About The NFC East

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not picking on you :) apparently your post is where I left off so I automatically started and sropped there after reading your comment about the Giants. I agree with your assessment of Shurmur, I think he’ll be pretty good but he didn’t make any adjustments at half time against Philthy in the playoffs so who knows how good he’ll be since he will continue to call plays.

Anyways, how on earth do you think the Gnats have the least amount of talent in the NFCE?! Their O line will probably still be below average to average at best but much improved over last year. They smoke us in the receivers/TE category. That Snacks fella is probably the best at his position and Vernon will most likely do better in their defensive scheme. They upgraded their LB with Ogletree but the rest are so so. They have Jenkins and Apple (who may or may not turn out to be a stud). They have Collins who IS a stud. They just drafted a nasty guard and some guy by the name of something Barkley. They have a veteran QB who may or may not be as bad as some people think due to playing behind one of the worst O lines and running games in the NFL for the past 5-6 years...

I don’t get it. They have more talent than the Commanders for sure, not as much as Philthy overall and could arguably have more talent than us. They have more proven players overall, we have a lot of question marks and unproven players but lots of potential.

Let's go through it.

CB / S - Apple and Jenkins are talented but world class idiots. The only guy in the secondary we would want is Collins. I will take the young Dallas CB's over those knuckleheads any day.

LB - Giants are going 3/4 so tough comp. Carter and Vernon would be nice players in big D but would not fit the scheme. LVE, Lee, and Smith are potential monsters. Not a fair comp but the Dallas LB core is much better

DL - Harrison is solid and he would be the other Giant defender I would take. The rest are a bunch of JAGs. Dallas is very talented on the DL. DLaw, Taco, Irving, and Gregory all have special ability and Ward, Collins, and Armstrong can be solid. Much more talent in Dallas.

OL - Don't even start. The Giants invested some early picks here finally but those guys are not tested. With Connor Williams Dallas is set to have the best OL in the league for the next 2-3 years.

RB - Yes Barkley is good and I like his makeup way better than Zeke but would you trade Zeke for him??? No way. Dallas also has better depth here.

TE / WR - I will give you the Giants are better here. Much better but OBJ is a major idiot. I think he could end up hurting the team more than helps. Still Giants are better across the Board.

QB - Did you watch Eli last year? Guy is almost shot. Losing his accuracy big time and he is more of a statue than normal. There is not a GM in the league that would not take Dak over Eli.

K - Dan Bailey is the greatest K in the land. Enough said.

I don't think the talent level is close. Giants have been bad drafters for years.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh absolutely but that doesn’t mean they have the least amount of talent in the NFCE. I’d be surprise if they won more than 4 of their first 8 games but they are intriguing because they DO have talent at a lot of positions and a seemingly competent coach. If that O line is at least average and Elijah is even average then they could give a lot of teams a headache. I wouldn’t bet on them but I wouldn’t bet against them either.

They have a spotty roster. But you're right that they have a lot of good players, too.

I don't think either the OL or Eli is average just yet/anymore, but they ought to be pretty close. But they do have some stars on that defense, and their skill position players are good on offense across the board. Schurmur is a wildcard for them.

aria

Reaction score
Let's go through it.

CB / S - Apple and Jenkins are talented but world class idiots. The only guy in the secondary we would want is Collins. I will take the young Dallas CB's over those knuckleheads any day.

LB - Giants are going 3/4 so tough comp. Carter and Vernon would be nice players in big D but would not fit the scheme. LVE, Lee, and Smith are potential monsters. Not a fair comp but the Dallas LB core is much better

DL - Harrison is solid and he would be the other Giant defender I would take. The rest are a bunch of JAGs. Dallas is very talented on the DL. DLaw, Taco, Irving, and Gregory all have special ability and Ward, Collins, and Armstrong can be solid. Much more talent in Dallas.

OL - Don't even start. The Giants invested some early picks here finally but those guys are not tested. With Connor Williams Dallas is set to have the best OL in the league for the next 2-3 years.

RB - Yes Barkley is good and I like his makeup way better than Zeke but would you trade Zeke for him??? No way. Dallas also has better depth here.

TE / WR - I will give you the Giants are better here. Much better but OBJ is a major idiot. I think he could end up hurting the team more than helps. Still Giants are better across the Board.

