to me at this point.

No worries though man, opinions vary I guess.

Last edited: