About The NFC East

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Curious, do you like anything about the Cowboys? I've never really seen you talk positively about the team. I know you don't like Jerry, think Dez is a cancer, and didn't like T.O. From calling out "haters" I can see you don't think Garrett is the problem, but for all your calling out other posters for hating, you never seem to like anything about the team yourself, you just hate on Jerry, Dez and T.O.
No I hate on the haters like you. I love the Cowboys and stay positive about them. I watched almost every training camp practice when they were in San Antonio. I'm smart enough to see the positive change since Garrett took over and also smart enough to know that SB wins or losses doesn't define coaching ability. It just people like you a senseless stat to hate with. It's ignorant.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No I hate on the haters like you. I love the Cowboys and stay positive about them. I watched almost every training camp practice when they were in San Antonio. I'm smart enough to see the positive change since Garrett took over and also smart enough to know that SB wins or losses doesn't define coaching ability. It just people like you a senseless stat to hate with. It's ignorant.
Dez was a great teammate and Jerry a great owner, right?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You're always positive about the team but call the GM "horrible". Your hating on the team is acceptable, but others doing it is not. Got it.
I've said this numerous times and I'm sure you've seen those posts; all posters complain occasionally about the Cowboys. Not wrong with that and I never say anything to them. It's only the habitual complaining posters like yourself that I call out. You reap what you sow.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I've said this numerous times and I'm sure you've seen those posts; all posters complain occasionally about the Cowboys. Not wrong with that and I never say anything to them. It's only the habitual complaining posters like yourself that I call out. You reap what you sow.
Well, you really don't call me out. The only time we talk is when I comment about you calling others out. But, you're not very observant, so I understand.

cern

Reaction score
philly and skins have better hc's than dallas. that's the first obstacle we have to overcome. shurmur is an unknown, but being around zimmer can't hurt. clearly the first thing to do when putting together a team is fielding one that can win in its own division. changes at wr and the likely scheme change that comes with it should help the cowboys. Kris Richard and coming scheme changes in the defense should help on that side of the ball. nfce will be tough division. good hc's, good qb's.

aria

Reaction score
Eagles - I think their coaching was tip-top. I am shocked so many thought DP was a piker. That guy was on last playoffs. I think you overrate their talent but they do have a great young QB and coach in place. They are the top dog in the NFCE.

Commanders - Personally, Cousins > Smith but the roster is better. I also think Gruden is a good coach. Very good draft. The issue is the QB play is the worst in the NFCE. I think they are third best but dangerous.

NYG - I think the new coach is better than you think. I also think he was better in Cleveland than given credit for so big upgrade in coaching. What worries me more about the Giants is the new DC, Bettcher. That guy always ran a nice D in Arizona. Talent wise these guys are the worst in the NFCE. I also think Eli is on the way down. The OL still needs works and the LB group is so-so.

For me Dallas has the best top to bottom roster in the NFCE. That has been the case for a couple years. Want to know what holds us back? Watch the second half of the first Philly game last season. You will get the picture.

Philly wins 10-12
Dallas wins 8-11
Skins wins 7-9
Giants wins 6-8
Not picking on you :) apparently your post is where I left off so I automatically started and sropped there after reading your comment about the Giants. I agree with your assessment of Shurmur, I think he’ll be pretty good but he didn’t make any adjustments at half time against Philthy in the playoffs so who knows how good he’ll be since he will continue to call plays.

Anyways, how on earth do you think the Gnats have the least amount of talent in the NFCE?! Their O line will probably still be below average to average at best but much improved over last year. They smoke us in the receivers/TE category. That Snacks fella is probably the best at his position and Vernon will most likely do better in their defensive scheme. They upgraded their LB with Ogletree but the rest are so so. They have Jenkins and Apple (who may or may not turn out to be a stud). They have Collins who IS a stud. They just drafted a nasty guard and some guy by the name of something Barkley. They have a veteran QB who may or may not be as bad as some people think due to playing behind one of the worst O lines and running games in the NFL for the past 5-6 years...

I don’t get it. They have more talent than the Commanders for sure, not as much as Philthy overall and could arguably have more talent than us. They have more proven players overall, we have a lot of question marks and unproven players but lots of potential.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not picking on you :) apparently your post is where I left off so I automatically started and sropped there after reading your comment about the Giants. I agree with your assessment of Shurmur, I think he’ll be pretty good but he didn’t make any adjustments at half time against Philthy in the playoffs so who knows how good he’ll be since he will continue to call plays.

Anyways, how on earth do you think the Gnats have the least amount of talent in the NFCE?! Their O line will probably still be below average to average at best but much improved over last year. They smoke us in the receivers/TE category. That Snacks fella is probably the best at his position and Vernon will most likely do better in their defensive scheme. They upgraded their LB with Ogletree but the rest are so so. They have Jenkins and Apple (who may or may not turn out to be a stud). They have Collins who IS a stud. They just drafted a nasty guard and some guy by the name of something Barkley. They have a veteran QB who may or may not be as bad as some people think due to playing behind one of the worst O lines and running games in the NFL for the past 5-6 years...

I don’t get it. They have more talent than the Redakins for sure, not as much as Philthy overall and could arguably have more talent than us. They have more proven players overall, we have a lot of question marks and unproven players but lots of potential.

It’s the OL and the question marks about Eli. Both fairly deserved in my book.

aria

Reaction score
It’s the OL and the question marks about Eli. Both fairly deserved in my book.
Oh absolutely but that doesn’t mean they have the least amount of talent in the NFCE. I’d be surprise if they won more than 4 of their first 8 games but they are intriguing because they DO have talent at a lot of positions and a seemingly competent coach. If that O line is at least average and Elijah is even average then they could give a lot of teams a headache. I wouldn’t bet on them but I wouldn’t bet against them either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh absolutely but that doesn’t mean they have the least amount of talent in the NFCE. I’d be surprise if they won more than 4 of their first 8 games but they are intriguing because they DO have talent at a lot of positions and a seemingly competent coach. If that O line is at least average and Elijah is even average then they could give a lot of teams a headache. I wouldn’t bet on them but I wouldn’t bet against them either.
You can't win in the NFL with a bad OL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Iggles-- Solid team top to bottom, but losing Blount hurts them. Can they perform at a high level with a bulls eye on them? I aint sold. Giants- Eli is still Eli..meaning, I don't see him improving at age 37-38. He's going down hill fast. The team will go how he goes. That said, the rookie rb will have a very hard time running behind that horrid right side of the oline. I see 5-11 for them. The Commanders- are markedly better just by getting Alex Smith. He fits that offense. They scare me moreso than any other team in the NFC EAST. They have quality layers 2 deep everywhere. Could be the 2017 Eagles all over. The Cowboys- are an enigma. Feast or famine. I have no idea what to expect with all the change on the field. At worst..6-10...at best ..11-5. Much has to go right to achieve 11 wins. The Gmen will finish last again.