Adam Schefter - Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm guessing he's gone after 2021. Maybe even in a trade before then. Packers would pretty much break even on the cap hit. But I have to believe Rodgers wants one more try at a SB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm guessing he's gone after 2021. Maybe even in a trade before then. Packers would pretty much break even on the cap hit. But I have to believe Rodgers wants one more try at a SB.

I think Rodgers will want another try........on another team.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think Rodgers will want another try........on another team.

I'm talking realistically. His best chance at ever winning another SB is with the Packers. Unless he goes to the Patriots. But they have their QB. Maybe that isn't important to him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm talking realistically. His best chance at ever winning another SB is with the Packers. Unless he goes to the Patriots. But they have their QB. Maybe that isn't important to him.

I agree, but I can definitely see him being done with the Packers. I could see him trying to go to the Panthers. They need a QB, and they'd be contenders if they got Rodgers.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Rodgers whined last year. He has forever whined his whole career. Everything is someone else's fault and he can do no wrong. He throws coaches and teammates under the bus constantly. He wants all the praise and none of the blame.

And the fans react the same way. Any time he loses, especially in big games, I see nothing but excuses. Yet others are trashed if they lose, by those same people. There is a reason why he is 1-4 in NFC title games. Go back and watch all those games. His offenses he led were all very underwhelming. 2 of them complete blowouts and his offenses were trash. And this does not even include getting destroyed by Kap's SF teams back to back years.

GB gets a 1 seed, Rodgers gets the MVP and they look great all year. But come to the NFC title game, now the narrative is he doesn't have the weapons. Just stop.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rodgers whined last year. He has forever whined his whole career. Everything is someone else's fault and he can do no wrong. He throws coaches and teammates under the bus constantly. He wants all the praise and none of the blame.

And the fans react the same way. Any time he loses, especially in big games, I see nothing but excuses. Yet others are trashed if they lose, by those same people. There is a reason why he is 1-4 in NFC title games. Go back and watch all those games. His offenses he led were all very underwhelming. 2 of them complete blowouts and his offenses were trash. And this does not even include getting destroyed by Kap's SF teams back to back years.

GB gets a 1 seed, Rodgers gets the MVP and they look great all year. But come to the NFC title game, now the narrative is he doesn't have the weapons. Just stop.

And he gets the benefit of the media saying it's always someone else's fault as well. Can you imagine the media if that was Dak?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And he gets the benefit of the media saying it's always someone else's fault as well. Can you imagine the media if that was Dak?

Exactly. Heck, Dak got blamed in a game where Cleveland scored 49. We scored 38 and still lost by 2 scores and Dak gets all the blame. The media and the fans have their teacher's pets and Rodgers is one of those. I don't think he has made a mistake in his career and has never been at blame for a loss.

At least Skip Bayless speaks the truth on Rodgers and speaks on it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly. Heck, Dak got blamed in a game where Cleveland scored 49. We scored 38 and still lost by 2 scores and Dak gets all the blame. The media and the fans have their teacher's pets and Rodgers is one of those. I don't think he has made a mistake in his career and has never been at blame for a loss.

At least Skip Bayless speaks the truth on Rodgers and speaks on it.

Yup, no one in the media said, "Herp derp, maybe if the defence didn't give up nearly 50 points, the Cowboys could've won." No one mentioned how Jaylon Smith committed an unnecessary and stupid facemask that killed momentum. We were about to take over the game, and Jaylon gave a free first down.

Skip's critiques on Rodgers is one of the few things I agree with him about.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yup, no one in the media said, "Herp derp, maybe if the defence didn't give up nearly 50 points, the Cowboys could've won." No one mentioned how Jaylon Smith committed an unnecessary and stupid facemask that killed momentum. We were about to take over the game, and Jaylon gave a free first down.

Skip's critiques on Rodgers is one of the few things I agree with him about.

I don't mind Skip that much. I get that he is a professional contrarian and loves to stir that pot. He has made a living doing it for nearly 3 decades. He says a lot that I agree with but because it's Skip, so many dismiss it. But I get why.

And one game I forgot in the Rodgers failures was 2011. They went 15-1 and looked to be a lock to return back to the Super Bowl. And Eli went into Lambeau and schooled Rodgers. Rodgers did not play well at all. Their offense looked to be stuck in mud.

2 of Rodgers' most memorable playoff games came against our putrid defenses. He beat us on one leg in 2014 and destroyed us a few years later. Thing is, Dak might have outplayed him that game (as a rookie) but that gets lost because of our defense. And Rodgers then lays an egg in the NFC title game both times after that game.