AFC potential cut candidates: Nick Chubb, Joey Bosa are potential cap casualties

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s going to be a tough injury to come back from at his age.
Only RB money I see us spending is on Derick Henry and I think that he will be out of our range.

Save the money for an impact DT and vet LB. Draft an OC early and a RB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only RB money I see us spending is on Derick Henry and I think that he will be out of our range.

Save the money for an impact DT and vet LB. Draft an OC early and a RB.
I wouldn’t be interested in Henry. A lot of miles and is pushing 30. He wasn’t that impressive this past season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be interested in Henry. A lot of miles and is pushing 30. He wasn’t that impressive this past season.
I don't want another Pollard type of back. We need a power back that can get a first down on 3rd and 2.

Flamma

Reaction score
Surprised that DLaw isnt mentioned….unless I missed it.

Saves 10 mill post June.
Because he's not really a cut candidate. Similar to Gallup, their dead cap is close to their cap hit. They're not considering a post June 1st cut. If they did, everybody can be a cut candidate.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chubb - NO
Henry - NO
Bosa - NO

Jebus just find players at those positions in the draft. Younger, healthier and most importantly - cheaper!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So we are going to need a #2 WR?????

Should we keep an eye on 24 for a replacement?

The Cowboys are currently projected to be $19.7 million over the cap (second-most in the NFC) and are yet again searching for the right piece(s) to make a run into February. Neither Gallup nor Cooks seem like a fit for the WR2 shoes behind CeeDee Lamb and either/both would save the team money if released. (Gallup would likely need to be a post-June 1 cut.) Hopefully for Dallas fans' sake, the 'Boys can find an answer for that glaring WR2 hole in free agency or the draft.
Gallup feels like a post June 1st cut.
Cooks actually saves you more money by simply restructuring.
But cutting Gallup opens a starting WR need and thats never cheap to fill.

Redline360

Reaction score
Meh unless they come dirt cheap or inventive driven hard pass.

Bosa has what 14 or 15 games combined the last two seasons and chubb coming back from that knee injury...

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
So we are going to need a #2 WR?????

Should we keep an eye on 24 for a replacement?

The Cowboys are currently projected to be $19.7 million over the cap (second-most in the NFC) and are yet again searching for the right piece(s) to make a run into February. Neither Gallup nor Cooks seem like a fit for the WR2 shoes behind CeeDee Lamb and either/both would save the team money if released. (Gallup would likely need to be a post-June 1 cut.) Hopefully for Dallas fans' sake, the 'Boys can find an answer for that glaring WR2 hole in free agency or the draft.
Don’t agree that cooks wasn’t a fit as a number 2. He came along really well as the season came around and with another year in McCarthy system and with dak he’ll be fine imo