Adam Schefter - Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Damn man, do people forget that Rodgers just signed a 4 year 135 million deal, last year!!

What a whiner, he got beat once again, playing poorly in a big game once again, and he's deflecting like mad. I can't believe how much bull he gets away with.

Buys a 20 miilion dollar home with a new fiance, 6 months later everything off. He's a flake. McCarthys gone, 'breath of fresh air', team has two big seasons that he once again can't finish and just after signing a huge new deal, he doesn't get enough support? Crazy.

I am amazed at the people who buy this nonsense.

nobody

Reaction score
Damn man, do people forget that Rodgers just signed a 4 year 135 million deal, last year!!

What a whiner, he got beat once again, playing poorly in a big game once again, and he's deflecting like mad. I can't believe how much bull he gets away with.

Buys a 20 miilion dollar home with a new fiance, 6 months later everything off. He's a flake. McCarthys gone, 'breath of fresh air', team has two big seasons that he once again can't finish and just after signing a huge new deal, he doesn't get enough support? Crazy.

I am amazed at the people who buy this nonsense.

He's a textbook narcissist. Possibly a psychopath. It's never his fault.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think it’s already done and it’s Denver, for a few reasons.

1. We received the report he’s going to Denver from ESPN guys (albeit not Shefter), and then nothing. It’s just quiet. GB has put out a few statements, but it doesn’t feel like at all they’re trying to prevent Aaron from holding their NFL franchise hostage. There’s a reason it hasn’t blown up as all out war yet in the media...

2. Broncos draft was bizarre. Immediately after the ESPN report, it played out as if they already knew they had Aaron. They passed on Fields, passed on Mac Jones, did trade a pittance for Bridgewater, but he may still be the backup to Lock.

3. If the Packers trade Aaron, they take a 31m$ cap hit. The point was made that the roster is mostly set so that’s not a huge deal. But it also means the Packers can’t take any contracts back in a trade, which you’re not trading the NFL MVP for a couple draft picks. If Aaron can commit 4-5 years to Denver on a contract extension when the trade goes down and not just retire in a year, then GB should get a BIG haul for him.

But that’s the catch! He’s not getting traded now, and that’s why all sides are quiet. Because in 2 weeks, post-June 1st, suddenly trading Rodgers is only a 14m$ cap hit and the team saves 23m$ in salary. Which they can use now or roll over into next offseason.

So I’m guessing it’ll be big news at the beginning of next month he’s going to Denver, and the report will be that they’ve had it worked out “for quite some time.”

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
He signed it in the summer of 2018, 3 years ago.

And 2 years before they brought in his replacement

I could have sworn that i read his contract was signed last season. That's a mistake on me for sure.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I could have sworn that i read his contract was signed last season. That's a mistake on me for sure.

Maybe because he didn’t actually start the extension until last year, that could be what you read. He signed it with 2 years still on his previous deal