Signed by Cowboys Aden Durde named DL coach

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't get this hire. I mean, there is probably a lot I don't get but this, I really don't understand. I mean, the Falcon's DL was worse then ours was and that with Grady Jarrett and Dante Fowler. I mean, this guy played for the London Olympians, Scottish Claymores, Hamburg Sea Devils and was a practice squade member of the Panthers in 2005 and the Chiefs in 2008. I mean, this is not to say that you have to have played in the NFL to be a good Coach but it does speak to the level of coaching that you, yourself, have received. It speaks to the knowledge base you have. It would be different if I could look at his resume and see a lot of experience but I can't. First of all, he's English, which leads me to believe that he probably didn't grow up with the game. He probably grew up playing other sports, as opposed to Football so I'm guessing he didn't get a ton of experience there. He's been a Quality Control Coach for Atlanta 2018/19 and an outside LBs Coach in Atlanta for 2020.

How in the hell does this qualify this guy to be our DL Coach? This guy may end up being some kind of Savant but this, this type of management is why we are 25 years in with nothing to show for it. What the hell are we thinking? This has to be some kind of mistake, I would think.

He also interned for us in 2014. So, he's someone that is known within the team. I'm curious to see what he does.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't get this hire. I mean, there is probably a lot I don't get but this, I really don't understand. I mean, the Falcon's DL was worse then ours was and that with Grady Jarrett and Dante Fowler. I mean, this guy played for the London Olympians, Scottish Claymores, Hamburg Sea Devils and was a practice squade member of the Panthers in 2005 and the Chiefs in 2008. I mean, this is not to say that you have to have played in the NFL to be a good Coach but it does speak to the level of coaching that you, yourself, have received. It speaks to the knowledge base you have. It would be different if I could look at his resume and see a lot of experience but I can't. First of all, he's English, which leads me to believe that he probably didn't grow up with the game. He probably grew up playing other sports, as opposed to Football so I'm guessing he didn't get a ton of experience there. He's been a Quality Control Coach for Atlanta 2018/19 and an outside LBs Coach in Atlanta for 2020.

How in the hell does this qualify this guy to be our DL Coach? This guy may end up being some kind of Savant but this, this type of management is why we are 25 years in with nothing to show for it. What the hell are we thinking? This has to be some kind of mistake, I would think.
I was expecting Lett to get this gig, just seemed natural.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He interned here for a year under Garrett.

I believe I just alleviated all of your concerns.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’d prefer experience.

Ditto here as well.

I would've preferred someone with far more reputable veteran experience, Yet Tomsula was one that had such vet coach experience and a top reputation coming here last year.
yet he proved an incredible disaster and set back.

I thought for sure it would come down to either Giff Smith (chargers) ...or Tosh Lupoi (DL coach with ATL) who coached DL
with Quinn. but this is a totally Dan Quinn call, and he is familiar with Durde butt it's gonna be on Quinn's neck in how it turns out.
Quinn being both a ex-DL coach and a reputable DC, i'm taking and leaving it up to him and how/who he prefers to operate.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So who is the new strength and conditioning coach?

Harold Nash was the assistant strength coach to the late Markus Paul so I assume he has the job to himself now. Nash has 16 years experience and was with Detroit before coming to Dallas last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Of course you don't and no surprise.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well, I'm willing to give this guy a chance. A year ago a lot of people were praising the Jim Tomsula hire because he was a familiar name. Durde has paid his dues as an intern and working his way up through the ranks as an assistant; so maybe he's the bright young mind the Cowboys need coaching the d-line.

Just have to wait and see.

Carson

Reaction score
I can't say I'm thrilled about this signing.
Best way to look at it, is he can improve the DL. He is young, fiery and ready to get better

We have tried with proven guys like Rod and Tomsula and got average marks.

J-man

Reaction score
Best way to look at it, is he can improve the DL. He is young, fiery and ready to get better

We have tried with proven guys like Rod and Tomsula and got average marks.

I hope you're right.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I'm willing to give this guy a chance. A year ago a lot of people were praising the Jim Tomsula hire because he was a familiar name. Durde has paid his dues as an intern and working his way up through the ranks as an assistant; so maybe he's the bright young mind the Cowboys need coaching the d-line.

Just have to wait and see.

Was against Nolan and Tomsula and I'm not crazy about this hire either. To be honest, I don't love our DC hire this time around either. Maybe it's just me.....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This dude is a bada**.

TELEMMGLPICT000159399117_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqQLksW6RPhP-QMgKAWPA4vrJq3rf09tPfU9tjLnrI5vo.jpeg

Imagine this kind of swag with Dorance Armstrong and Trysten Hill.

The next contestant for "The Bachelor".