ABryant is dominating the Det secondary

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
If Bryant hadn't run his own routes in games and talked endlessly about needing stats for a new contract in the locker room, he might still be here.

Quincy takes a lot of grief, and deservedly so -- but several of his "game costing" interceptions came on plays where Bryant ran a wrong route, running his defender right into the middle of the play.

Interesting, Dale.

JGalt

Reaction score
I remember AB dropping way too many balls and freelancing on his routes. He did make a few great catches, but it doesn't bother me that he was traded. I was calling him H.O.S towards the end there. (Hands OF Stone)

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
JGalt said:
I remember AB dropping way too many balls and freelancing on his routes. He did make a few great catches, but it doesn't bother me that he was traded. I was calling him H.O.S towards the end there. (Hands OF Stone)

My biggest beef with the whole trade is I honestly beleive we could have done MUCH MUCH better than Quincy Morgan. I know AB got himself traded by acting out and all his attitude problems, but it hurts to see my team throw away talent at a position where we desperately need help. As well as we drafted this last draft, I would have taken a 4th or 5th round pick for him knowing now what I know about Morgan. Thats the beauty about hind sight tho I guess.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
My biggest beef with the whole trade is I honestly beleive we could have done MUCH MUCH better than Quincy Morgan. I know AB got himself traded by acting out and all his attitude problems, but it hurts to see my team throw away talent at a position where we desperately need help. As well as we drafted this last draft, I would have taken a 4th or 5th round pick for him knowing now what I know about Morgan. Thats the beauty about hind sight tho I guess.
If there had been better offers I'm sure Parcells would have made the deal. It's easy to say AB was worth more than QM but not if there aren't any other offers.

jem88

Reaction score
playmakers said:
I always said if this guy would get serious he could be a very nice Wr, like Hines Ward.
Not exactly going out on a limb with that observation.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Again, AB was simply gone.
Whatever Morgan does is irrelevant.

Guys act like AB was ever gonna be good here, shut his yap, run assigned routes and just play. He wasn't. He was the 3rd WR behind a former #1 overall and #8(I believe) picks. He was the youngest of those guys and was getting PT. He openly talked of playing in Miami and tossed a jersey in the coaches face and got kicked out of practice.

I was a huge AB fan and loved his selection in round 2 but like Ross, Carter et al when guys have red flags for character its often a foreshadowing.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If there had been better offers I'm sure Parcells would have made the deal. It's easy to say AB was worth more than QM but not if there aren't any other offers.

I completely understand that. Not saying he turned down better offers, I'm sure they shopped him for the best deal. The browns got a player with great potential once he matures (if ever).....we got absolutely nothing imo. I know it happens and theres no use in crying over spilled milk, but it just hurts still.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Bryant wasn't shipped out of here cuz he lacked talent. He was shipped out of here cuz he didn't respect his teammates and coach. He was shipped out of here cuz he's a cancer. The same reason we passed on Moss is the reason Bryant is a brown.

Football is the ultimate team sport. In team sports you have to have a certain degree of chemistry to be successful. Players like Bryant and Moss destroy team chemistry. Sure he would of had some great games for us, but we wouldn't have a better TEAM with him here, and that's all that matters. Period.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Rack said:
Bryant wasn't shipped out of here cuz he lacked talent. He was shipped out of here cuz he didn't respect his teammates and coach. He was shipped out of here cuz he's a cancer. The same reason we passed on Moss is the reason Bryant is a brown.

Football is the ultimate team sport. In team sports you have to have a certain degree of chemistry to be successful. Players like Bryant and Moss destroy team chemistry. Sure he would of had some great games for us, but we wouldn't have a better TEAM with him here, and that's all that matters. Period.

I couldn't have put it better than this. Good post. It really hurts to see a guy with so much talent go to crap because of his attitude. He could have really helped this team if he had his head straight. The team is above any player and thats what it boils down to in the end.

Again good post.

Trag3344

Benched
Reaction score
the real problem is that we just want a young explosive wr and we dont have one.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
AB IS a talented WR....whether some want to believe it or not.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Is anyone watching the Titan-Falcons game???????????

They just said MATT LEHR has won the starting LG job!

Another superstar run off!!!!!! :)

We are vindicated LTN! Just kidding but I know you were pulling for him too.

Hope he does well in Atlanta.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
AB IS a talented WR....whether some want to believe it or not.

Thats the problem here. He flamed out on our team so some want to deny that he even has talent. I'll be the first to admit he's a headcase, but theres no denying the talent and potential that he has just because he flamed out in Dallas.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Just a reminder,

There's an Derek Ross thread currently going if anyone feels the need to admit they were wrong that Parcells should have given him more chances.

I was never on the Ross bandwagon bahaha

Now on Bryant the rumor was it we had a choice of some draft picks or Morgan (not like a #1 pick or anything but some picks) we took the bad wr because of injuries in the wr core was the reason given. What I find is funny Bryant ran a wrong route and Parcell wanted to pull him off the field right there yet his beloved key ran two wrong routes in a row and caused 2 int's one in the red zone but he did not get pulled. That is why Bryant was upset was how Key got away with any crap he wanted. Now when the trade happen I said we should have took the picks because Morgan sucked arse. This was not hindsight 20 20 for me I clearly stated when the trade came down and the information that was later reported we should have took the picks.

If Bryant had to go he had to go I hated to see it but if it was not going to work out here fine trade him. I just wished we would have took the draft picks :mad:.

The statement he has done nothing is incorrect he has 141 Rec 2095 yards 12td's 14.9avg on catches and this with so real crappy QB's throwing it to him he is only 23 years old to

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Dale said:
If Bryant hadn't run his own routes in games and talked endlessly about needing stats for a new contract in the locker room, he might still be here.

Quincy takes a lot of grief, and deservedly so -- but several of his "game costing" interceptions came on plays where Bryant ran a wrong route, running his defender right into the middle of the play.

And we lived happily ever after. THE END.

:thankyou:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
What I find is funny Bryant ran a wrong route and Parcell wanted to pull him off the field right there yet his beloved key ran two wrong routes in a row and caused 2 int's one in the red zone but he did not get pulled. That is why Bryant was upset was how Key got away with any crap he wanted.

I remember that. I don't know how true it is, but I remember Key taking the heat for 2 VT picks in a game last year. There has to be more to it tho. If not then I think it's very clear that BP will put up with it with key, but won't do the same with AB, which I beleive is wrong.

I love BP as a coach, but I've grown tired of seeing all his "guys" brought in who make the same mistakes that some of our young guys could be making and learning from.

Love the coach, can't understand the infatuation with old players that couldn't get it done for him(win the superbowl) when they were in their 20s. Go figure.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Dale, thanks for providing real facts from someone who is down in Valley Ranch more than anyone else here.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I was fortunate to make all training camps when AB was with Dallas. Quite honestly--AB ran the best routes....smoothest....fluid.....best hands.....of all the receivers we had. I apologize in advance to all the Terry Glenn fans.....but it is the truth!

I believed we screwed up folks--period. Remember WR Jimmy Smith, JACKSONVILLE? This was worse because AB showed us flashes of what he could do in advanced. He just wanted to be first string WR so bad......and he felt it was not going to happen in Dallas because of BP!:mad: