AdamJT13 v. The Horde

erod

Reaction score
Exactly..............the success of this season will depend on Romos health and nothing to do with Zeke. So your claim that Zeke will set the world on fire and take us to the promise land NOW is nothing but BS.

Zeke has EVERYTHING to do with Romo's health. He can keep Romo's pass attempts to under 30 a game by FINISHING runs. He can pass protect like he did in college. He can reduce the number of offensive snaps for everybody with his home run ability.

You can not possibly be serious with that weak crap.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am completely with Adam here,EE will be great but wont make a lick of difference if we cant pass the ball effectively especially against the blitz.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yah just look..................Manning was really setting the league on fire wasnt he? And a few years ago the Seahawks won the SB with the golden boy throwing for 100 yards a game. LOL

Peyton was 13th? Wilson had a D so talented that it allowed the run heavy structure to be an anomaly; similar to the Ravens in 2000. Denver had a great D this year and below average QB play from Peyton but adequate play from Osweiler to get them to the playoffs. SEA also had bad poor QB play and Denver's D proved to be better. We don't have those defenses...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Let's pretend I care about stats, because I don't......

12-4. Maybe 13-3 or 14-2 because of the seemingly easy schedule. Schedules usually aren't what they seem in May though.

Elliott averages 4.8 per carry, but he only has about 300 carries (not 392 like Murray, which was stupid). So about 1450 yards. Morris/McFadden chip in another 700 combined yards.

Ok so you just proved my entire point. One more win Maybe and similar yardage to Murray? How is that making a BIG impact? All its doing is getting us back to what we would have done with any good back or collection of good backs and a healthy Romo. The only reason you REALLY like Zeke is because you know it almost guarantees that production. I actually have his yardage totals higher.

Ender

Reaction score
This maybe true, but I watched Seattle and Denver win a 2 of 3 superbowls with a good run game a dominant defense. I'd be more worried about the cowboys overall defensive effectiveness than any aspect of the offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Peyton was 13th? Wilson had a D so talented that it allowed the run heavy structure to be an anomaly; similar to the Ravens in 2000. Denver had a good D this year and below average QB play from Peyton, but SEA did too in terms of poor QB play. We don't have those defenses...

Yep, Ravens another great example. Flucco was passing for 100 yards a game when they won it. Quite clearly you DONT need an all world QB if you have a top notch D. And especially when combined with a top notch running game.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yep, Ravens another great example. Flucco was passing for 100 yards a game when they won it. Quite clearly you DONT need an all world QB if you have a top notch D. And especially when combined with a top notch running game.

Yeah, but...we don't have those defenses?

Ender

Reaction score
I also think this is somewhat meaningless considering when healthy we have an above average passer and receiver. This would only matter if the Cowboys passing offense was terrible. Since its not, whats the point? Is the argument that instead of drafting zeke, we should have went defense?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke has EVERYTHING to do with Romo's health. He can keep Romo's pass attempts to under 30 a game by FINISHING runs. He can pass protect like he did in college. He can reduce the number of offensive snaps for everybody with his home run ability.

You can not possibly be serious with that weak crap.

LOL.............the only one flinging around #$%^ is you . Ive never seen anyone that knows less about football then you do. Romo is the key to our season, nothing to do with Zeke. Your theory has just been blown dead out of the water. ANY good back or collection of backs and a healthy Romo and we lead the league in rushing or close to it. Taking a back with the 4th pick was just plain stupid.

erod

Reaction score
Ok so you just proved my entire point. One more win Maybe and similar yardage to Murray? How is that making a BIG impact? All its doing is getting us back to what we would have done with any good back or collection of good backs and a healthy Romo. The only reason you REALLY like Zeke is because you know it almost guarantees that production. I actually have his yardage totals higher.

He brings back the attitude that got them to 12-4 in the first place. Without him, they'll be lucky to see 8-8 this season. McFadden scares nobody because he isn't productive when it matters. He's the prince of garbage time stats.

Just listen to the offensive linemen talk about Zeke. They are freaking out with excitement. He makes them look awesome, and he can cover their mistakes at times, too.

It's been forever since we had a home run back, and that will help Romo immensely to stay healthy.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
QBs still do run the league; look at who made the playoffs last year; outside of backups in AFC who limped their teams in. The year we made it with the running game; Romo had insane efficiency on 3rd down to allow drives to continue.
http://www.footballperspective.com/which-passers-were-most-effective-on-third-down-in-in-2014/

Winning is not about running, its not about passing. Its about efficiency. The best way to play efficient ball is balance. Run the ball to get into favorable pass situations. Pass the ball to keep a defense passive VS the run game.

erod

Reaction score

And top notch defenses take years and years to build. Ramsey would have had almost no impact this season.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Winning is not about running, its not about passing. Its about efficiency. The best way to play efficient ball is balance. Run the ball to get into favorable pass situations. Pass the ball to keep a defense passive VS the run game.

I know? You didn't click the link?

erod

Reaction score

And have a significant threat to run so teams have to tip their hand. No defense thought twice about McFadden. They will about Zeke.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You forget this too..
confetti.0.gif

You mean he can make confetti taste like snowflakes? :omg:

erod

Reaction score
LOL.............the only one flinging around #$%^ is you . Ive never seen anyone that knows less about football then you do. Romo is the key to our season, nothing to do with Zeke. Your theory has just been blown dead out of the water. ANY good back or collection of backs and a healthy Romo and we lead the league in rushing or close to it. Taking a back with the 4th pick was just plain stupid.

Good gawd almighty.

Who gives a flying crap about leading the league in rushing? Fantasy football dorks, that's who.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Exactly..............the success of this season will depend on Romos health and nothing to do with Zeke. So your claim that Zeke will set the world on fire and take us to the promise land NOW is nothing but BS.

Nothing? o_O