Adam Schefer reporting Murray intends to sign; no contract signed by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Impressed by doing nothing? How many good years does Romo have? 2 tops.

That doesn't mean you overpay for a player, particularly at RB. They obviously believe Murray can be replaced by how they handled this over the past 5 months

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Conflicting reports nfl network reporting Mathews deal is official.

If Matthews is signed, then Murray, how on earth can they justify $12 million or more on two running backs? No wonder Eagles fans are going crazy.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
And the defense improves how?

Why not re-sign Murray (since we have money) and use the 1st pick on defence?

They'll improve the defense through FA and the draft. without signing Murray you do realize the plan is to spend wisely on defense. AP will surprise many with the incentive based home discount he'll give JJ. If that falls through who cares. This is the deepest rb draft in years.

Dwight

Reaction score
I know we're all upset and he's more than likely signing with our most-hated rival, but let's not underrate how much he meant to this team last year.

If you read my post, I stated that he was productive. Also, it's a fact that he fumbles a lot which hurt our team in the playoffs. Murray is a good guy.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Matthews is in Philly today taking a physical so I would imagine that it's very bad business for them to pull an agreement with him. His agent would be rightfully pissed and other agents would take notice.

Carlos Polk would be the odd man out if this occurs.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
giants and eagles are way tougher teams now division will be hard to win and the afc east to they are all better will be hard to win 10games

Nation

Reaction score
Proud of Dallas for to sticking to a system that works and not overpaying players unlikely to justify contracts when they age.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Updating a previous report, free agent RB Ryan Mathews has not signed his contract with the Eagles.

With the Eagles now courting DeMarco Murray, Mathews may back out on his $11.5 million deal. Murray would dominate carries in Philadelphia, making Mathews a backup with a very limited role. He's certainly aiming to land somewhere he can at least be part of a two-man timeshare. That wouldn't be Philly.
Related: Eagles

Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Well...bye..."

WellBye.jpg

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I don't blame Murray at all for following the money. With that, it's going to be interesting to see how he produces without the best oline in the NFL and an elite QB.

canters

Reaction score
Eagles might not be any better-no WR to scare us, and a QB and RB who are injury prone.
Gmen need OL and DL and RB and DB help before they are scary.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I was fully expecting Murray to not be a Cowboy this year. Just stings that it's Philly of all places.

I do also think that if there was no real plan B for the Boys, they wouldn't have let him go. But maybe plan B was plan A all along. They also knew he'd likely not be staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.