About The NFC East

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know, every time I put him down he wins a ring so I am shutting up. Give him time and he can still get the ball there and he's got, arguably, the best receiving corps in the league and adding Barkley didn't hurt that one bit.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Lets talk football, not our fav teams.

Eagles: Still the champs of the NFCE. Did their changes really disrupt the team? No, a lot of the changes and success for the Eagles came from the coaching staff. Pederson did what Garrett and the Skins still havent achieved. He took both their lunches and ate it in front of them. Churning his team over in 2 seasons and going to the SB. Easier to fall than get there, but he got there. Cant take it from him. He still has the best QB in the division, a good offense and made his defense a little better.

Prediction: Post season contenders, the NFCE is their playground, nothing to fear as of right now.

Giants: So bad that they can only go up. They didnt make the most of their offseason but they did whatever it took to get better. They have the second hardest road in the NFCE. Doing the smart thing and getting rid of their HC, the giants now give the most fear because no one knows what they have at the top. Looking to right their ship, instead of playing for the record, they just need to fix house.

Prediction: No post season.

Commanders: The biggest enigma in the NFCE. No one knows what this team is going to do. They cant right thier team with just 1 player, Alex Smith is not that much of a bigger upgrade over Cousins. In fact no one knows what this team is known for. Id say ride your strengths, but they are going to have to figure out what it is and start excelling at it. Fair off season, but the team has to figure how and where it wants to go and start getting there.

Cowboys: Having the hardest road in the NFCE the Cowboys will again have to contest with the division and their own FO who is sick and tired of winning. Looking at the post season is not on anyones mind as Dallas choose to squander opp after opp, Continueing with Garrett had the rest of the division high fiving. With a predictable approach, making no head way to making the team good in any area, Dallas opted to scare their opponents by saying "No post season is good with us".

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lets talk football, not our fav teams.

Eagles: Still the champs of the NFCE. Did their changes really disrupt the team? No, a lot of the changes and success for the Eagles came from the coaching staff. Pederson did what Garrett and the Skins still havent achieved. He took both their lunches and ate it in front of them. Churning his team over in 2 seasons and going to the SB. Easier to fall than get there, but he got there. Cant take it from him. He still has the best QB in the division, a good offense and made his defense a little better.

Prediction: Post season contenders, the NFCE is their playground, nothing to fear as of right now.

Giants: So bad that they can only go up. They didnt make the most of their offseason but they did whatever it took to get better. They have the second hardest road in the NFCE. Doing the smart thing and getting rid of their HC, the giants now give the most fear because no one knows what they have at the top. Looking to right their ship, instead of playing for the record, they just need to fix house.

Commanders: The biggest enigma in the NFCE. No one knows what this team is going to do. They cant right thier team with just 1 player, Alex Smith is not that much of a bigger upgrade over Cousins. In fact no one knows what this team is known for. Id say ride your strengths, but they are going to have to figure out what it is and start excelling at it. Fair off season, but the team has to figure how and where it wants to go and start getting there.

Cowboys: Having the hardest road in the NFCE the Cowboys will again have to contest with the division and their own FO who is sick and tired of winning. Looking at the post season is not on anyones mind as Dallas choose to squander opp after opp, Continueing with Garrett had the rest of the division high fiving. With a predictable approach, making no head way to making the team good in any area, Dallas opted to scare their opponents by saying "No post season is good with us".

Obvious Eagles fan. Either that or just ignorant. Cowboys have had a great offseason and will prove to you haters this year.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Obvious Eagles fan. Either that or just ignorant. Cowboys have had a great offseason and will prove to you haters this year.

get lost with that "you arent a fan because you arent a homer"

Eagles took it to us in unde 2 years. Dont be a hater because they have done what Garrett hasnt. Garrett has had a good off season but hes done that before with zero result. Can you defend his lack of post season success and still having a job?

Sydla

Reaction score

Did he say they didn't have a good offseason?

I think his main point is that the team goes about reworking the roster each offseason yet never really wants to tackle their biggest issue - the head coach. Although that might not be the case if they fail to make the offseason in 2018. They may have no choice but to face that issue.

But bonus points to you for the age old, "Oh, you aren't drooling over the Cowboys? Must be an Eagles fan" adage.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think his main point is that the team goes about reworking the roster each offseason yet never really wants to tackle their biggest issue - the head coach. Although that might not be the case if they fail to make the offseason in 2018. They may have no choice but to face that issue.

But bonus points to you for the age old, "Oh, you aren't drooling over the Cowboys? Must be an Eagles fan" adage.

The Cowboys biggest issue is not their head coach.

Look higher. You shouldn't be able to miss one of them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
get lost with that "you arent a fan because you arent a homer"

Eagles took it to us in unde 2 years. Dont be a hater because they have done what Garrett hasnt. Garrett has had a good off season but hes done that before with zero result. Can you defend his lack of post season success and still having a job?
Just because he hasn't won a SB doesn't mean he can't coach. I think he can and am willing to give him another year to prove it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Just maybe it's because the head coach isn't the problem. But I know that doesn't fit your constant hate agenda.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Just curious to see how some of you view how each team has changed.

My take:

Eagles - Not sure what to make of them. They have a ton of talent but they seem like they might have lost that "underdog" edge they had that carried them to the SB. A lot of chatter.

Commanders - I think they have really improved. Smith will probably be a better QB for their offense and no matter what you think of him, he will not make the same mistakes Cousins has made at times. They loaded up on run stopping defenders.

Giants - I also think they improved. I am not impressed with Shurmur as a HC, but there is enough residual talent on this team for them to be able to compete. I think they will try to be a more balanced physical squad.

It is interesting that outside of the Eagles, the division is shifting towards the run game. And the Commanders loaded up to stop the run, while Dallas is at a clear deficit. That might be a key to this season.

The responses should be fun to designate who pays attention to other teams or who just has blinders on.
Pretty much how i see it as well.
Eagles - tough to repeat. Could see them being competitive but not winning the close games or completely overconfident & really take a tumble. just doesn't feel like they hold it together.
Commanders - They have added talent these last few years. Its a question of how far along are they jelling as a team. Definitely dangerous & shouldn't be overlooked.
Giants - Folks don't seem to realize they have taken steps to improve the O line. A decent O line, legit RB & receiver talent they have could definitely be a problem. Not sure their D is going to be as strong as past units which could be their weakness.

I would assume a dogfight for most of the year if not all the way to week 17 to see who comes out on top. We have the talent to beat them all, just got to use it correctly & not beat ourselves.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm an eternal optimist. Which is much better than being what you are.
Really, I couldn't tell. I know you claim to be an optimist but I don't see it in your posts. Just throwing the majority of your posts aside since they have to deal with complaining about other posters, I see you whining about Dez and today you're whining about Terrell Owens, another former Cowboys player. I thought you were a real fan, but turns out you're just another hater. With fans like you, the Cowboys don't need enemies. Haters like you are ruining the site, always complaining about our players.

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
Jason Garret can't coach.idk if there is any other hc that makes so much huge mistakes for years.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Eagles: Basically the same team they were in 2017, the losses they had aren’t serious. They have a really soft schedule early so don’t be surprised if they start 6-0. Key is whether Wentz heals from the injury and is the same quarterback

Cowboys: Playoff caliber team that caught a lot of bad breaks in 2017 (Tyron Smith injury, Zeke suspension) and made some nice additions (and subtractions). I think they’re a better team than the Eagles (blinders) but the division at least should be competitive between the two.

Commanders: Days are gone of them being a pushover. Their rookie running back could make a difference and Smith doesn’t turn the ball over like Cousins

Giants: A team in disarray. The running back isn’t going to help them with that pathetic offensive line. Beckham is acting up. Manning is a year older. Defense will keep them in some games.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Just curious to see how some of you view how each team has changed.

My take:

Eagles - Not sure what to make of them. They have a ton of talent but they seem like they might have lost that "underdog" edge they had that carried them to the SB. A lot of chatter.

Commanders - I think they have really improved. Smith will probably be a better QB for their offense and no matter what you think of him, he will not make the same mistakes Cousins has made at times. They loaded up on run stopping defenders.

Giants - I also think they improved. I am not impressed with Shurmur as a HC, but there is enough residual talent on this team for them to be able to compete. I think they will try to be a more balanced physical squad.

It is interesting that outside of the Eagles, the division is shifting towards the run game. And the Commanders loaded up to stop the run, while Dallas is at a clear deficit. That might be a key to this season.

The responses should be fun to designate who pays attention to other teams or who just has blinders on.

I think the saving factor might be in the promise that the Cowboys are likely to become a team that offers a superior challenge to the rest of the East to become the most dominating rushing team in that conference. They should be extremely difficult to stop if they make the most of their rushing talent this year. Dallas also needs to elevate their level of offense this year to levels that they haven't yet experienced.

We'll see if that is destined to be in the cards for them. Their defense could possibly be on the verge of controlling their oppositions' passing attacks if they play their cards right. We'll shall see soon enough. It'll surely take some highly admirable progress to get there but anything can happen if Coach Richard lives up to his reputation. If not, well, that's just too doggone bad. There's always next year.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Really, I couldn't tell. I know you claim to be an optimist but I don't see it in your posts. Just throwing the majority of your posts aside since they have to deal with complaining about other posters, I see you whining about Dez and today you're whining about Terrell Owens, another former Cowboys player. I thought you were a real fan, but turns out you're just another hater. With fans like you, the Cowboys don't need enemies. Haters like you are ruining the site, always complaining about our players.
Of course you can't see because I'm calling you out as a habitual hater. The truth hurts. Post something optimistic sometimes instead of your usual constant whining.

aria

Reaction score
Who cares if the Iggles improved during the off season? They have the majority of their starters back from last year and don’t forget how many injuries they had, they’ll be getting those guys back as well.

Giants will be better but I’d be surprised if they win more than 4 of their first 8 games. I actually think Shurmur will be a great coach but he did seem to flop and not make any adjustments when Minny was getting handled in the playoffs (good for us).

Commanders...meh, nothing more needs to be said.

Cowboys! As I’ve stated multiple times before, unfortunately I’m not as optimistic as I was last year because there are waaaaay too many unanswered questions. I assume Dak will automatically be better because the O line is solidified. I’m sure Zeke will be great but defenses may adjust now once they know what to expect. We should still be able to run at will with dink and dunk passes. WR is a BIG question mark. LB is a BIG question mark. Secondary seems improved towards the end of last year but I need to see more consistency, same goes for Irving, Dlaw, Dak, Jaylon, etc.

A lot of other teams have proven players, we have a few proven players (ie Lee when healthy and Zeke) with but A LOT of unproven players which is what worries me. By proven I mean consistently above average play for more than one season and no major injury concerns.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I think everybody is sleeping on Alex Smith. He’s not the bust from SF you remember. He very well could be the best QB in the division. He was really good last season. His line was mediocre and the D was trash in KC when Berry went down. He very rarely makes mistakes. He’s like the anti-Eli. The Commanders should be strong on both lines and that could make them a surprise contender in the NFCE.

The Giants will go as Eli goes. His running game has been trash for so long but they’ve added nice pieces there. I don’t buy that Eli just can’t do it anymore- he just can’t carry them by himself like his brother could. Their D is better than they showed last season. Could be a contender in the NFCE.

The Eagles will likely take a step back. They caught lightning in a bottle last season like we did the year before but they were able to finish. They are legitimately good so they should be in the mix again, but they’ll find out how hard it is to recreate that magic.

Dallas could go either way depending on Tyron’s and Lee’s respective health.