About Chaz Green

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The book on him was he had durability issues which caused him to fall in the draft. He started practicing with the team last Nov and here we are in mid June and he appears out of shape having to leave practice in back to back days. This is not a good sign.

First, he didn't leave practice for the cramp. It happened during post-practice stretching. Dez has had to leave the middle of games to get an IV for cramping, so cramping after practice is no big deal and pretty commonplace.

Second, the cramp happened on June 8th, so no it wasn't back to back practice days.

This second time it was dehydration (which leads to cramps), indicating that he had been working hard in the Texas heat. Not a bad thing and probably closer to a good sign.

RS12

Reaction score
  • Chaz Green will not beat Doug Free out for his job at right tackle – it just will not happen. Where Green needs to focus is trying to beat Charles Brownout for that job as the swing tackle. Where Green has struggled the most is with his movement in these practices. I thought he was a much better foot athlete during his time at Florida, but he hadn’t shown that until practice on Wednesday. Up until this point, his feet and hands weren’t on the same page. He was often off balance and in poor blocking position. There were snaps where the rusher had managed to grab the edge on him and he was defenseless to do anything about it. But things came together for him both on the left and right sides, which was good to see. His balance and body position were not all over the place and he was tighter with his set which gave him a chance to be more competitive.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...aths-big-day-andy-jones-stands-out-more-notes

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
First, he didn't leave practice for the cramp. It happened during post-practice stretching. Dez has had to leave the middle of games to get an IV for cramping, so cramping after practice is no big deal and pretty commonplace.

Second, the cramp happened on June 8th, so no it wasn't back to back practice days.

This second time it was dehydration (which leads to cramps), indicating that he had been working hard in the Texas heat. Not a bad thing and probably closer to a good sign.

Not to change the subject, but Dez's cramping IS a big deal. They need to figure out what they need to do to avoid that happening. If it was rare, I'd understand, but it's become a regular occurrence.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
The book on him was he had durability issues which caused him to fall in the draft. He started practicing with the team last Nov and here we are in mid June and he appears out of shape having to leave practice in back to back days. This is not a good sign.

There was a couple of photos floating around here a month or two ago, that showed him working out on a treadmill. Dude has lost a bunch of weight from last year, and completely remade his body. Dehydrated does not mean out of shape. I would imagine he, like several players are not in playing condition which caused cramps etc. Go back and look for the picks, he is a big man who has dropped the weight and remade his flabby body for muscle. Now, will that relate to play on the field ? Don't know, but the dedication he has already shown to transform his body is a sign in the right direction ...
If he becomes the swing tackle this year, and competes for Free's job next year. I'm all for it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

So he got a cramp stretching that makes all the difference. lol Yes it wasn't back to back days it just feels like it's everyday with him. It's not a good sign that we keep talking about this especially a player that slipped in the draft due to durability issues. The next tweet about him may have to do with a tummy ache. He's the only one that's been reported to have cramps and be dehydrated.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but Dez's cramping IS a big deal. They need to figure out what they need to do to avoid that happening. If it was rare, I'd understand, but it's become a regular occurrence.

I agree. There has to be a way to pre-hydrate him or something before games.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This is just you wanting to keep this argument going because you have a pattern that never changes. You're asking why bring up a pattern and what does it mean when I already documented it earlier in the thread. The pattern means all we've heard about with Green up to this point was his hip injury last June and him walking off the practice field this June with a cramp. The only news about him since he arrived has been an injury and ailment. Last June the only discussion about him was his hip injury. It was reported he would be limited in camp but the next news we here he was put on PUP and we discussed that.

This year all we've talked about with him was his return from his hip injury and we're on the 10th page of a thread started because he had a cramp at OTA's. We've yet to discuss anything concerning his play and performance. If this pattern continues it's certainly not going to lead to anything good with him but it's early and patterns can change. The significance of the pattern he's followed so far will keep him from battling for a starting job. If all we keep hearing about is him coming off the practice field with something and never anything about his performance he won't pan out.

SO in that wall of text all we get is 'not going to lead to anything good.' Well that and a lot more martyrdom.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I agree. There has to be a way to pre-hydrate him or something before games.

It sounds to me like he has issues hydrating and otherwise loading up before practice. IF he's lost weight he's likely eating less. He needs to adjust to that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Cramps are caused by dehydration. It's not something that needs to be figured out. Dez just needs to do a better job of keeping himself hydrated.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Dez just needs to save some of the energy he burns on the sidelines for the field. The last time I can remember him receiving an IV was after a sideline rant and the next thing you know he was headed to the locker room.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
So he got a cramp stretching that makes all the difference. lol Yes it wasn't back to back days it just feels like it's everyday with him. It's not a good sign that we keep talking about this especially a player that slipped in the draft due to durability issues. The next tweet about him may have to do with a tummy ache.

You said back to back days, so I was just letting you know that it was actually 8 days apart.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Cramps are caused by dehydration. It's not something that needs to be figured out. Dez just needs to do a better job of keeping himself hydrated.

Fluids are a part of it, but as a person that's susceptible to muscle cramps himself, it's not just about staying hydrated.

I remember hearing that Dez works himself too hard in warmups as well, which could be part of why he's cramping and also why he can seem to burn out late in games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said back to back days, so I was just letting you know that it was actually 8 days apart.

I said it because it felt like back to back days. It's hard to keep track with him it's either an injury, dehydration or cramps.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fluids are a part of it, but as a person that's susceptible to muscle cramps himself, it's not just about staying hydrated.

I remember hearing that Dez works himself too hard in warmups as well, which could be part of why he's cramping and also why he can seem to burn out late in games.

We are in agreement here. Dez is doing something wrong that causes his cramps. He needs to make changes to the way he prepares. By the way, the hydrating to avoid cramps begins before games start, not during. His warmups counters staying hydrated. It's no wonder he gets cramps so much.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I said it because it felt like back to back days. It's hard to keep track with him it's either an injury, dehydration or cramps.

I don't find it hard at all particularly when we are talking about it every day.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Yeah, probably the same reason that you didn't know it was a cramp on Monday when you first posted in this thread, when it was reported as a cramp on the 8th, a full 5 days earlier.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You know everything I talk about because all you do is follow me around it's become your hobby.

Even if that was true, so what? I think you need to get over yourself and look at what your saying.

You're speaking for everyone talking in universals. I'm pointing out your universal about difficulty is not correct as I don't find it difficult.