News: AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game will not be rescheduled (no conspiracies)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree, which is why I would have said we are playing the game, but if any player, coach, trainer needs to stay away for their own personal reasons, we will respect that. But, the game will be played.
Yea, once everyone realized the player survived the game should have continued. At the very least could have played it the next day.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It only affected one team negatively that had nothing to do with this, Baltimore. They took a step to fix that. Everyone else was either affected positively or were the cause. I don't see the problem.

Not long ago Buffalo had to play a game elsewhere due to too much snow. Or they can pretend it's 1972, and teams with better records didn't always get home field.
It could negatively impact KC as well.

And we don't know that Cincy was part of the cause. We don't know that they agreed not to play.

They had rules in place for this scenario. There is absolutely zero reason not to follow them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What would the Romans have done?
Yea , I guess it’s the mindset of some fans. I’ve always expected players to get killed by contact at some point. It’s a brutal gladiator type game .

If I was to get hit by one of those guys at full speed in the chest or head it would most likely kill me . Only reason he survived is he’s young and healthy.

Flamma

Reaction score
It could negatively impact KC as well.

And we don't know that Cincy was part of the cause. We don't know that they agreed not to play.

They had rules in place for this scenario. There is absolutely zero reason not to follow them.
KC controlled their own destiny for the #2 seed before the game. That's been upgraded to a #1 seed. Having to play at a neutral site is better than playing in Buffalo. Minus the ifs and buts.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yea , I guess it’s the mindset of some fans. I’ve always expected players to get killed by contact at some point. It’s a brutal gladiator type game .

If I was to get hit by one of those guys at full speed in the chest or head it would most likely kill me . Only reason he survived is he’s young and healthy.
LOL, me too. I've played every major sport and some. The hardest hits to the chest I ever took was from a ball playing goalie in street hockey. I don't remember getting too many direct hits to the chest otherwise.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yea, once everyone realized the player survived the game should have continued. At the very least could have played it the next day.

I can tell who have never witnessed a cardiac arrest, CPR situation, much less on a close friend. It's not something you shrug off 5 minutes later as if nothing happened.

So the NFL played one less football game this season. Big deal.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I can tell who have never witnessed a cardiac arrest, CPR situation, much less on a close friend. It's not something you shrug off 5 minutes later as if nothing happened.

if it is no big deal, why is the Bengals coach complaining about the outcome?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

This implies that everyone will curl up in a ball of anguish, unable to function effectively after witnessing a traumatic event, up to and including death.

To each his own... 100%... but I can assure you that there are a great many who can and will do exactly the opposite.

This is just me, and I respect the differences in others, but if I survived that same event, or died, I would want my brothers to finish that game immediately after I was removed from the field. If it was my brother laying on that field I would want to finish that game for him.

You can say it's just a game, but on the other hand it runs a lot deeper than that once the layers start getting peeled back, and I'm not even talking about standings and seedings.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
KC controlled their own destiny for the #2 seed before the game. That's been upgraded to a #1 seed. Having to play at a neutral site is better than playing in Buffalo. Minus the ifs and buts.
But if Buffalo had lost (very possible, maybe likely) they get the true one seed, not this nonsensical one.

They had rules. They didn't follow them. The same people fining players for not following rules with regards to socks or God forbid hopping in a kettle to celebrate a TD. They have zero credibility any longer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I have a heart condition and have had open heart surgery. I’ve witnessed someone dying from cardiac arrest. It doesn’t mean we are any less sensitive to the incident in order to move forward .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
if it is no big deal, why is the Bengals coach complaining about the outcome?
Yea, it’s a big deal disrupting the potential playoff format. Losing home field advantage especially for a team in their inclement weather in Buffalo is a huge deal.

And none of these discussions from the effects of cancelling or not playing the game needs to distract from the horrific incident to the player.

Flamma

Reaction score
But if Buffalo had lost (very possible, maybe likely) they get the true one seed, not this nonsensical one.

They had rules. They didn't follow them. The same people fining players for not following rules with regards to socks or God forbid hopping in a kettle to celebrate a TD. They have zero credibility any longer.
I just think people are making too big a deal about this. It's seeding. Get over it. It's not that big of a deal. Deal with it like men. Stop the whining like little babies. Deal with what you've been dealt.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I just think people are making too big a deal about this. It's seeding. Get over it. It's not that big of a deal. Deal with it like men. Stop the whining like little babies. Deal with what you've been dealt.
Then why not follow the rules? That would be dealing with it like men. That's what we want.

Seeding is pretty important.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yea, it’s a big deal disrupting the potential playoff format. Losing home field advantage especially for a team in their inclement weather in Buffalo is a huge deal.

And none of these discussions from the effects of cancelling or not playing the game needs to distract from the horrific incident to the player.
Isnt it ridiculous that you must even point out what I bolded? I found it absolutely insane that these media types were falling all over themselves to make sure they pointed out that they were "Not taking away from his injury," every time they actually tried to talk about sports. I listen often to fantasy football radio on sirius all week during the NFL season as I play in 5 fantasy leagues, so excuse me for being interested in player news. But all week on a FANTASY sports radio show, they avoided any talk of actual games or fantasy implications for fear of getting cancelled.

It was crazy that when I tuned in to the POTUS channel they were actually talking about politics and not how devastating that injury was.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This implies that everyone will curl up in a ball of anguish, unable to function effectively after witnessing a traumatic event, up to and including death.

To each his own... 100%... but I can assure you that there are a great many who can and will do exactly the opposite.

This is just me, and I respect the differences in others, but if I survived that same event, or died, I would want my brothers to finish that game immediately after I was removed from the field. If it was my brother laying on that field I would want to finish that game for him.

You can say it's just a game, but on the other hand it runs a lot deeper than that once the layers start getting peeled back, and I'm not even talking about standings and seedings.
Fortunately the Medics didn’t crawl up in a ball. They responded quickly administering CPR saving the kids life.

Much like in any tragic event someone has to respond taking action instead of crawling up in a ball.

It’s always been much more than a game. Many of these players over the years have taken punishment which eventually kills them , has shortened or disable their life.

The difference in this is we actually visualized it on live TV. And why the emotional reaction. But these players and really all involved understand the risk.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

uhmm... first off it is the players and coaches that are doing the "Whining." And they are "Whining," because seeding is a very big deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Isnt it ridiculous that you must even point out what I bolded? I found it absolutely insane that these media types were falling all over themselves to make sure they pointed out that they were "Not taking away from his injury," every time they actually tried to talk about sports. I listen often to fantasy football radio on sirius all week during the NFL season as I play in 5 fantasy leagues, so excuse e for being interested in player news. But all week on a FANTASY sports radio show, they avoided any talk of actual games or fantasy implications for fear of getting cancelled.

It was crazy that when I tuned in to the POTUS channel they were actually talking about politics and not how devastating that injury was.
Im not sure why discussing the game took away from the concern for the player.

What was the first thing the player asked . Did we win the game. He didn’t ask if he was going to be ok. Where’s my loved one, etc.

I really believe if the NFL wasn’t so concerned over lawsuits they would have been able to carry on once they realized the kid was alive. I could have understood cancelling the game if he actually died on the field.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Uh, that one less game is having negative playoff implications.

Also if none of this is a big deal, why is it taking up space in a section of this forum that is dedicated to discussion about the Cowboys? I would guess it should be in the NFL Zone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The issue is the timing. If this occurred early in the season they could've squeezed it in. With the playoffs starting next week there's no good time to do it.
Correct. After the fact once the decision was finally made at end of week.

But the discussions will center around not continuing the game either that evening or the next day or two considering the time of year it was .