QB - Did you watch Eli last year? Guy is almost shot. Losing his accuracy big time and he is more of a statue than normal. There is not a GM in the league that would not take Dak over Eli.

K - Dan Bailey is the greatest K in the land. Enough said.

I don't think the talent level is close. Giants have been bad drafters for years.

CB- the point was talent not mentality. If that’s the case we could get rid of more than a few of our players, including our RB. Our secondary had one good half of one season. They may turn out to be better but for now I’d stick with Jenkins/Apple.

LB- definitely agree with you

DL- that Tomlinson kid isn’t bad and Harrison is proven. We have two guys that have had one good year and injury/suspension issues. I’ll call it a tie.

OL- never did or would start, just said they upgraded.

TE/WR- agreed about Odiva but again, we’re talking about talent not mentality

QB- no, I didn’t watch that much of Eli, a few games. Again, people use one O lineman to blame an entire half of a season on Dak’s woes, Eli has been playing behind 3 Chaz Greens and no RB for 5-6 years. He also had no Odiva and they literally had guys who were sitting on the couch the week before filling in for some of their starting WR’s. Do you really think Dak would have been better in that offense if he can’t handle one bad game against Atlanta, one bad LT jn Chaz Green when Elijah had Flowers who is arguably worse and no running game whatsoever? He may suck but I’m still giving the edge to him under the circumstances.

K- LOVE Bailey, our true MVP and let’s hope he returns to full form

I disagree and think it’s much closer than you do but that’s cool, I hope you’re right.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Eagles I see as a top 3 team in the nfl.

Dallas is a bit above the middle of the pack

I see the giants and skins as meh. Around or below middle of the pack

Think the nfce is the weakest division In the NFC again this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score

THE SKINS will be much better than we think. Alex Smith was an upgrade for them.

Rayman70

Reaction score

agree..THE IGGLES ARE the champs...a top tier team until proven otherwise. While I am not sold on them without Legarrett Blount, they are still the team to beat.

bh32

Reaction score
Some of these talent evaluations by some of you guys are hilarious..lol

Sydla

Reaction score
No I hate on the haters like you. I love the Cowboys and stay positive about them. I watched almost every training camp practice when they were in San Antonio. I'm smart enough to see the positive change since Garrett took over and also smart enough to know that SB wins or losses doesn't define coaching ability. It just people like you a senseless stat to hate with. It's ignorant.

Garrett doesn’t even have a conference title game appearance in 7 years. People would be far more tolerant of him if he at least a couple conference title game appearances.

You can continue to bury your head in the sand on this but his career has been pretty average.

He should get one more chance. He’s neither an awful coach nor a great one. But another disappointing non-playoff year and he should be shot into the sun.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Garrett doesn’t even have a conference title game appearance in 7 years. People would be far more tolerant of him if he at least a couple conference title game appearances.

You can continue to bury your head in the sand on this but his career has been pretty average.

He should get one more chance. He’s neither an awful coach nor a great one. But another disappointing non-playoff year and he should be shot into the sun.
Blah, blah blah. Same ole argument on both sides. Time will tell.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL.

Haven’t you said the same thing? That he gets this year and if he can’t get the job done it might be time for a change?
Yes I did. But I don’t try and shove it down everyone’s throat like you do.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Reap what? The fact that this board has to tolerate you and your daily rants about how posters aren’t good enough fans?
It is far more fun to put him on ignore then struggle to understand the meaning on posts that appear to be talking to no one in particular.

This guy is basically the drunk homer at the end of the bar that won't leave after a loss and threatens to fight anyone who is not a "real fan".

Fwed

Reaction score
With that said, the Eagles still did make some moves since the offseason officially began. Here’s a recap of what’s taken place so far.

SIGNED WITH EAGLES
Free agents from other teams

DT Haloti Ngata - 1 year, $2.6 million

LB Corey Nelson - 1 year, $1.6 million

Re-signings

LB Nigel Bradham - 5 years, $40 million

TRADES
Received

DE Michael Bennett, 2018 seventh-round pick, CB Daryl Worley

I like what the Eagles did on Defense
That already strong defense looks tougher. They let curry go but got Ngata and Bennett.
Don’t forget the WR upgrade