Adam Schefter: "There's not a player in football with more leverage right now than Dak Prescott."

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Let's be serious here, Dak has all the leverage because of Jerry. Jerry was the one that agreed to that ludicrous no trade clause, Jerry always waits till the last minute to sign, and Jerry always gives in to player's contract demands anyways. If Dak was in any other organization he'd have been booted or traded already.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean he is not wrong. Dak is in position to be the first top 10 QB in the free agency era to be able to enter unrestricted free agency with 4-5 years left of their prime and, other than an extension, there is nothing the Cowboys can do about it. That is a mountain of leverage. Short of an injury situation, like when Drew Brees had an injury that made people wonder if he could throw again in his last year with Chargers, he will have the most leverage you could possibly have.
+100%.........this is why I have said many times Jerry has only 2 options at this point. What's even crazier is the most we can expect is 3rd round comp pick.
  • Pay him what he wants
  • watch him walk

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Let's be serious here, Dak has all the leverage because of Jerry. Jerry was the one that agreed to that ludicrous no trade clause, Jerry always waits till the last minute to sign, and Jerry always gives in to player's contract demands anyways. If Dak was in any other organization he'd have been booted or traded already.
Booger McFarland, and Chris Canty are the only two I have heard who understand the situation. They aren't paying Dak, Lamb and Parsons top pay, and Dak is going to be the odd man out.

GINeric

Reaction score
If Trey Lance can have a "high performance" preseason, Dak's leverage will be gone. All Dak can do to regain that leverage is win a Lombardi trophy.

I actually hope Lance looks great in the preseason. Dak need to be pushed. If things don't work out for Dak then we can go ahead and lean on Lance and see what happens.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
+100%.........this is why I have said many times Jerry has only 2 options at this point. What's even crazier is the most we can expect is 3rd round comp pick.
  • Pay him what he wants
  • LET him walk
Fixed it for you. If you make an investment and it doesn't yield profits, cutting losses and allocating those funds else where, is a far better choice than doubling down on the same investment . Seems logical to me anyway. I'd happily take that 3rd or early 4th actually.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm just amazed how a player that "sucks" could be in the top 10 of his position out of 96 other quarterbacks, can become 2nd team All-Pro, be in the MVP discussion the season previous and be the player with the most contractual leverage in the NFL.....

How can a player that "sucks" accomplish all of that?

What other players in NFL history was able to do those things while being a player that "suck"? That math ain't mathin.....
To be real, old boy, Dak is splendid in the regular season.
It is in the post season he throws wild/is intercepted/is sacked/ fumbles and shown up.
Think about it, me alphas, 3 times ...
3 times, consecutively, Dakchoka has (trademark Mountain Man) left Jerald at the alter o' football love.
3 consecutive playoff games we've been beaten, the latest a typical Dakchoka game.

Does any chap here believe Jerald would tempt a 4th Debacle? We'd be the Buffalo Bills of the early playoffs.
I suffer for me team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm just amazed how a player that "sucks" could be in the top 10 of his position out of 96 other quarterbacks, can become 2nd team All-Pro, be in the MVP discussion the season previous and be the player with the most contractual leverage in the NFL.....

How can a player that "sucks" accomplish all of that?

What other players in NFL history was able to do those things while being a player that "suck"? That math ain't mathin.....
The math don’t never math lol:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Raiders
Saints
Giants
Steelers
Seahawks
Bucs ....wildcard

All could be looking for a new QB after 2025. Wanna hear more, the 2025 QB draft class could be one the weakest in recent years. Pretty sure his agent privately named 3 easily. Now I won't go as far as to say he gets $60M w/o this season being completed but he WILL get top 3-5 money, no question.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak would have this leverage on any team. No one is letting a all pro franchise qb go.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Raiders
Saints
Giants
Steelers
Seahawks
Bucs ....wildcard

All could be looking for a new QB after 2025. Wanna hear more, the 2025 QB draft class could be one the weakest in recent years. Pretty sure his agent privately named 3 easily. Now I won't go as far as to say he gets $60M w/o this season being completed but he WILL get top 3-5 money, no question.
Let him walk. Not worth 20% of the salary cap...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Raiders
Saints
Giants
Steelers
Seahawks
Bucs ....wildcard

I agree with this list. Wonder how he’d do with Daboll.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why do people think Dak of all people would generate this massive 10% jump in QB salaries?
LOL ...couple of reasons
***free agent
*** legit top 10 starter at the most important and expensive position in football.

fivetwos

Reaction score
There will be at least 2-4 teams willing to make Prescott the highest paid player in the league.

Are there 2-4 QBs Jerry can just go get to replace him without severe dropoff? No.

It’s not difficult to calculate who has the leverage here.

Qcard

Reaction score
iCQARJi.gif
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: