Adam Schefer reporting Murray intends to sign; no contract signed by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I think panic is now appropriate.

I think celebration is appropriate. At his best he was a very good running back. He's likely used up now. Nowhere near his best anymore. I've actually been hoping that someone would sign him away to keep Jerry and Jason from letting their loyalty cause them to make a mistake.

Hoov

Reaction score
2339_bye.jpg

LOL. That was a great movie.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
That's fine - the reality is that our backfield runs behind the best OL in football and we're going to crush this division regardless of what the Chip Kelly science experiment yields.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Rhia Hugh's and Angelo Cataldi on WIP philly reporting that Mathews hasn't signed yet and the Eagles plan to pull a Frank Gore on him.

This is true. Mathews has NOT officially signed. He just landed to get his physical and then sign if he clears that.

Fish is reporting that Murray's family is already announcing his deal with the Eagles.

Later DeMarco thanks for A great season!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think celebration is appropriate. At his best he was a very good running back. He's likely used up now. Nowhere near his best anymore. I've actually been hoping that someone would sign him away to keep Jerry and Jason from letting their loyalty cause them to make a mistake.

Well he'll get rundown pretty fast in Chips system, that's for sure.

ferrispata

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me much other than the fact that if he went outside the NFC East, I would have rooted for him a bit on the side. But now I will have to hate him. He may do well there, but Philly OL aint no Dallas OL. Whoever ends up our feature back will have a damn fine season (and by that I mean 1300 yards and 10 TDs). Whether that be Randle, Williams, Peterson or some other FA or even a draft pick. Mark it down. We will be fine folks. Let's just get this D clicking and come into the season roaring!

DFWJC

Reaction score
He hasn't signed his deal.....I bet the Eagles pull the offer

wow
that's some low-life stuff by the Eagles

fwiw, I'd take Matthews at that 3.5 mil price tag and draft another rb in the mid rounds....pair them with Ryan Williams or Randle and be off to he races.

No cap room really used, so more FA flex for the D...also no urgency to pick an early rb in the draft

Reaction score
It's natural to feel betrayed, as I'm sure DeMarco feels betrayed, and the answer to both parties is that "It's just business". Now Dallas has even more incentive to get more physical on defense. Players like Rolando and Hitch are needed.

Hoov

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me much other than the fact that if he went outside the NFC East, I would have rooted for him a bit on the side. But now I will have to hate him. He may do well there, but Philly OL aint no Dallas OL. Whoever ends up our feature back will have a damn fine season (and by that I mean 1300 yards and 10 TDs). Whether that be Randle, Williams, Peterson or some other FA or even a draft pick. Mark it down. We will be fine folks. Let's just get this D clicking and come into the season roaring!

Philadelphia's OLine was very good last year. They let Herremans walk this year and i dont understand that one so wait and see. But they had one of the top OLines last year in my oppinion.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Well he'll get rundown pretty fast in Chips system, that's for sure.

Yeah, that's what makes it all doubly sweet. We let him go just as he approaches his 'best before' date and our division rival picks him up (though he doesn't seem to fit their system) in order to try to eke out whatever he has left at what will doubtless be a hefty price.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Wow I just a didn't see Dallas not even trying coming, though, they just let him walk

davey999

Reaction score
I am surprised and impressed by the Cowboys standing firm and not buckling on their stance in dealing with Murray.

Wonder what the next move will be???

Impressed by doing nothing? How many good years does Romo have? 2 tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.