ABryant is dominating the Det secondary

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Dale said:
If Bryant hadn't run his own routes in games and talked endlessly about needing stats for a new contract in the locker room, he might still be here.
Wow...that puts another a whole 'nother light on his desperately wanting to be on the field...

.....but I'm not surprised.

There was no "team" in AB.

None a'tall.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You guys see that play by Edwards. He almost caught a certain INT. Ball got intercepted anyway but good grief. What an athlete! At least on that play.

Who's AB?

JDSmith

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Funny in Parcells PC this week he mentioned that they hire a psychiatrist on staff just to sit down with the player and figure out the best way that they learn. You know Calvin Hill and his staff work closely with players to work on things like anger management.

All that psychiatric help at his disposal, and he's still a nutcase. Good preseason performances will only increase his ego and demands. His next blow up in Cleveland should be spectacular. He was already shoving his QB on the sidelines at the of last year.

Bull****. Nice revisionist history though. He was SHOVED by the QB. The QB also admitted publicly that he was in the wrong afterwards. But hey, don't let the facts get in your way.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Bull****. Nice revisionist history though. He was SHOVED by the QB. The QB also admitted publicly that he was in the wrong afterwards. But hey, don't let the facts get in your way.

I'm also sure the towel/jersey threw itself onto Parcells.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Dale said:
If Bryant hadn't run his own routes in games and talked endlessly about needing stats for a new contract in the locker room, he might still be here.

Quincy takes a lot of grief, and deservedly so -- but several of his "game costing" interceptions came on plays where Bryant ran a wrong route, running his defender right into the middle of the play.

Thanks for that insight Dale. I was never against Bryant Trade, as much I liked his talent, I saw him as another TO, without production. Once a headcase, always a headcase, IMO.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Dale said:
I'm also sure the towel/jersey threw itself onto Parcells.

No, I'm not excusing everything that happened. But when someone lies blatantly about something that everyone could have seen on TV he should be called for it. That was a total fabrication, and anyone who watched the replays and interviews about it knows that. AB was shoved, he didn't shove the QB - period.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
No, I'm not excusing everything that happened. But when someone lies blatantly about something that everyone could have seen on TV he should be called for it. That was a total fabrication, and anyone who watched the replays and interviews about it knows that. AB was shoved, he didn't shove the QB - period.

Gotcha.

But then, doesn't it say something about a wideout if a quarterback shoves him out of frustration? It's not something you see every day, and it's not as if Kelly Holcomb as the reputation as being the NFL's bad boy at quarterback.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Just to throw in my two cents: AB is talented, but no where near as explosive or has hands as good as TG. Look at TGs stats from last year before he got hurt, he was lighting it up! With Vinnie at qb nonetheless. No where near as tuff as Key either. IMHO I would still take either in this stage of their careers, but TG needs some props, he is a gamebreaker!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nice catch by Braylon Edwards. Funny, he just outjumped the dude. The CB didn't even seem to turn around and look for the ball.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Wow...that puts another a whole 'nother light on his desperately wanting to be on the field...

.....but I'm not surprised.

There was no "team" in AB.

None a'tall.
Sounds like AB wants to be TO

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Ok.....I've not weighed in too much on this Bryant-issue. But here goes.

There has to be a certain amount of trust when it comes to team. You have to be able to rely on players doing their part during a game. I don't want to go into a game wondering if one of my teammates is going to do their own thing.

This was Bryant's biggest downfall. He was an exciting receiver. I was excited that we snagged this guy, and I thought he was going to be a big part of our team for years to come.

But we couldn't trust him.......With a game on the line......a playoff spot on the line...who's to say that he'd make the right block, or run the correct route with conviction even if the ball's not coming his way? I don't think a player like this is worth it.

He's a player in the mold of TO. He is talented beyond belief, but doesn't care about anyone but himself. Hopefully, Bryant will grow out of this and become a good player. But I'm glad he's gone.....we don't need cancers.

