News: AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game will not be rescheduled (no conspiracies)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Hey, stuff happens. Part of managing a business is that you have to manage public perception as well and the NFL is doing what's best for the NFL in that regard. If people have issues with that then they can start their own business where they're welcome to step over dead bodies on the job to their heart's delight.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hey, stuff happens. Part of managing a business is that you have to manage public perception as well and the NFL is doing what's best for the NFL in that regard. If people have issues with that then they can start their own business where they're welcome to step over dead bodies on the job to their heart's delight.

Yeah, it's really easy to start your own football league - the other multi-millionaire and billionaire that have tried and failed attest to that. Good solution.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This was a rare event, and a game was cancelled. Take a moment to think about this. one game wasn't played. Who cares? People are acting as if this is a national tragedy. It's one stinking game that affected some seeds. Spilt milk.

You say this as if the NFL has a good history of not going overboard with the rules they create. This will 100% be something they discuss heavily over the offseason for something that is "rare", but the thing is, they'll extend these things that are common in the NFL to compensate for the fan outrage. This is a league that can't even define a catch without it being convoluted nonsense.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah, it's really easy to start your own football league - the other multi-millionaire and billionaire that have tried and failed attest to that. Good solution.

They did it wrong. You can succeed where they failed. You and your partners here can put your heads together and implement all those snazzy ideas you've come up with in hindsight.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You say this as if the NFL has a good history of not going overboard with the rules they create. This will 100% be something they discuss heavily over the offseason for something that is "rare", but the thing is, they'll extend these things that are common in the NFL to compensate for the fan outrage. This is a league that can't even define a catch without it being convoluted nonsense.

Some of us understood what a catch was then AND now. Lol.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Honestly, it's more about the people that said the game didn't matter and now them same people are mad that KC might get the one seed by default. If the game didn't matter like y'all said, then just accept the result

lukin2006

Reaction score
The game should be played…it’s called integrity.

as far as I’m concorned since these greedy owners wanted a 17th game their should be a bye before the playoffs start…and that is when this game could have been played. Instead the nfl is perfectly fine with Super Bowl winners who just basically survive the injury bug…

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This was a rare event, and a game was cancelled. Take a moment to think about this. one game wasn't played. Who cares? People are acting as if this is a national tragedy. It's one stinking game that affected some seeds. Spilt milk.
Those effected seedings and home field advantage could affect who makes it to Super Bowl. That’s about as big of deal as it gets.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You reminded me of something. I think I'll share. Back in the late 90s when I was working in a toll booth, a car flips over in my lane. I think he was drunk. A girl working 5 or 6 lanes to my right goes out on stress for 6 months. With pay.

Everybody is different. Different people take similar incidences differently.
Good point. Yes, everyone does handle these trauma situations differently. Fortunately with that tragic accident some were able to redirect traffic and begin to clear the roadway so things returned to normal as soon as possible .

Some of us are capable of mourning the tragedies or respecting the victims while arranging services moving forward handling the effects of the events and looking for solutions.

Reactions: CWR

Flamma

Reaction score
Those effected seedings and home field advantage could affect who makes it to Super Bowl. That’s about as big of deal as it gets.

It only affected one team negatively that had nothing to do with this, Baltimore. They took a step to fix that. Everyone else was either affected positively or were the cause. I don't see the problem.

Not long ago Buffalo had to play a game elsewhere due to too much snow. Or they can pretend it's 1972, and teams with better records didn't always get home field.

Reactions: CWR

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No conspiracies?
Why would the topic of the thread invite conspiracies?
You new to the internet?

Flavors of ice cream could create conspiracy theories on some sites.

“The world is run by Big Vanilla and Big Chocolate!!!”

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It only affected one team negatively that had nothing to do with this, Baltimore. They took a step to fix that. Everyone else was either affected positively or were the cause. I don't see the problem.

Not long ago Buffalo had to play a game elsewhere due to too much snow. Or they can pretend it's 1972, and teams with better records didn't always get home field.
It potentially affects several teams .

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Cincinnati gets the shaft much worse than Baltimore. Baltimore only gets screwed if Cincy would have gone on an 2 game losing streak, which isn’t extremely likely. However, with Cincinnati winning the division, theoretical tie breakers will not be acknowledged as they would be for KC or Buffalo:

The point of the neutral AFCCG is to reward teams for opportunity lost, right? 3 teams could have potentially won the AFC #1 seed before Monday. So they assume both teams could have won Monday and that creates all kinds of scenarios.

However, If Cincinnati had won the Monday Night game they were leading in, they’d have a tiebreaker over Buffalo and finish with the same record. Yet regardless of what happens this weekend, even if BUF loses and Cincy wins, Buffalo will get the higher seed and any Cincy-Buffalo playoff game will be in Buffalo. That’s not equity

Flamma

Reaction score
Cincinnati gets the shaft much worse than Baltimore. Baltimore only gets screwed if Cincy would have gone on an 2 game losing streak, which isn’t extremely likely. However, with Cincinnati winning the division, theoretical tie breakers will not be acknowledged as they would be for KC or Buffalo:

The point of the neutral AFCCG is to reward teams for opportunity lost, right? 3 teams could have potentially won the AFC #1 seed before Monday. So they assume both teams could have won Monday and that creates all kinds of scenarios.

However, If Cincinnati had won the Monday Night game they were leading in, they’d have a tiebreaker over Buffalo and finish with the same record. Yet regardless of what happens this weekend, even if BUF loses and Cincy wins, Buffalo will get the higher seed and any Cincy-Buffalo playoff game will be in Buffalo. That’s not equity

I only counted Baltimore because they had nothing to do with this. I don't care how much cinci got screwed, The Bengals and Bills decided, or were the cause for the game not being played. So any negative impact they get, was because of them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They had to do something

Im sure the red-hot Bengals are a little bummed that any chance of the top seed was removed from them, but not the Bills or Chiefs. I felt good about them beating the Bills in Cincy and they appeared on their way.

but whatever was decided, it wasnt going to be perfect

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They had to do something

Im sure the red-hot Bengals are a little bummed that any chance of the top seed was removed from them, but not the Bills or Chiefs. I felt good about them beating the Bills in Cincy and they appeared on their way.

but whatever was decided, it wasnt going to be perfect

KC-Cincy in Jerry World would be pretty epic

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You reminded me of something. I think I'll share. Back in the late 90s when I was working in a toll booth, a car flips over in my lane. I think he was drunk. A girl working 5 or 6 lanes to my right goes out on stress for 6 months. With pay.

Everybody is different. Different people take similar incidences differently.
Agree, which is why I would have said we are playing the game, but if any player, coach, trainer needs to stay away for their own personal reasons, we will respect that. But, the game will be played.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I only counted Baltimore because they had nothing to do with this. I don't care how much cinci got screwed, The Bengals and Bills decided, or were the cause for the game not being played. So any negative impact they get, was because of them.
Can’t blame Bills or Bengals for canceling the game . That wasn’t their decision. The league ruled on that.