News: AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game will not be rescheduled (no conspiracies)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Uh, that one less game is having negative playoff implications.

Also if none of this is a big deal, why is it taking up space in a section of this forum that is dedicated to discussion about the Cowboys? I would guess it should be in the NFL Zone.
or if it is no big deal, why did the NFL owners need to vote to come up with specific playoff bracket implications for multiple teams thus changing rules that were already in place. And if THOSE kind of changes are not worth discussing in a fan forum about our team and football in general, what are we actually here for? This is a HUGE deal for the sport we all love.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
NFL is definitely cheating the Bengals...if I were them, I'd ask for some draft pick compensation for sure!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The issue is the timing. If this occurred early in the season they could've squeezed it in. With the playoffs starting next week there's no good time to do it.

They could have finished the game.
Buffalo could have not flown home and played on Tuesday.
Buffalo could have flown back to cincy and played the game on Wednesday.

Flamma

Reaction score
uhmm... first off it is the players and coaches that are doing the "Whining." And they are "Whining," because seeding is a very big deal.
Yeah, back many years it wasn't a big deal. The best record didn't always get home field. So no, it's not a big deal. Live with it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The severity of the injury was something we don’t see. We have seen Daks foot dangling and other terrible injuries around league. And fans there and around the world and players on the field pray and wish there best to the player down.

But seeing a man fighting and only staying alive through help from staff is something we don’t see and the players watching had to be shaken to the core. I can understand stopping and ending the game. It’s not something you will ever forget. I am so glad he is doing well.

With that being said wasn’t there playoff implications for teams. How do they call it. Are they just going to forget about it. Like it was never on the schedule. What teams are getting the hose.. What teams benefit.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, back many years it wasn't a big deal. The best record didn't always get home field. So no, it's not a big deal. Live with it.
then why do teams fight so hard to get the highest seeds possible if it is no big deal. Well many many years ago people lived without electricity either.... no biggie I guess?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m in championship round down 15 with Burrow and Stefan Diggs only players that were left to play. $1000 on the line
i was easily gonna win 700. 2nd place was 250. It caused us to split the pot and declare co champions. I was up by 4 points and had allen and Tee Higgins. He had Diggs and Hurst.

Flamma

Reaction score
then why do teams fight so hard to get the highest seeds possible if it is no big deal. Well many many years ago people lived without electricity either.... no biggie I guess?
Teams may fight to get the 1 seed, but they don't fight so hard to get a higher seed in general. And haven't throughout history.