I really want him to have success.....don't mistake me. But who knows what waiting on him to "grow up" would've cost us?
I agree with most of your post, but to answer your question, the only thing it would have cost us was not having Morgan on our roster...he wasn't a superstar, so it's not like his attitude was going to be a cancer or hold us hostage.
I don't recall his having as many problems his rookie year when he was more-or-less our go-to receiver.

It's all water under the bridge now....who knows, maybe he'll be back some day as a FA.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan said:
but TG needs some props, he is a gamebreaker!

Are you kidding? That wuss who refuses to stay healthy?

Let me tell you something.

On the day in October 03 when Terry Glenn caught three TDs for DALLAS in a REAL game vs Detroit, (one of them so amazing it's now in a NFL films highlight commercial), he got fewer props on this board than AB did today catching one well thrown TD ball for CLEVELAND in an EXHIBITION game vs Detroit.

I see no reason not to expect that MO to continue.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
On the day in October 03 when Terry Glenn caught three TDs for DALLAS in a REAL game vs Detroit, (one of them so amazing it's now in a NFL films highlight commercial), he got fewer props on this board than AB did today catching one well thrown TD ball for CLEVELAND in an EXHIBITION game.
Sad, isn't it? But that's what happens when you're lucky enough to become a cult figure.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

On the day in October 03 when Terry Glenn caught three TDs for DALLAS in a REAL game vs Detroit, (one of them so amazing it's now in a NFL films highlight commercial), he got fewer props on this board than AB did today catching one well thrown TD ball for CLEVELAND in an EXHIBITION game vs Detroit.

Terry gets plenty of props around here. He's still a good WR at this point in his career. He's not great by a long shot. I'm glad we have him, but how much longer can we depend on him? We need to get younger at the position pretty soon.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

If Glenn can just manage to play 16 games this year, I think he'll put up big enough numbers and continue making many spectacular catches with those great hands...then I have no doubt he'll be the darling of Dallas. But it won't matter how well he plays or how many great catches he makes if he's not there down the stretch doing his thing.

It's unfortunate because injuries are not his fault, and there's nothing he can do about it, but a player has got to be part of the entire run and into the playoffs to get his just rewards...having great play for 3/4's of the season won't cut it. I'd like to see him win comeback player of the year this year, but with WRs, it still comes down to the QB.

JDSmith

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

I'll be the first to admit that Terry Glenn is severely undervalued by Cowboys fans. Virtually EVERY day we read about another spectacuar catch in training camp, and they've become so commonplace they are greeted by yawns. And we've seen him make those same amazing catches in games time and again. And if Glenn can somehow stay healthy this year I think he's going to have a phenominal year. He's going to be the guy Bledsoe goes to deep and he's going to put up some very impressive numbers. But with Glenn that's always a big 'if'.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Sad, isn't it? But that's what happens when you're lucky enough to become a cult figure.
LOL.

I realize in addition to being a walking infirmary and a despised Parcells Guy, Terry bears the stigma of "taking AB's rightful place".

It's amusing, tho, to contemplate that AB right now is probably the whipping boy of whatever Brownies fans felt he usurped Dennis Northcutt's divine right. :rolleyes:

Such is life in the NFL for those lucky enough to survive.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

I agree 100%. He was fantastic for us last year. He will be better this year!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Is anyone watching the Titan-Falcons game???????????

They just said MATT LEHR has won the starting LG job!

Another superstar run off!!!!!! :)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
I'll be the first to admit that Terry Glenn is severely undervalued by Cowboys fans. Virtually EVERY day we read about another spectacuar catch in training camp, and they've become so commonplace they are greeted by yawns. And we've seen him make those same amazing catches in games time and again. And if Glenn can somehow stay healthy this year I think he's going to have a phenominal year. He's going to be the guy Bledsoe goes to deep and he's going to put up some very impressive numbers. But with Glenn that's always a big 'if'.

I think people would appreciate him more if he could stay healthy. Like you said, thats a big "if".

No doubt he is talented. I actually picked him up late in my FF draft this year. I was, of course, mocked for drafting a Cowboy, but if he is healthy, I think he'll have a big year.