Actors known for three roles

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let's just not post 3 movies someone was in and say they were known for those roles...
I was thinking some of these are just roles they happened to be in, but as far as the roles I've mentioned, with the exception of a couple of the Tom Hanks ones, I'm going by who immediately comes to mind for the average movie goer, when a certain character's name is mentioned.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking some of these are just roles they happened to be in, but as far as the roles I've mentioned, with the exception of a couple of the Tom Hanks ones, I'm going by who immediately comes to mind for the average movie goer, when a certain character's name is mentioned.

You didn't even list "Forrest Gump". lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Forrest Gump IMBD rating 8.8
The Green Mile rating 8.5
Joe Vs. the Volcano 5.8

Yeah, we know which roles were best. :)
But do you think people remember him more for The Green Mile, or Big?....Castaway?....The DaVinci Code?
My point being that the quality of the picture or the acting has little to do with which role they're known for, IMO.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But do you think people remember him more for The Green Mile, or Big?....Castaway?....The DaVinci Code?
My point being that the quality of the picture or the acting has little to do with which role they're known for, IMO.

I just think "Joe" is one of his poorer movies and the role isn't as memorable.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just think "Joe" is one of his poorer movies and the role isn't as memorable.
While I agree completely with his role in Joe vs the Volcano is not up there with Castaway, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump or even The Green Mile, The DaVinci Code or Splash, I do think you should rewatch Joe vs the Volcano. I think its a very underrated movie.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Harrison Ford

Han Solo - multiple movies
Indiana Jones - multiple movies
Jack Ryan - twice (Patriot Games & Clear and Present Danger)

That's what I'm talking about. Most actors aren't going to be known for a role by playing in one movie unless that character was so dominant that you just can't overlook the performance like say Jack Nicholson in "The Shining". He IS that role.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jack Nicholson

One Flew Over rhe Cuckcoo’s Nest. (Ken Kesey)
Chinatown. (Jake Gittes)
The Shining. (Jack Torrance)

If by some wild chance, anyone here as not seen all three of these epic movies, please do so

Then again, none of these were ongoing roles like some of the others.
Sounds like the OP wants that instead in this thread

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I'm talking about. Most actors aren't going to be known for a role by playing in one movie unless that character was so dominant that you just can't overlook the performance like say Jack Nicholson in "The Shining". He IS that role.

That’s what I thought you were probably looking for with this thread. Harrison Ford immediately popped in my head