Abandoning the Run

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think they know they not gong to run the ball. With the new receiver. We will be seeing a lot of five wide sets with quick passes. Essentially using the passing game to run the ball.
which new receiver?

and if we don't fix the running game, then we have no chance. Dak is not Mahomes or Brady and we can't pass our way to anything.

and it starts with the OL, which also leads to crappy pass protection issues we have seen.

kskboys

Reaction score
We don't have a RB w/ whom we can establish a running game. Polly is the type that has a lot of runs for 0-2 yds and then has a long run every once in a while to drive his average up. Those 1-3 long runs/game don't make up for all the short runs.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
which new receiver?

and if we don't fix the running game, then we have no chance. Dak is not Mahomes or Brady and we can't pass our way to anything.

and it starts with the OL, which also leads to crappy pass protection issues we have seen.
Did you miss we just signed martavius bryant

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think they know they not gong to run the ball. With the new receiver. We will be seeing a lot of five wide sets with quick passes. Essentially using the passing game to run the ball.
It doesnt work vs zone.

Cards DC figured it out.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Guess it was not Zeke last year, when he would go for 3 or 2 yards up the middle, on this board it was Zeke has lost it. Now this year when Pollard gets 3 yards and a cloud of dust, it is the OL is terrible, what is it and was it?
yup.

Tony is gone after the season.

no way they cut him another big $ check.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did you miss we just signed martavius bryant
a guy who has been out of the league for 5 years!!. is over 30!!. doesn't know the offense!!. I take Brooks/Turpin over Him at this point.

also, I am not a big fan of 5 wideout sets....probably less than 5% of total plays at highest. so I don't see him as any type of contributor at this point. its a wild shot, for a guy on PS and lets see if we can get anything out of him. I don't count on him at all

DuncanIso

Reaction score
a guy who has been out of the league for 5 years!!. is over 30!!. doesn't know the offense!!. I take Brooks/Turpin over Him at this point.

also, I am not a big fan of 5 wideout sets....probably less than 5% of total plays at highest. so I don't see him as any type of contributor at this point. its a wild shot, for a guy on PS and lets see if we can get anything out of him. I don't count on him at all
I see what you mean.

It seems late in the season to be trying to fix things too.

What a mess.

Loso86

Reaction score
He will be on the PS for a few games has to get acclimated. With that being said we will be passing more anyway because we just CANNOT run the ball

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They love to un that stupid Shotgun draw with a pulling OG. The play hardly ever gets any push and Pollard is left fighting to get 1-2 yards.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They will run, not effectively but they will still run. I doubt they do much 5 wide, bryant changes nothing.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The next 2 opponents(NYG-CAR) are in the bottom 1/3 in rushing yards allowed per game. Maybe they get things going, at least temporarily...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cowboys are top 4 on percentage of time that 2nd downs are a run play...
I think where it’s help the most is the red zone

F-cWdGzaQAAtAf1

This list is pretty close to proportionate to each team’s confidence in their run game, particularly the closer you get to the goalline.

Hunter Luepke has the lone rushing TD by a Dallas RB since week 1.

Mr_437

Reaction score
McCarthy has to find a way to get this run game on track, they still have time to get, but it takes dedication (sticking with it).

This OL needs to attack defenses, and that comes with repetition, and then pass blocking will be much easier for them.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We don't have a RB w/ whom we can establish a running game. Polly is the type that has a lot of runs for 0-2 yds and then has a long run every once in a while to drive his average up. Those 1-3 long runs/game don't make up for all the short runs.
His speed is gone.