AFC potential cut candidates: Nick Chubb, Joey Bosa are potential cap casualties

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Gallup feels like a post June 1st cut.
Cooks actually saves you more money by simply restructuring.
But cutting Gallup opens a starting WR need and thats never cheap to fill.
I think Tolbert would actually be fine but if not u can sign a cheap veteran as a 3 if they weren’t happy with him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But cutting Gallup opens a starting WR need and thats never cheap to fill.
How would you fill it?????? free agency or 24/57 draft pick. Something to keep in mind I guess.....MM never paid prices for WRs as Packers HC. Remember Jordy Nelson

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think Tolbert would actually be fine but if not u can sign a cheap veteran as a 3 if they weren’t happy with him
This seems more likely.......I have to believe Tolbert will get every opportunity to start. He played much better this past season but is he ready????

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This seems more likely.......I have to believe Tolbert will get every opportunity to start. He played much better this past season but is he ready????
We will see, personally I think he will be. Lamb is gonna do a lot of the heavy lifting, I expect Ferguson to have a larger role and make a leap as well and cooks settled in nicely over the last half of the year as he got comfortable here. If they can ever get a run game going it will help so much and we don’t need over the top production from #3

Chasing6

Reaction score
Are here any centers projected as 1st round draft picks in the upcoming draft?
I like these two.
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon.
  • Graham Barton, Duke.
Jackson is a pure Center. Graham can play anywhere and is projected more as IOL. Both are strong and can get to the level.

1 of them should be there at 24.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surprised that DLaw isnt mentioned….unless I missed it.

Saves 10 mill post June.
The Homers like something about him being a stud against the run or something.
Sacks not too much.............. :muttley:
Pay the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he's not injured again.

Kwyn

Reaction score
My goodness......some good players ( could this be Jerry's "all in"? )

https://www.nfl.com/news/afc-cut-ca...heading-into-free-agency?campaign=Twitter_atn

AFC cut candidates: Nick Chubb, Joey Bosa among potential cap casualties heading into free agency​

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-cut-ca...otential-cap-casualties-of-free-agency-frenzy

NFC cut candidates: Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones among potential cap casualties of free agency frenzy​

Bosa would be cut because he is always injured and we just had a year with a RB coming back from surgery and Chubbs was much worse than Pollards.

Just keep in mind that some of the other guys we’ll hear mentioned soon are just cap casualties and just make too much money.

If these teams can’t afford these guys, why would we imagine we could?

There are teams with huge cap room, like the Commanders, who are much more likely to sign top tier free agents.

“All in” doesn’t mean “turn fantasy into reality”.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Bosa would be cut because he is always injured and we just had a year with a RB coming back from surgery and Chubbs was much worse than Pollards.

Just keep in mind that some of the other guys we’ll hear mentioned soon are just cap casualties and just make too much money.

If these teams can’t afford these guys, why would we imagine we could?

There are teams with huge cap room, like the Commanders, who are much more likely to sign top tier free agents.

“All in” doesn’t mean “turn fantasy into reality”.
I think some can expect their value to go down a bit, at least temporarily and rightfully so coz most are not living up to the value of their contract. But I do agree, the chances of Stephen signing any mid-level+ free agent are slim to none.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Surprised that DLaw isnt mentioned….unless I missed it.

Saves 10 mill post June.
Yesh, especailly since he is still playing a 14 regular season schedule and is too tired to make it into the playoffs, rather be fishing. I am really done with this guy. As for Bosa, it's the wrong one. Pass.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give me Chubb all day. Incentive laden deal. When healthy he’s a top 3 back in the league
I wouldn’t touch Chubb. He’s had knee injuries before and if you saw last years, it was NASTY. Plus, he’s 29 years old this year…He’s taken a beating. Need young, fresh, and cheaper legs…if he even plays next year, he’ll never be 100%. We need 100%.

John813

Reaction score
Bosa vs Tyron Smith in Training camp would be legit for the 6 snaps till someone pulls up lol.

Knowing our luck, Joey would sign a 1 year deal with the 49ers and then stay healthy with a career season.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dlaw is arguably our best run defender.
He has been our "best run defender" for 10 years now. 10 years where the run defense has been terrible. Perhaps it is time to get a new "best run defender".

DuncanIso

Reaction score
$10m probably isn’t enough savings to cut him. I bet Dlaw is safe for another season despite the lackluster sack numbers.
He’s near end of career.

And UFA soon.

Take the savings and use them to sign Tyron.