About the non hand claps from the Jets game

CPanther95

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Anyone clapping on the Cowboys sideline has to pay Garrett a royalty. He's just trying to make a quick buck and the players aren't biting.

... or the rumors are true and those "sunglasses" are just solid black plastic lenses .

Fire407

Reaction score
That's even assuming there are any implications whatsoever behind this alleged event.
It’s not an alleged event. Every sports talk show on Monday was replaying the clip over and over. It was a closeup of Garrett trying to congratulate players for holding the Jets to a game winning field goal instead of allowing a game winning touchdown. The players definitely saw him and intentionally ignored him and left him hanging. I think it was very telling.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s not an alleged event. Every sports talk show on Monday was replaying the clip over and over. It was a closeup of Garrett trying to congratulate players for holding the Jets to a game winning field goal instead of allowing a game winning touchdown. The players definitely saw him and intentionally ignored him and left him hanging. I think it was very telling.
I just saw it, and I can't say you can conclude anything from the clip, other than Garrett was left hanging. You can't determine whether or not it was intentional, and if it was, you can't determine that they did it to spite him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's been well established that the players like him a lot, so for them to intentionally diss him publicly just doesn't seem to fit.

I look at it this way - established is just that, past tense.

This team does 'politically correct' really well. Heck, they can't ben bring themselves to say anything bad about Linehan, or even admit the fact that the guy was fired. I put actions ahead of words. Or silence.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I look at it this way - established is just that, past tense.

This team does 'politically correct' really well. Heck, they can't ben bring themselves to say anything bad about Linehan, or even admit the fact that the guy was fired. I put actions ahead of words. Or silence.
I believe actions speak louder than words too, but the appearance of these actions this one time, don't counteract the countless contradictory actions before this, IMO. (Sorry for the alliteration. It wasn't intentional.) :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe actions speak louder than words too, but the appearance of these actions this one time, don't counteract the countless contradictory actions before this, IMO. (Sorry for the alliteration. It wasn't intentional.) :)

That's cool. An incident like this is all circumstantial anyway, and certainly subject to opinion. We're each free to give it whatever amount of value or merit that we choose.

visionary

Reaction score
Wasn't trying to create a "peyton place" post, my question is were any of them man enough to actually go on record about why it was they chose to diss ole clap. As for not playing well and losing, seems they would take that out on one another, not the HC..

“Garrett is an incompetent doofus, jellyfish”
Signed
Cowboy team

there you go
Happy?

visionary

Reaction score
I'll explain it to you. Bottom line is they're over the Garrett experiment like the rest of us! Jerry Jones said that if he were to fire Garrett he wouldn't be on the street very long. Jones also said that 500 coaches could coach this team!

the only reason “Garrett would not be on the street for very long” is because they eat road kill in Texas

morat1959

Reaction score
I'll explain it to you. Bottom line is they're over the Garrett experiment like the rest of us! Jerry Jones said that if he were to fire Garrett he wouldn't be on the street very long. Jones also said that 500 coaches could coach this team!
It’s the blind leading the blind.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol..you people.. Even Travis Frederick laughed at fools trying to make something out of nothing...lol

nobody

Reaction score
It looks like Garrett wasn't even looking at any of them. Regardless, I'm quite certain they didn't just say, "Screw you, coach!" As @Streetwise stated, maybe they were just too tired. Or maybe they just weren't proud of what they'd just done. Maybe they were pissed at the offense.

There's veritable plethora of reasons other than snubbing the coach, but none of those things are a good enough story, or support what people want to believe.

I've no idea what is really going on, but have a strong feeling that there is definitely something afoot. Things are off

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Really? Soap opera melodrama? That's what we are going for here?

Perhaps they weren't slapping hands and acting giddy because they were losing and not playing well … something to think about, right? lol
I think that’s the point.
It was not a time for “fives” and Garrett doesn’t realize that. Or as I’ve said, doesn’t know what he should be doing in that situation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Alleged event?
I hadn't seen it, and the OP didn't provide a clip or link, and since we've all seen so many made up stories in this forum, I used the word "alleged" in the event that this was one of them. Now that I've seen the clip, I know the controversial scene took place, but the "snub" is still alleged.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn't trying to create a "peyton place" post, my question is were any of them man enough to actually go on record about why it was they chose to diss ole clap. As for not playing well and losing, seems they would take that out on one another, not the HC..
The suggesting they were dissing him at all is creating the soap opera scenario, and the comment about whether any of them were "man enough" to explain is just adding fuel to that. Again, maybe it was just that they weren't playing well, which doesn't automatically require a person taking it out on another person. They may well have been down on themselves and the entire team for how they were playing.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The suggesting they were dissing him at all is creating the soap opera scenario, and the comment about whether any of them were "man enough" to explain is just adding fuel to that. Again, maybe it was just that they weren't playing well, which doesn't automatically require a person taking it out on another person. They may well have been down on themselves and the entire team for how they were playing.
I'll ride with that... was like I said curious is all...truth of the matter is, players didn't need to talk about it, the talking heads did that for em.