Twitter: Acho: Cowboys have a roster construction issue

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because Hurts is making 51 mill. The Eagles top 4 players are making 112 mil/seaosn. They're paying their OT's 20 and 16 mil.

Eagles also let both their starting S's walk and their staring NT. It would have been way more shocking if their D hadn't had a major dropoff.

I think it's quite ironic that their decision makers didn't appear to understand what made the Eagles great last year. It was their D. Oh, and yet another example that it doesn't matter who your CB's are if you have poor S play.
Yeah but you can move money around Howie movies money around for for everyone else. Honestly, I could've told him Bradberry and Slay were cooked. They even knew it. They tried to get rid of Slay but agreed to a new deal.

People talk about how great Howie is and you can forgive him for letting Hargraves go because he did have Jalen Carter coming up(still a drop off but money wise I get it) but to completely disregard the safety and linebacker position is criminal. No one saw it coming but I did. You can't lose both your coordinators and 5 or 6 starters and not take a hit. And plus now Hurts is coming back down to earth. And oh yeah the offensive line is getting older. Recipe for disaster. And how does he improve the defense? Signs Leonard and trades for Byard. Good moves on paper but these guys are cooked.

rambo2

Reaction score
If I was Miami I would run run run and run. No way we stop it with this tiny line up. We are worst than last year at the linebacker position. If we are going to solve it we better do it quick. Go get some vets or look on someone practice squad. We have to sign someone and get them coached up asap. No way we make it far in the playoffs hoping our offense can start fast every game and force a team to pass pass pass.
How about Philly loses another game and Dallas gets the 2 spot? Wouldn't Dallas win games at home and go to the NFC Championship?

XXLMike

Reaction score
This is an outstanding video and an outstanding lesson in how stupid our GM is, and how bad will McClay is at evaluating talent.
This video shows a thin D line - slow Safety - budget undersized LB’s.
We had chances to replace we had chances to fill the holes and we did not.
Were in big trouble going forward .

Davidlee1973

Reaction score

This is exactly right bell is way under sized. They need to get lve back in 2024 and draft a lb. Along with overshawn. Be a good trio. The backfield in 2024 should be diggs, Fillmore, bland and bell. Kearse needs to go.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Every team has roster construction issues lol. Unless you are the Niners. Acho is a blowhard.

75boyz

Reaction score
On the first level of defense, all I can remember from the offseason is how we finally addressed our run defense 1T deficiency and how it would obviously impact that weakness.

Continuing in that offseason discussion was that the 2nd level was concerning with LVE's longterm durability, Overshown's injury and both the size and inconsistency issues in those starters and lack of actual depth pieces behind them. And then the Wagner situation.
Middle of the dee was a concern.

On the 3rd level I remember the offseason reports were such that our safety play and depth from last year should continue and be sustainable.

As we can now see all 3 levels aren't quite what they were projected to be.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
As much as Achi talks out his backside alot - he is absolutely bang on here. Bell is a good player and has been playing fast and doing a stand up job. But he is not a lber. He is too small, playing 3-4 safeties is out of need, not scheme.
Even Overshown is a smallish, fast LBer for next year.
The p=forties they chose in last year's draft, and not picking up any free agents (lbers) HAS absolutely hurt this run D.
With a lack of draft picks in the upcoming draft, Jerry and Co. May have to dip into the free agent market. As well as prioritize a top 3 pick on a starting MB.
There looks to be only a couple of good young backers in the late first/2nd round this year. OT, RB and LBER are our top needs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You've got to score more than 10 points or you're not going to beat very many teams. Talking about how the defense played in games where the offense didn't do its job seems kind of backward to me.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
This is an outstanding video and an outstanding lesson in how stupid our GM is, and how bad will McClay is at evaluating talent.
This video shows a thin D line - slow Safety - budget undersized LB’s.
We had chances to replace we had chances to fill the holes and we did not.
Were in big trouble going forward .
Our safeties were a big strength these past two years, but this year they regressed hardcore, Jeff heath would be starting over these guys.
Once again we sat on our *** and let Wagner go and kept LVE, sat on our butts during FA and our glaring weaknesses are still here.

Our drafts have been good overall but this last draft has been terrible, our best pick was an injury prone LBer who got injured in the preseason.

davey999

Reaction score
This is exactly right bell is way under sized. They need to get lve back in 2024 and draft a lb. Along with overshawn. Be a good trio. The backfield in 2024 should be diggs, Fillmore, bland and bell. Kearse needs to go.
LVE is done. Draft one and actually use free agency to help.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
He is not wrong, on running downs we need to have Evans and Clark on the field. Maybe bring up Jefferson, but you can't keep having 4 safeties on the field on running downs.

Teams will continue to running it down our throats until we prove we can stop it or have a 14 point lead.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I personally think other players should only sign with Dallas if they are in it for the money. No other reason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why yall acting like we don't have two LBs on the roster better than Clark and Bell. Micah is a LB who can pass rush. We brought in Evans who is a thumper against the run. They need to let make the adjustment.
Against a strong run game why isn't Micah playing LB at least on first down? How many sacks did he have yesterday? I don't care about how many sacks he gets and what records he breaks. The goal is to win the game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He brings up a good point. They had Overshown and he got hurt. Had LVE and he got hurt. Signed Rashaan Evans.....tried to get Shaq......I don't think this is something you can upgrade off the street you have to go and find your replacement at the beginning of free agency. In hindsight maybe we should've looked at some of the guys the Eagles gave up on like White or TJ Edwards....TJ Edwards wasn't that expensive.

I think this team knows what they have to do which is why they want ball first. They know they have to score first and play with a lead because they can't stop the run. Those safeties at linebacker are overkill. That was supposed to be what you do on passing downs not when they're in jumbo or 22 personnel.
Eagles LB's are just as bad.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This may be the most bizarre take I've read here this season.

I'll chalk it up to trolling.
Nope.

The best way to stop an opponent from running the ball is scoring, and Dallas is severely lacking at playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.